Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not your wife as she is not immigrating. Just you, her parents and their dependent children.

Ok . thanks i got that . Can you please let me know what to do in this case. My wife is petitioning for me and will be taking a leave to come to my home country until my visa process is completed.

So i wanted to ask as she has to file I-864 does she have to show that she is working and show the current income even if she is on leave or she just files it as zero income. As the co sponsor her parent already meet the income requirement so we just need to file a separate I-864 for them right ?

Please help me with my doubts.

Thanks

She still has her job or has she quit her job? If she still has her job then she writes the salary where it asks for "current income". But if she's quit her job and had no job at the moment then she writes "0" for her current income because she's not working and earning.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

She still has her job or has she quit her job? If she still has her job then she writes the salary where it asks for "current income". But if she's quit her job and had no job at the moment then she writes "0" for her current income because she's not working and earning.

Yeah she does have her job. She will be applying for a leave for the time she comes here or she will be getting work from home basis from her company while she travels to my home country.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah she does have her job. She will be applying for a leave for the time she comes here or she will be getting work from home basis from her company while she travels to my home country.

If she has a job now and she is the one petitioning for you shw needs to do a I-864. This visa stuff is tricky believe me and they want the I-864 from 2015 for her and the parents plus the dependents. Plz don't change up anything on your visa when it comes to your support part because it might delay your process.

Timeline

If she has a job now and she is the one petitioning for you shw needs to do a I-864. This visa stuff is tricky believe me and they want the I-864 from 2015 for her and the parents plus the dependents. Plz don't change up anything on your visa when it comes to your support part because it might delay your process.

Yeah i get your point. We are not going to change anything. We will file I-864 for her too . I just wanted to know if we need to mention her income there as she gets leave from the job or she get work from home.

I will be honest with you coming from someone that calls weekly , calling them is a waste of time the Tier 1 reps see just what we see .. The only thing is that they can tell you the last date of cases they are working on . for example I called today and was told I cant submit an inquiry because they are still working on cases from 2/2/2016 and my PD is 2/16/2016 and they can spend months on one particular date .. Now we know that's not true when we clearly see our peers in this room with PD dates as late as April being approved .

I will tell you the same thing I tell myself be patient Good things come to those who wait.. Hang in there it will get frustrating at times. especially when people with PD dates after yours are being approved.. I congratulate all recent approvals as I know that being away from family is no easy task. :cry:

Thank you for your kind words and advice. I'm trying my best to be patient. All we can do is just wait. I've been preparing as much as I can for the NVC stage. At least I know what to expect next.

To be honest as well you are still in the 5 month mark. So just give it a few more days then call If you don't here anything by the 7the of September. After that date you can call them back and do a enquiry on your case. Bless of luck

That's what I'm planning on doing. Waiting until Sept 7 comes.. maybe a day or two after if I have not heard anything yet. I know that some cases take up to 6 months, I'm hoping I'll be approved before then. Best of luck to you as well. :)

Hey guys I'm already in the NVC process so I truly understand y'all frustration about no response from NVC yet. But the best information I can give yall is to go ahead and get your stuff together that your going to have to send them (Birth certificates, I-864's, employment letters, marriage certificate, PR, etc....). Cause once you get the email with the case number and invoice number you can pay the fee's online. Once you pay it online you can call them immediately and they will document that you paid them. Then you will get several emails back to back with instructions. But you will at least be on top on the process and can start sending your paperwork in the NVC via Email, fax, or regular mail depending on the country. I hope this comment will help yall feel a lil bit and more in control of your case. Gud luck

Thanks for the advice. That's what we're doing now. We pretty much have everything as well except for the police record, which we're waiting to get until the petition is approved. Good luck to you as well. :)

Glory be to Almighty Allah,I had RFE and I mailed Uscis back with what they request for on 23rd of August and they receive it by 24th of August.Now my I-130 was approved yesterday on 31st of August.Thanks God and I wish everyone that is waiting to be approve well and they should keep on praying cos everyone better day will come soonest.Amen

Glory be to Almighty Allah,I had RFE and I mailed Uscis back with what they request for on 23rd of August and they receive it by 24th of August.Now my I-130 was approved yesterday on 31st of August.Thanks God and I wish everyone that is waiting to be approve well and they should keep on praying cos everyone better day will come soonest.Amen

Ameen. Congratulations/Mabrook. :dancing:

Timeline

Yeah i get your point. We are not going to change anything. We will file I-864 for her too . I just wanted to know if we need to mention her income there as she gets leave from the job or she get work from home.

