SMB22

3 months after NOA2 and still nothing...! :(

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I just found this forum and I am so happy to finally be able to talk to people in the same situation as my fiancé and I! :)

I am so worried and confused as to what is going on...

My fiancé and I received the letter with our NOA2 back on July 18th of 2013 and now it has over 3 months and we have not heard from the consulate her in Germany nor from the NVC. Obviously we are starting to get worried since it shouldn't take this long. After calling the USCIS it was confirmed that they had send out our approved petition on August 14th and it should be at the NVC by now...so we called the NVC to reinsure ourselves. Unfortunately the information we got did the opposite! The lady at the NVC told us that they had not received my case and that we needed to email the NVC-research, because it looks like our cause might have gone lost!

I emailed the NVC-research 2 days ago, but I am not really expecting to hear anything back until the end of the week.

I can't even tell you how worried I am right now!! Everything has gone quite smoothly and now this?! :((

Has this happened to anybody else and can you give me some advice as to what we should do?

I would love some help and moral support, this hole journey is so nerve recking!

Greetings from Germany,

Stef

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I just found this forum and I am so happy to finally be able to talk to people in the same situation as my fiancé and I! smile.png

My fiancé and I received the letter with our NOA2 back on July 18th of 2013 and now it has over 3 months and we have not heard from the consulate her in Germany nor from the NVC. Obviously we are starting to get worried since it shouldn't take this long. After calling the USCIS it was confirmed that they had send out our approved petition on August 14th and it should be at the NVC by now...so we called the NVC to reinsure ourselves. Unfortunately the information we got did the opposite! The lady at the NVC told us that they had not received my case and that we needed to email the NVC-research, because it looks like our cause might have gone lost!

I emailed the NVC-research 2 days ago, but I am not really expecting to hear anything back until the end of the week.

I can't even tell you how worried I am right now!! Everything has gone quite smoothly and now this?! sad.png(

Has this happened to anybody else and can you give me some advice as to what we should do?

I would love some help and moral support, this hole journey is so nerve recking!

Greetings from Germany,

Stef

Try calling DOS tomorrow and ask for your case. They work from 9am to 5pm

1-202485-7600.

Good luck!

CALL ASAP

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Timeline

Try calling DOS tomorrow and ask for your case. They work from 9am to 5pm

1-202485-7600.

Good luck!

CALL ASAP

Thank you fro your response :)

We already spoke to them and they told us to send an email to NVC research with a scan of our NOA2 approval.

My fiancé and I probably spend 3 hours on skype the other day calling a million different places to find out what was going on, but nobody told us anything that we didn't already know... :(

But if I don't hear anything from them soon I will call again.

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you fro your response smile.png

We already spoke to them and they told us to send an email to NVC research with a scan of our NOA2 approval.

My fiancé and I probably spend 3 hours on skype the other day calling a million different places to find out what was going on, but nobody told us anything that we didn't already know... sad.png

But if I don't hear anything from them soon I will call again.

Tha is terrible and annoying.

But what i have learnt from here is that you better call every single day. It is your right to know where your file is.

Good luck!

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Timeline

Tha is terrible and annoying.

But what i have learnt from here is that you better call every single day. It is your right to know where your file is.

Good luck!

Thank you! :)

I will call again tomorrow and let you know if I have any news. :)

-

Timeline

Hey, I just read your problem and I feel very sorry for that!

But it is really better if you start calling ASAP! And I support the answer with calling every day! I would be so frustrated! But never give up and fight for it! ❤

Davenella: I love your video in your signature! Gabe me tears! It reminds me so much on the situation with me and my fiancee.

Greetings

K1

09 August 2013 - Mailed I-129F

12 August 2013 - TSC receipt Date NOA1

18 August 2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09 October 2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

23 January 2014 - Orderd Service Request

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

24 February 2014 - Medical Appointment - passed the medical :-)

03 March 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

10 March 2014 - Case arrived at the Consulate...

15 March 2014 - Received Packet 3 // Sent Packet 3 off same day

22 March 2014 - Received Packet 4 - Interview on March 28, 2014

28 March 2014 - Interview appointment RESULT: Approved :-)))

02 April 2014 - Visa On Hand! :-)

06 April 2014 - Finally being with my Love <3 :)

20 June 2014 - Marriage <3, Key West, Florida

AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Gosh, 3 months! That is way, way too long to have to wait. :( There have been some cases where the file was sent to the National Records Centre instead of the National Visa Centre. I'd look into checking whether that could have happened to yours. Here is a similar thread that has some suggestions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447690-case-mistakenly-sent-to-nrc-instead-of-nvc-how-long-to-get-back-to-vt/

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to NVC Forum~

~Inquiry about NVC~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I just found this forum and I am so happy to finally be able to talk to people in the same situation as my fiancé and I! smile.png

I can't even tell you how worried I am right now!! Everything has gone quite smoothly and now this?! sad.png(

Greetings from Germany,

Stef

Will it be possible for your fiance to contact his congressman/congresswoman of their districts and ask their office to enquire on your case?

