SMB22

HELP!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! 5 MONTHS SINCE NOA2 AND NOTHING!!!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have to agree with this. Contact them by email though.

We have called the Ombudsman on multiple occasions and left messages, but they never return our calls. We also filled out that online form and send it off about 3-4 weeks ago. The confirmation email said that the average time was about 45 days so here anything back from them…

Is there a normal email address that you can message? I only know of that online form that we already filled out.

Thank you :)

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

We have called the Ombudsman on multiple occasions and left messages, but they never return our calls. We also filled out that online form and send it off about 3-4 weeks ago. The confirmation email said that the average time was about 45 days so here anything back from them…

Is there a normal email address that you can message? I only know of that online form that we already filled out.

Thank you smile.png

cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov

I would email the ombudsman but also CC the scopsscata as they oversee the service centers.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov

I would email the ombudsman but also CC the scopsscata as they oversee the service centers.

thank you so much, I will definitely do that and keep you updated.

-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey did you find your case, I have the same problem. My case was approved on OCT, but NVC don’t have it. I talked to USCIS and I send an e-mail to NVC research but no respond yet.

I really appreciate your help.

hey :)

yes my case was found and send back to the NVC, it took a total of three times but it now finally arrived on Jan. 7th at the NVC! I can't even tell you how happy I am...!! :))

have to tell you we tried EVERYTHING there is to somehow get our journey back on track. Unfortunately nothing really seemed to help. The Ombudsmen's Office, who's job it is to help people, were the ones who didn't help us at all..

I would advice you to contact them anyways, maybe you have better luck with them!

Fill out the online form, call them and send them an email. Also send an email to the NVC research and try to speak to a tier 2 supervisor at USCIS and have them put in a service request for you. Also ask for the physical location of your case.

Request them to send a duplicate copy to the NVC.

Do you know if it went missing within USCIS or in the mail?

I hope that helped :)

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you ever get a reply from the NVC research email? I sent them one a week ago and haven't had a reply. (Other than the automated one acknowledging that I sent it)

Did you have to persuade them to resend it, or is there a process/timeline before they'll do that?

21 Sep 2013 - Filed i-129F

27 Nov - NOA2 email received (63 days since NOA1)

30 Jan 2014 - NOA2 sent to NVC (64 agonizing days) P.S. Apparently VJ doesn't care about accurate timelines.

11 Feb - Got Case number

24 Feb - Packet 3 Received and Submitted

25 Feb - Packet 4 Received and Submitted

29 Apr - Medical (Dr Cheema)

01 May - Vancouver Consulate Interview - Approved!

06 May - Visa in hand!

06 June - Entered the USA!

14 June - Married!

Timeline

Did you ever get a reply from the NVC research email? I sent them one a week ago and haven't had a reply. (Other than the automated one acknowledging that I sent it)

Did you have to persuade them to resend it, or is there a process/timeline before they'll do that?

Well, yes I did get a reply, but I took a little over a month until I heard back form the NVC research and then all it said in the email was that they were working on finding my case, but they haven't come up with any information yet, they will get back to me once they find out anything... And then I received the exact same email once again after about another month. So the work they did was about useless! Now they just send me an email saying that they received my file and their "work" was done. HAHA great work! In other words they didn't do anything for me. By the time they told me that they received my file I already knew for about a week. I hope you have more luck with them!!

They, neither USCIS nor the NVC, will do anything for you before 90 days are over. (90 days from the date on your NOA2) But even after the 90 days nobody at USCIS really seemed to care about anything. My fiancé and I called them at least 20 or 30 times until our case was finally received at the NVC. At first they always told us that they had put in a service request for us and somebody would look into it, but of course nothing happened. So you really have to try to persuade them. If you feel like you won't get anywhere with the person on the phone your best of just to thank them, hang up and call back, hoping the next one will be a little more helpful. I made the experience that it all depends on the officer you talk to. One will be rude and hang up on you, others actually listen and try to help you. I advice you to call in the mornings, if possible, normally the wait time isn't quite as long since most people are at work. Also request a tier 2 officer right away, the reps who answer the phone are usually more than useless. If possible even take this all the way up to a tier 2 supervisor.

GOOD LUCK! and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with :)

-

Timeline

Wow that's depressing... Thanks for the info.

Oh well. I guess we'll just continue to call and wait, wait and call.

30 Jan 2014 - NOA2 sent to NVC (64 agonizing days) P.S. Apparently VJ doesn't care about accurate timelines.

11 Feb - Got Case number

06 May - Visa in hand!

14 June - Married!

Timeline

Wow that's depressing... Thanks for the info.

Oh well. I guess we'll just continue to call and wait, wait and call.

I am really sorry that I can't be a bigger help, but those are just the experiences I made.

At this point I would call the Ombudsmen's Office and see if they are willing to help. But once again it will probably take them forever, but hey it's always worth a shot! ;)

-

You can call them too:

Contact Information

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 0180
Washington, D.C. 20528

Phone: 1-855-882-8100 (toll free) or 202-357-8100 (local)

Fax: 202-357-0042

For general case inquiries: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov

I also would contact the USCIS, get a tier 2 on the line and ask where your case physically is. If they can't help you insist on being transferred to a supervisor. What you need to confirm is that your case was actually sent to the NVC and not the NRC. Ask them to send your file to the NVC again if possible. I think that you also may be able to contact the NVC and tell them the situation and ask them to contact the USCIS on your behalf.

*hugs* I'm so sorry that you're going through this. It's such utter bs.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Have you tried a more tenacious senator /congressman and this time told them exactly what to ask and to push this issue rather than

a la di a general inquiry ? Have you gotten the point across that you insist on an answer to where your case is and stop being so nice about it....
Have you stepped up your assertiveness a notch ?
If not consider to re file and since it is their fault and it is lost, they need to expedite the current (when found) or new petition. Get that in writing through a congressman who means business. They will play games with you but they will be more detailed with a senator/congressman who won't

take no BS in regards to "we can't find it, call back blah blah..."

Get a pit bull liason who will stay on top of this 24/7 until it is done in a reasonable amount of time.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

smb22 - I'm so happy you got some movement!

I had a heck of a time with my casefile,

and I learned all about the ISOs, casefile location, the layout of the local Dallas Office, the right questions to ask and how. Heck, I even engaged the ILS Human at my Congressman's Office.

Somedays, I just wanted to pitch it all - the stuff for me was depressing at times.

Tenacity paid off, Good For You !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Update: My Fiancee called USCIS again today. They told her that a letter was mailed to her yesterday saying the case has been mailed to the NVC, which, as far as the rep knew, meant it had been found and sent, and to contact them again if it's not there by Feb 10th.

Hopefully that's true, and we're only a few days away from a case #. Fingers crossed.

11 Feb - Got Case number

06 May - Visa in hand!

14 June - Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.