katie1990

I need help ASAP please !

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wait... I'm confused by the timelines, it seems you only became a LPR of May last year but your husband already had his interview for a green card? On what basis is he applying for the green card? Regardless the first thing you need to do is satisfy the RFE, what was the RFE for and why haven't you replied to it yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Your husband is the applicant for the EAD, so he has to contact them.

US privacy laws extends to spouses. Often, one spouse cannot get the private information of the other spouse from a third-party.

Man my husband gets home by the time they are closed. I guess ill be waking up with him tomorrow morning and hopefully well make it by the time they open!

June, 1996: EWI from Honduras and been here ever since !
April , 2001: American born father filed I-130
May 22 , 2012 : Lawyer sent AOS
June 10, 2012 : checks cashed
June 11, 2012 : NOA's arrived
June 13, 2012 : Biometrics appointment arrived for July 5th
June 19, 2012: Succesful walk-in at Bellflower,ca office
July 25, 2012 : First card production ordered text/email
July 30, 2012 : second card production ordered text/email
July 30 ,2012 : Third text/email approval notice sent
July 31,2012 : Fourth text/email usps reported it picked up email
Aug 2, 2012 : Fifth email USPS has delivered your new card at address on file
Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

May 6,2013 : Recieved email I-485 approved

May 10,2013: card document production ordered/ received Welcome letter

May 16,2013: Received Green Card in Mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not same as yours. The put the wrong date on my wife's GC. For whatever reason we didn't notice until several months later. We were going to go home to see her family for Christmas and the wrong expiration date was a few days after we planned to return so we didn't want to take any chances. Tried for 2 moths to make InfoPass appt in Santa Ana but ultimately found one in Imperial to get a I-551 stamp. But as mentioned above, the InfoPass will only deal with the applicant I believe.

Timeline

Wait... I'm confused by the timelines, it seems you only became a LPR of May last year but your husband already had his interview for a green card? On what basis is he applying for the green card? Regardless the first thing you need to do is satisfy the RFE, what was the RFE for and why haven't you replied to it yet?

He EWI , but i adjusted my status under 245-I , he was a derivative to my petition. So even though he was under removal proceedings, it was terminated and we had an interview on January 28th. The RFE was for me to prove i was here on December 2000, but i asked for my school records so that they can see i went to school at that time. But it takes 4-8 weeks for them to process my school records. So i have to wait to have those in hand.

Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

I think your husband is not supposed to leave with AP. you said he had a removal order which was terminated but his leave might trigger a bar and he became inadmissable. I think the other memebers can provide their opinions as well. try to contact the school and inform them that you need it for immigration and expain your situation. if you get the document quickly then try to talk to your local office if they can approve him and then you are in the safe side with a GC stamp in his passport

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Working & Traveling During US Immigration - topic mainly about traveling before green card ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The number one rule in any type of immigration, (dealing with USCIS) ""NEVER BUY ANY KIND OF TICKET TO DO ANYTHING, UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR APPLIED FOR PAPERWORK, IN HAND"""""

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If he leaves before he has GC he will have a 10 year ban to deal with.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

this isn't a typical green card case. Listen to boiler, if he leaves before he gets green card he will denied entry and banned for 10 years

Don't go anywhere, even with AP he will have problems getting back into the country.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

well his attorney and his associates all concluded he was safe to leave. But at this point i think we will have to wait either way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Safe to leave, getting back in is the issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.