Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Don't worry. It happened to me too. Seems like they are having a scheduled maintenance.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/customer-service-tools-outage

Too bad cause I'm expecting my case to be sent to NVC any day now... Anyone knows how long it takes usually? 3 weeks after approval?

Mine was 15 days between NOA2 and being sent to NVC. Then 16 more days til case number assigned and welcome letter sent

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't worry. It happened to me too. Seems like they are having a scheduled maintenance.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/customer-service-tools-outage

Too bad cause I'm expecting my case to be sent to NVC any day now... Anyone knows how long it takes usually? 3 weeks after approval?

Mine was sent to NVC 25 days after approval and still waiting for NVC to receive it, which should be soon.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

I'm kinda curious... How long are you in NVC once you get there? I still have at least three months before that even happens. :thumbs:

I've seen anywhere from 2 months to 8 months in my research, that's til they pass your file to the embassy. But the good thing with NVC is you can control the speed a lot more ... I've just done my DS-261 form and paid the AOS fee and now I have a 15 day wait til I can do the next step. But if I have all the paperwork in order there's a chance I can be approved and have an interview before Christmas.

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NVC Stage

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

What do you mean by Chicago and Nevada? I didn't know there were different centers... How do you find out which one you will be sent to?

Thank you!
It depends on the Center for the NVC so hopefully Chicago is faster than Nevada that was taking 3 weeks-a month to send them out lately.

Also, this keeps bothering me. Please someone help :) Is the app 100% accurate on when the case is being sent to NVC? So basically there is no point of calling NVC until the app says that the case is being "sent to the department of state"?

I haven't been calling at all (almost 3 weeks since approval already) - is that the right thing to do? Thank you....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've seen anywhere from 2 months to 8 months in my research, that's til they pass your file to the embassy. But the good thing with NVC is you can control the speed a lot more ... I've just done my DS-261 form and paid the AOS fee and now I have a 15 day wait til I can do the next step. But if I have all the paperwork in order there's a chance I can be approved and have an interview before Christmas.

You don't have to wait 15 days to do the next step. If you paid already you can them and tell you thst you've paid all they we'll document it and pull the payment quicker.

Timeline

I'm kinda curious... How long are you in NVC once you get there? I still have at least three months before that even happens. :thumbs:

Like TheSmith's said it really depends on how fast you pay your fees and get all your paperwork in. But after your case is complete it also depends on the embassy and how fast they are putting out interview dates. I got approved on May 9th. NVC received ours petition on the 12th of May. I was able to pay my fees on the 27th of May. I sent all my paperwork off on June 27. We had to wait 30 for processing and we did be got a chklst for his PR. I sent it in on July 29th and our case was completed on August 25th. So now we're waiting on Kingston to give us a interview date. But from what we've learned they are scheduling dates out anywhere from 60 to 120 days.

Edited by Ms.F.Brown

Timeline

You don't have to wait 15 days to do the next step. If you paid already you can just call them and tell them that you've paid all. They we'll document it and pull the payment quicker so you can move on to the next step.

You don't have to wait 15 days to do the next step. If you paid already you can just call them and tell them that you've paid all. They we'll document it and pull the payment quicker so you can move on to the next step.

Thanks so much! I'll do that! I was worried if I did things before their "please wait x days" it might impact negatively on me.

I noticed in my husbands welcome email he got an invoice for the AOS fee... but in mine they mentioned the application fee but didn't give an invoice. Do you think something is missing from mine? It had a mysterious blank 2nd page.

Also, do both of us have to login to nominate an agent, or just the one login for our case? It's listed on both letters.

I-130 Petition Process:

NVC Stage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@Jeniafrench: yes there are different centers ; on your NO1 you can see at the end of the page on the left the USCIS Office Address your case was sent to :) It's really helpful to know to check out the timelines.

edit: it doesn't tell you where it will be sent at your NVC stage, it just gives you the center you are now (so you can check how long it usually takes for that center to send the cases out after the NO2).

Edited by __Siri

Timeline

Thanks so much! I'll do that! I was worried if I did things before their "please wait x days" it might impact negatively on me.

I noticed in my husbands welcome email he got an invoice for the AOS fee... but in mine they mentioned the application fee but didn't give an invoice. Do you think something is missing from mine? It had a mysterious blank 2nd page.

Also, do both of us have to login to nominate an agent, or just the one login for our case? It's listed on both letters.

You being the petitioner can pick who the agent is. I pick myself as the agent for our. Whatever info your husband gets you will get it too as the agent. But you probably do have 2 pages and just don't know it. When I got mine I didn't know I had multiple pages either until my husband told me. So make sure you scroll through the attachment to see if you got all of your pages. Because with the invoice you will receive a barcode cover sheet that goes with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I have confirmed both my app and USCIS website many times

I think my case is finally APPROVED!!!!

Received at 2nd May; Approved at 12th Sep.; 134 days!

oh my~what is next? what should I do?!!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Start gathering the documents for the next stage.

Birth certificate

Police certificates

Marriage certificate

Divorce decree /death certificate of your former spouse (if applicable)

Military records (if applicable)

Court or prison records (if applicable)

Photocopy of your passport

Translations of any of the above if necessary

Also the financials for affidavit of support

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

???? Congrats on your Approval lol. Hold for the next 3 mos of anxiety. This will be the smoothest part of it. Just wait until you get your case number and invoice number. Then you'll be on your way to the end. But while your waiting start getting your money for the fees together and the exact info you sent USCIS for the affidavit of support, the employment letters, marriage certificate, the PR. Cause as soon your fees are paid and excepted you can send your paperwork in to them. You'll wait about 30 days for them to review everything then you'll get your Approval from them. After that you want for the embassy to sign you a interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.