Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Our petition is approved at NSC!

May 18 - PD

May 27 - petition received

October 19 - petition approved

This is exactly 5 months.

Wow congrats!!!! it really seems that NSC is working right on schedule. Thank you for sharing the good news. I guess its fair to say they are currently working on May applications.

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi... Did anybodys case get transferred from Nebraska to another office? Mine just got transferred the other day and was wondering if anybody else in here had the same issue. Thanks!!

Are you over the "5 month" mark at NE processing center and did they transfer you to CA? I know Vermont was transferring a lot of I130 cases to CA last month due to work load, maybe NE is getting a bit swampy and is doing the same? Good news is at least you know someone even looked at your case.

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I just hit 3 months 10 days ago. The case status said that I will receive a letter in the mail stating why it was transferred. I still do not know which center it was sent to. I usually post in the July filers and about 4 other individuals were also transferred to another office the same day I was. They as well do not know the reason nor which office it was sent to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just hit 3 months 10 days ago. The case status said that I will receive a letter in the mail stating why it was transferred. I still do not know which center it was sent to. I usually post in the July filers and about 4 other individuals were also transferred to another office the same day I was. They as well do not know the reason nor which office it was sent to.

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks you should recieve your letter and have a better understanding as to why and where it went. I am almost positive though that when you get transferred you don't start the count down back to zero, meaning you have 3 months down in processing so it doesn't go to the end of the processing pile. Hopefully you will still be looking at a 5 month or less approval time. Keep us posted as what your letter says.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know I"m in the wrong thread, but I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I'm a US citizen and my husband is a resident, (he came in 2014 from Dominican Republic). What is the process for bringing his 9 year old daughter to the country? Fees,forms, how long does it take, etc.? Thank you soon much for your help!!!

Read the guides on the I-130 process. You can petition for her it will be faster since you are the citizen.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Hi... Did anybodys case get transferred from Nebraska to another office? Mine just got transferred the other day and was wondering if anybody else in here had the same issue. Thanks!!

WOW you are a month after our NOA1 and already transferred. That's weird maybe a country specific thing.

USCIS:
JUN 15 2015: Filed I-130 petition
JUN 17 2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
JUN 19 2015: Petition is accepted sent to NSC
NOV 16 2015: Case Approved
NOV 23 2015: Case sent to NVC

NVC:
DEC 02 2015: Received at NVC
DEC 17 2015: Case number and IIN created
DEC 18 2015: Received Case number via phone
DEC 18 2015: DS261 Completed Online
DEC 18 2015: AOS Fee Paid Online
DEC 18 2015: Welcome Letter sent via USPS. No email
DEC 21 2015: AOS Fee marked as PAID
DEC 29 2015: AOS and IV package mailed
DEC 31 2015: DS-261 called NVC to unlock
JAN 04 2016: AOS and IV package Delivered
JAN 04 2016: IV Invoiced and paid Online
JAN 04 2016: AOS and IV package scanned/received
JAN 07 2016: IV Fee marked as PAID
JAN 08 2016: DS-260 Submitted
FEB 09 2016: Case Complete (36 days from Scan date) Saw the 3 NA’s
FEB 24 2016: Received Interview date by phone

FEB 26 2016: Received P4 Letter via mail

MAR 23 2016: Petition sent to Embassy. Status is "IN TRANSIT"

MAR 29 2016: Petition arrives at embassy and signed for

MAR 29 2016: Status changes to "READY" with Case Status update: 29 MAR-2016

APR 26 2016: Case Status updated. First touch since arriving at embassy.
APR 28 2016: Interview day - In Additional Administrative Processing

APR 29 2016: Case Status updated

MAY 3 2016: Email from Embassy to drop off Passport. We are APPROVED. Thank God!!

MAY 4 2016: Dropped off Passport

MAY 13 2016: Case Status updated to ISSUED

MAY 20 2016: Picked up Visa package and Passport. Praise God!!

JUNE 28 2016: POE HOUSTON here I come!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Split thread moved to correct forum~

~help with daughter of USC~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/572048-need-help-bringing-daughter-of-usc-to-us-split-thread/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Wow congrats!!!! it really seems that NSC is working right on schedule. Thank you for sharing the good news. I guess its fair to say they are currently working on May applications.

This is actually better than the latest schedule. We got lucky. (Thank you, Nebraska!) The processing times for NE currently show PD of April 2, although previously it was 5 months.