Timeline

Will it be possible for your fiance to contact his congressman/congresswoman of their districts and ask their office to enquire on your case?

We thought about doing this way back when we first applied but didn't really think that would actually help or that they would care... Have you make any experience with contacting them? :)

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I have contacted my congressman and they will help, but takes more time. I would go with the email to nvc research. Also a USCIS rep told me they will resend if more than 4 weeks after noa2.

Timeline

We thought about doing this way back when we first applied but didn't really think that would actually help or that they would care... Have you make any experience with contacting them? smile.png

Yes they do help. I got a response from my congressman's office in 3 days. It is worth a shot and no harm in doing it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our I-130 petition got lost between USCIS and NVC for 3 months. We contacted both USCIS and NVC and eventually someone at USCIS determined our petition got sent to a local office accidentally instead of the NVC. I was then called by a USCIS person who explained it all, but the inquiry and location took at least a month. After, it was received at NVC a few days later and our case number was very quickly generated.

The best you can do is go through USCIS and have them locate it. If NVC has no record, there's not much they can do for you.

Edited by GabbyBird

2012-11-20: Married in USA!

CR-1 Visa (9 Months, 16 Days)
2013-01-21: I-130 Packet Sent
2013-01-29: NOA1
2013-03-25: NOA2
2013-07-08: NVC Case Number Generated
2013-08-21: Medical exam in Moscow
2013-09-17: Expedite request accepted by NVC. Packet forwarded to Moscow embassy.
2013-09-26: Embassy contacted Rita to schedule her interview. Scheduled for 2013-09-30!
2013-09-30: Interview in Moscow - APPROVED!!
2013-10-10: P.O.E. JFK Int'l
2013-11-06: CR-1 Green card in hand!

Removal of Conditions (10 Months, 28 Days)
2015-08-11: i-751 Packet Sent
2015-08-13: NOA Receipt
2015-09-10: Biometrics
2016-06-30: Online Status Changed: New Card Is Being Produced
2016-07-05: i-797 NOA Received
2016-07-09: IR-1 Green card in hand!

Naturalization (6 Months, 29 Days)

2016-10-19: N-400 Filing Date

2016-10-24: N-400 NOA

2016-11-15: Biometrics

2017-04-10: Interview Letter NOA Received

2017-05-18: Interview & Oath

Timeline

Our I-130 petition got lost between USCIS and NVC for 3 months. We contacted both USCIS and NVC and eventually someone at USCIS determined our petition got sent to a local office accidentally instead of the NVC. I was then called by a USCIS person who explained it all, but the inquiry and location took at least a month. After, it was received at NVC a few days later and our case number was very quickly generated.

The best you can do is go through USCIS and have them locate it. If NVC has no record, there's not much they can do for you.

oh I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you as well! :(

my problem is that the USCIS tells us that they send it to NVC and they can't help me, I need to contact the NVC, and the NVC tells me that they don't have my case, I need to contact the USCIS and ask what happened to it... it's so nerve recking!! Hopefully the email I send to NVC research will help...

Yes they do help. I got a response from my congressman's office in 3 days. It is worth a shot and no harm in doing it.

My fiancé send an email to his congressman and senator today! Let's hope they respond soon :)

-

Timeline

oh I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you as well! sad.png

my problem is that the USCIS tells us that they send it to NVC and they can't help me, I need to contact the NVC, and the NVC tells me that they don't have my case, I need to contact the USCIS and ask what happened to it... it's so nerve recking!! Hopefully the email I send to NVC research will help...

My fiancé send an email to his congressman and senator today! Let's hope they respond soon smile.png

If i were you i wouldn't wait on the email. I would call their office and talk to one of the staff members. Tell them about your case and most likely they will ask you to sign a privacy form(they might send it to you by email and ask you to fax it back) and also ask you to fax your NOA2 and any other contact (via email) that you had with USCIS/NVC.

Hope you get some info about your case. Goodluck. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.