I just looked at your timeline and you're through with the hard part. Everything you sent USCIS for the AOS sent it to NVC (THE EXACT SAME WAY). The only thing extra you are going to need to send is Employment Letters for everyone that did the Affidavits. If your wife is still working now then she should get a employment letter from her employer right now stating is she still works there. Also, the letter should say how much her annual gross is at the moment. Cause the letter goes along with the I-864 she will submit. Cause if she's coming to India after the papers are sent there's no reason to put her income as "0". But if she's going to still be working for the company but from home base. Then I think she'll be fine on that end cause they are looking at right now vs a few month from now.

Timeline

I just looked at your timeline and you're through with the hard part. Everything you sent USCIS for the AOS sent it to NVC (THE EXACT SAME WAY). The only thing extra you are going to need to send is Employment Letters for everyone that did the Affidavits. If your wife is still working now then she should get a employment letter from her employer right now stating is she still works there. Also, the letter should say how much her annual gross is at the moment. Cause the letter goes along with the I-864 she will submit. Cause if she's coming to India after the papers are sent there's no reason to put her income as "0". But if she's going to still be working for the company but from home base. Then I think she'll be fine on that end cause they are looking at right now vs a few month from now.

I understand that. But she is planning to come to India as soon as this end of month and we will be submitting the packages from here then. So the case right now is about to reach NVC and will take 4-6 weeks as stated by them in the call. So there are two possiblities for her that either the company will give her leave for the time she asks for or she will get work from home and the salary will continue. So in that case we can mention the income as current and if she is on leave then can we state her income and the employer as well ?

Timeline

I understand that. But she is planning to come to India as soon as this end of month and we will be submitting the packages from here then. So the case right now is about to reach NVC and will take 4-6 weeks as stated by them in the call. So there are two possiblities for her that either the company will give her leave for the time she asks for or she will get work from home and the salary will continue. So in that case we can mention the income as current and if she is on leave then can we state her income and the employer as well ?

It's not going to take 4 to 6 weeks for NVC to receive your paperwork. But how fast they get the packets from yall is up to y'all. Now after they get your packets it will take 4 to 6 weeks for your case to become complete. So after you send in the packets everything after that want matter if she does a leave or wrk from home. My co-sponsor changed jobs right after I sent my packets in to NVC. It doesn't affect our process at all because the employment letters went along with the I-864 for 2015. The only way it would matter is if we had a report tax info next yr for 2016 which isn't over yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi guys, I just need some help with I-864. My husband's income is just a couple of hundred less to pass the requirement for 3 members so we would like to use a joint sponsor which is his stepdad and mom. They all live in the same household but he files his tax return separately. My questions would be, should we write his parents's name in his I-864, Part 6? Which form should his parents use, would it be the I-864a?

Timeline

It's not going to take 4 to 6 weeks for NVC to receive your paperwork. But how fast they get the packets from yall is up to y'all. Now after they get your packets it will take 4 to 6 weeks for your case to become complete. So after you send in the packets everything after that want matter if she does a leave or wrk from home. My co-sponsor changed jobs right after I sent my packets in to NVC. It doesn't affect our process at all because the employment letters went along with the I-864 for 2015. The only way it would matter is if we had a report tax info next yr for 2016 which isn't over yet.

Ms.F.Brown I wished if they were not taking 4-6 weeks to received the paperwork. Currently there not sending the cases as fast as they were doing till last month. I was approved on 11th August and still NVC has not received it and USCIS has not send it. I am hoping they do it soon, we should not have to wait after the case it approved but I know life is not fair

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Timeline

Alright i get that what u saying here. She was planning to gather the paper work to be submitted and come to india amd once the fees are unlocked we would pay it and send the package from India. Thats what our plans is

Timeline

How many people are still waiting for USCIS to send the approved I-130 to NVC?

I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks and saw on the app that they started sending petitions approved on 9, 10 & some of 11th on 9/2/16. I am starting get really worried and this frustration is starting to turn into depression. 7 months since submitting case has been longest ever and waiting is taking troll on me.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.