I'm guessing they've gotten a bit behind on some of the applications, but working hard to speed it up for everybody.

Edited by meandmom

I'm starting to doubt myself of getting approval via USCIS. The country of petition is Vietnam. My I-130 bona fide package includes: a timeline, hotel/travel receipts for our mini honeymoon, pictures (from the local court wedding, vacation trips, family pictures), engagement and wedding ring receipts ($12k plus), and 1 proof of entry visa for my most recent trip (just realized I had to save ticket stubs & entry visa instead of trashing it). For other previous trips, I printed out my travel mileage points records from the airline.

I stated that I don't have a wedding reception until Mar 2016 because I wanted my family to be there (I sent them proofs of purchased travel tickets of my parents and sister) so we won't have any wedding reception/ceremony pictures until then. I also did not include any chat logs.

Do you think this will get us the approval or we will be getting the dreaded RFE?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm starting to doubt myself of getting approval via USCIS. The country of petition is Vietnam. My I-130 bona fide package includes: a timeline, hotel/travel receipts for our mini honeymoon, pictures (from the local court wedding, vacation trips, family pictures), engagement and wedding ring receipts ($12k plus), and 1 proof of entry visa for my most recent trip (just realized I had to save ticket stubs & entry visa instead of trashing it). For other previous trips, I printed out my travel mileage points records from the airline.

I stated that I don't have a wedding reception until Mar 2016 because I wanted my family to be there (I sent them proofs of purchased travel tickets of my parents and sister) so we won't have any wedding reception/ceremony pictures until then. I also did not include any chat logs.

Do you think this will get us the approval or we will be getting the dreaded RFE?

hopefully this will ease your mind you sent well enough actually more than most people do you'll easily get an approval don't worry .

Timeline

Don't worry. Thst information and evidence we send is more for embassy. USCIS could careless. You gave plenty yo satisfy them.

And shoukd be fine for embassy.

But do read your embassy reviews to see what others did.

USCIS:
JUN 15 2015: Filed I-130 petition
JUN 17 2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
JUN 19 2015: Petition is accepted sent to NSC
NOV 16 2015: Case Approved
NOV 23 2015: Case sent to NVC

NVC:
DEC 02 2015: Received at NVC
DEC 17 2015: Case number and IIN created
DEC 18 2015: Received Case number via phone
DEC 18 2015: DS261 Completed Online
DEC 18 2015: AOS Fee Paid Online
DEC 18 2015: Welcome Letter sent via USPS. No email
DEC 21 2015: AOS Fee marked as PAID
DEC 29 2015: AOS and IV package mailed
DEC 31 2015: DS-261 called NVC to unlock
JAN 04 2016: AOS and IV package Delivered
JAN 04 2016: IV Invoiced and paid Online
JAN 04 2016: AOS and IV package scanned/received
JAN 07 2016: IV Fee marked as PAID
JAN 08 2016: DS-260 Submitted
FEB 09 2016: Case Complete (36 days from Scan date) Saw the 3 NA’s
FEB 24 2016: Received Interview date by phone

FEB 26 2016: Received P4 Letter via mail

MAR 23 2016: Petition sent to Embassy. Status is "IN TRANSIT"

MAR 29 2016: Petition arrives at embassy and signed for

MAR 29 2016: Status changes to "READY" with Case Status update: 29 MAR-2016

APR 26 2016: Case Status updated. First touch since arriving at embassy.
APR 28 2016: Interview day - In Additional Administrative Processing

APR 29 2016: Case Status updated

MAY 3 2016: Email from Embassy to drop off Passport. We are APPROVED. Thank God!!

MAY 4 2016: Dropped off Passport

MAY 13 2016: Case Status updated to ISSUED

MAY 20 2016: Picked up Visa package and Passport. Praise God!!

JUNE 28 2016: POE HOUSTON here I come!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

case transfer to a new service center called-Potomac service center (PSC) which is the 5th service center recently added.

“The Potomac Service Center (PSC) will process applications and petitions to help balance workloads and add capacity. The agency’s existing service centers in Texas, Nebraska, California, and Vermont are operating at maximum capacity,” A USCIS spokesperson said in a statement to Breitbart News.

USCIS anticipates that PSC will begin processing “workloads” by August and is already hiring for the new PSC location.

Can't locate the processing dates for this service center, any one who have any idea?

Edited by taboyeJuly2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.