yailukmuu

I'm terrified--USCIS is giving a blatant scammer a GC and I don't seem to be able to stop them

103 posts in this topic

I’m scared sick. I am trying to prevent my wife who clearly scammed me, leaving hours after receipt by USCIS of the Adjustment of Support, to move to Arizona to be with her illegal sister there. She left on January 8th 35 days after our marriage, just hours after USCIS notice of acceptance of Adjustment of Status, never to return. No tears, no explanation--just a calm "thank you," (ticket waiting at the airport send by illegal sister in AZ)

On January 15th I wrote USCIS at NBC, PO Box 648002, Lee’s Summit, MO 64002 asking to withdraw support for pending I-485 application. Sent by traceable mail.

On January 27th, I did an Infopass meeting and handed papers to the agent asking to withdraw my Affidavit of Support. Agent said this will stop the process.

Now:

Today Case Status Flipped to : “On February 21, 2014, we ordered production of your new card.

These jerks are going to give this scammer a GC and I do not seem to be able to stop them.

I will do another Infopass, though the site is now down. Would someone please tell me which option to use in this case?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following -

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Just what I need, to be financially responsible for a blatant scammer for a decade. If this happens it’s a death sentence for me. I could not bear such injustice.

Nightmare upon nightmare.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would filing for an annulment ,in lieu of divorce ,based on immigration fraud ,be a possibility?

She would HAVE to be present for court proceedings in HIS jurisdiction ,which is unlikely.

Could that render previous immigration proceedings (other than K1 ) null and void ?

Yes it would, in some states this is a possibility, a good one. But State law rules here and NH, my state only has annulment for cases where religious improprieties occur. Fraud is not an acceptable cause of action for annulment here, sadly. In other states, yes, and a good one but not NH.

And that's a good question--would annulment render the K1 null and void. My answer: I haven't a clue. That's see a lawyer territory.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Because Philippines should be treated like Nigeria.

laughing.gifgood.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

Annulment, annulment, annulment! Annulment was meant for cases like this...fraud. If you get a divorce, she has rights such as to your property and support. Annulment is as if the marriage never took place.

If your situation is as you say it is, you should have no problems getting an annulment.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’m scared sick. I am trying to prevent my wife who clearly scammed me, leaving hours after receipt by USCIS of the Adjustment of Support, to move to Arizona to be with her illegal sister there. She left on January 8th 35 days after our marriage, just hours after USCIS notice of acceptance of Adjustment of Status, never to return. No tears, no explanation--just a calm "thank you," (ticket waiting at the airport send by illegal sister in AZ)

On January 15th I wrote USCIS at NBC, PO Box 648002, Lee’s Summit, MO 64002 asking to withdraw support for pending I-485 application. Sent by traceable mail.

On January 27th, I did an Infopass meeting and handed papers to the agent asking to withdraw my Affidavit of Support. Agent said this will stop the process.

Now:

Today Case Status Flipped to : “On February 21, 2014, we ordered production of your new card.

These jerks are going to give this scammer a GC and I do not seem to be able to stop them.

I will do another Infopass, though the site is now down. Would someone please tell me which option to use in this case?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following -

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Just what I need, to be financially responsible for a blatant scammer for a decade. If this happens it’s a death sentence for me. I could not bear such injustice.

Nightmare upon nightmare.

Any suggestions appreciated.

The green card will be mailed to the address listed on the I-485... which should be your home address. When you receive it, make an info pass appt and turn it in to USCIS.

If nothing works and she gets the green card, in two years it will expire and she will not be able to ROC without you.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Annulment, annulment, annulment! Annulment was meant for cases like this...fraud. If you get a divorce, she has rights such as to your property and support. Annulment is as if the marriage never took place.

If your situation is as you say it is, you should have no problems getting an annulment.

Good luck!

Annulment is controlled by State law. New Hampshire only allows annulment in cases involving religious issues. It's as simple as that and it cost me about $400 to obtain that answer.

In other states--you are correct.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Harpa - good catch, EAD vs GC !

re: Infopass to withdraw the I-864 - he did that, earlier, now he's scared that the thing getting issued is the green card.

ok - a hypothetical thing from me, for today wink.png

something arrives in the mail to the OP's address. Let's say it's the EAD. He can peer into it without opening it. He would rebundle this envelope inside another envelope with a letter stating that he's already withdrawn the I-864 and the beneficiary turned out to be a visa scammer, and ask the receipient of his letter to actually do the research to connect with the filing of the withdrawal with the AOS casefile.

OTOH, if this was the greencard that showed up, I recommend a similar approach, face to face, via infopass, asking for the floor supervisor in the window area, not leaving until the floor supervisor has entered stuff into the computer, and the OP getting a receipt of the withdrawal. It will require some talking with this supervisor, some guidance on what to do, and some reminding about the withdrawal process.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

OP: This is the EAD! Not the GC.

You said yourself you checked a DIFFERENT CASE NUMBER!

Each case (I-485, I-131, I-765) have DIFFERENT NUMBERS!

You can't check a different number, and then think it is the original number. Different numbers are different things, do you understand?

Follow up on getting the I-864 cancelled, and good luck. Have you made infopass to cancel the I-864?

Yes, Harpa Timsah, thanks to help from posters I have sorted out the three. I have found the corresponding correct number but the "check your case" website has been offline since last night. Since 31 days have passed from receipt by USCIS at Lee's Summit, and yes I handed papers over to the local Agent at an INFOPASS meeting on January 27th.

Back on page one Darnell itemized a plan of action and that's what I'll do. It's sort of insane to keep throwing paper into the void. I'm hopeful that my Congresswoman or Senator will have an immigration staffer deal directly with the Congressional Liaison Official within USCIS and I'll ask that my request be retroactive to the Jan 21 receipt or the Jan 27th INFOPASS meeting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

/me focuses on process usually, not sling emotional stuff normally.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, Harpa Timsah, thanks to help from posters I have sorted out the three. I have found the corresponding correct number but the "check your case" website has been offline since last night. Since 31 days have passed from receipt by USCIS at Lee's Summit, and yes I handed papers over to the local Agent at an INFOPASS meeting on January 27th.

Back on page one Darnell itemized a plan of action and that's what I'll do. It's sort of insane to keep throwing paper into the void. I'm hopeful that my Congresswoman or Senator will have an immigration staffer deal directly with the Congressional Liaison Official within USCIS and I'll ask that my request be retroactive to the Jan 21 receipt or the Jan 27th INFOPASS meeting.

if you look at page 1in the thread I gave you the contact info for a liaison at Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office

Edited by mimolicious

Keep the INFOPASS appointment on Monday and continue with email/phone/in person contact with immigration aide. You want proof you've been to infopass on two occasions - write down the name/ID number of the person you speak with at the Infopass so you can update the immigration aide and they can follow up on all this for you.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.