Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't really know what to think. I was told this morning by another VJ member, that he called USCIS NSC and they said they're working on cases from February. My PD is April 7... I was really thinking that I'd be approved by now or hear something on my case.... but I just need to relax and be patient. Hopefully we will be approved soon within this month.

I'm praying for your quick approval!

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

I'm praying for your quick approval!

Thank you so much. Hoping it's soooooooooon. :)

PD March 29th

Still waiting :cry:

Call and speak to Tier 2 officer. Hope you get approved soon.

Hi all,

My husband is currently living in India. Our I-130 petition was received by the USCIS on May 9th and we are still waiting on NVC 2.

We are planning to celebrate our anniversary in Feb together. So my husband would have to apply for a tourist visa to visit me here in States while we are still waiting for our case approval. Do you think it's possible for him to obtain a tourist visa while our I-130 is still in process?

i was told by a former state department employee that it is perfectly fine to apply for a tourist visa while waiting on the permanent visa. however it important not to reference the other visa or the marriage.

I don't think I-864 is required to be sent with I-130 or at least I never sent it with my I-130, I also did it my self. I make more than enough for their guide line to sponsor my wife. I am just lost to if I should mark Yes or No for the question where it says did I file tax return for last 3 recent tax year, as I did file tax return for 2 years and only one is the 3rd year that I didn't file.

maybe submit the last tax return prior to when your parents claimed you as a dependent. that would equal 3 years with the current 2 years well above guideline. no worries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sent I-130 package August 12 to chicago lockbox and they sent it to nebraska NOA1 august 16 received email, almost one month and still haven`t received any thing on the mail hoping every thing is going well.

I-130 Petition Filed From Abroad

August 12-2016 Sent I-130 Petition to Chicago.

August 16-2016 USCIS received I-130, Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska.

February 21-2017 Approved I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

March 26-2017 Submitted I-864 AOS Email Processing

April 03-2017 Case Complete NVC in 1 week

May 23-2017  Interview Date

May 23-2017 Approved!. Thank GOD!

Sent I-130 package August 12 to chicago lockbox and they sent it to nebraska NOA1 august 16 received email, almost one month and still haven`t received any thing on the mail hoping every thing is going well.

it took a while to receive the letter for me too, filing from abroad also. Rest assumed though the email is enough, the letter isn't required for anything in hard copy. I recently got NOA2 by email but the physical copy never arrived. NVC still received it and have contacted me since. So no need to worry about the physical copy in the mail :-)

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

it took a while to receive the letter for me too, filing from abroad also. Rest assumed though the email is enough, the letter isn't required for anything in hard copy. I recently got NOA2 by email but the physical copy never arrived. NVC still received it and have contacted me since. So no need to worry about the physical copy in the mail :-)

Alright Thanks!

I-130 Petition Filed From Abroad

August 12-2016 Sent I-130 Petition to Chicago.

August 16-2016 USCIS received I-130, Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska.

February 21-2017 Approved I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

March 26-2017 Submitted I-864 AOS Email Processing

April 03-2017 Case Complete NVC in 1 week

May 23-2017  Interview Date

May 23-2017 Approved!. Thank GOD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It is a little early for us to get a NO2 (we have a PD of May 27th) plus we are Sunday, but I got a notification from the app tonight saying our case result/case status has changed. But now one app says "(result) unavailable" and the USCIS case tracker AND the website can't find our case at all. Did it happen to anyone else at NSC? Is the website/app down? Damn my heart was racing and my hands shaking...

Don't worry. It happened to me too. Seems like they are having a scheduled maintenance.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/customer-service-tools-outage

Too bad cause I'm expecting my case to be sent to NVC any day now... Anyone knows how long it takes usually? 3 weeks after approval?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thank you!
It depends on the Center for the NVC so hopefully Chicago is faster than Nevada that was taking 3 weeks-a month to send them out lately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is a little early for us to get a NO2 (we have a PD of May 27th) plus we are Sunday, but I got a notification from the app tonight saying our case result/case status has changed. But now one app says "(result) unavailable" and the USCIS case tracker AND the website can't find our case at all. Did it happen to anyone else at NSC? Is the website/app down? Damn my heart was racing and my hands shaking...

Most likely your case has been approved. But just wait until tomorrow to see if the app has changed and the Web says different. Good luck

App had issues - everybody had the same problem.

No updates for us yet...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was checking as well the USCIS tracker and it was not responding. I thought I check too many cases and they blocked my access :cry: but I guess its a system glitch they are facing :idea:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.