Needhelphere

Could my boyfriend sponsor me on going to US for a tourist visa ? So i dont have to worry getting my visa cuz i dont own my own property?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If i have a house under my name and a medium size cafe business which i manage and under my name too could i possibly get a Tourist visa? Even though im just 19 year old?

Your B F has zero to do with your tourist visa. You say you don't work. Then say you have a house and a café. The explanation of that alone will result in a denial.

At 19 you have no chance of ever getting a tourist visa. If you attempt this series of lies to try you may end up with a long term ban that will eliminate any chance of any type of visa in the future. " Get your stories "correct and in line" is poor advise for you smart Pinays. That just rings of a series of lies.

The only way you will ever know is to spend the time and money to find out by applying. When you do make sure you display all that intelligence by simply telling the truth.

Before you do that study the strongest ties rule and ask yourself how you would comply. Even a house may not be enough nor a café probably. You have to PROVE you must return.

Edited by Ning

Filed: Timeline

I find it curious these sorts of questions are posed by brand new members...makes one wonder about the true intent of the post. A 19 y/o woman from the PH who would have the resources to buy a plane ticket to the US, owns a home and a medium-sized cafe. Possible sure but likely?

When you tell the consular officer that you want to go to the U.S. to visit your boyfriend, your interview will be over.

Filed: Timeline

You said you did not own any property. Then you said you do not work. Then all of the sudden you have a house in your name and not only do you manage a cafe, but you own it too. You are doing well. I do not understand why you thought you would need your boyfriend to sponsor your tourist visa, since at the age of 19 you were able to own your own house and business in the time span of less than 8 hours.

Perhaps because the story was being invented on the fly...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So theres no chance to enter if i cant provide evidences like bank accounts or properties ? Cuz i dont work but i have a strong ties with my country ,no problem with that

By strong ties, they mean more economic rather than social. Do you own a home? Do you have a bank account? How much is in that account? Do you own a business? Are you employed? Do you have family there? etc...

Essentially, you need to prove that you have a strong incentive to go back to your country after visiting. Having a spouse/significant other in the US is already a negative strike against you, as it shows you actually have a strong incentive to stay in the US rather than go back home.

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Could my boyfriend sponsor me on going to US for a tourist visa ? So i dont have to worry getting my visa cuz i dont own my own property?

No, I tried to bring a friend here, but the Consulate rejected her tourist visa because she didn't have a job, property, children etc. in her home country. Too much risk on tourist visas that you would come then stay illegally.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline

No, I tried to bring a friend here, but the Consulate rejected her tourist visa because she didn't have a job, property, children etc. in her home country. Too much risk on tourist visas that you would come then stay illegally.

You didn't read far enough in her posts. Since you read that one she has bought a house and began a thriving café business.

On a serious note people need to know that even if they own property, have a job and even kids its doesn't mean they will get a tourist visa, Especially in some countries. I had all of the things you stated but was denied 3 times myself. Its far more complicated than what you describe to prove people MUST return.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You didn't read far enough in her posts. Since you read that one she has bought a house and began a thriving café business.

On a serious note people need to know that even if they own property, have a job and even kids its doesn't mean they will get a tourist visa, Especially in some countries. I had all of the things you stated but was denied 3 times myself. Its far more complicated than what you describe to prove people MUST return.

good.gif

My husband was denied 3 times in the past and he had a job, savings account and a house. You are considered guilty from the start and proving that you are innocent is not always that simple or easy.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

good.gif

My husband was denied 3 times in the past and he had a job, savings account and a house. You are considered guilty from the start and proving that you are innocent is not always that simple or easy.

This is exactly why my husband decided to bring us to the USA and help us become U S citizens. I am proud to say that will happen next month and then myself and my daughter will truly be free.

I love the blunt answers to questions like this one.

No.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Timeline

good.gif

It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, it has to do with immigration benefits fraud risk.

A lot of people want to come to the USA primarily for money and freedom.

Tourist visas are an easy way to get here and overstay.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, it has to do with immigration benefits fraud risk.

A lot of people want to come to the USA primarily for money and freedom.

Tourist visas are an easy way to get here and overstay.

I know the reasons. My husband is Mexican, so I understand it very well. It was just a basic, simplistic statement about the system. Those that entered the US illegally or used a tourist visa to get to the US and stayed before my husband ever had the desire to visit are the reason the CO saw him as 'guilty' of wanting to circumvent the legal immigration system as soon as they saw his visa application.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I know the reasons. My husband is Mexican, so I understand it very well. It was just a basic, simplistic statement about the system. Those that entered the US illegally or used a tourist visa to get to the US and stayed before my husband ever had the desire to visit are the reason the CO saw him as 'guilty' of wanting to circumvent the legal immigration system as soon as they saw his visa application.

You might be right from that viewpoint.

My ex is Vietnamese.

Many Latinos said to me, "If she was Mexican, then she'd already have been deported"

Sort of the typical belief that USCIS racially, ethnically, or culturally profiles applicants. Might be true who knows.

The fact that my ex-wife claimed abuse give her "reverse" profiling, in other words she is now "untouchable" and I'm the bad guy, when I didn't hurt a hair on her or even call her a name.

It's almost like the tourist visas are decided on how the reviewer feels that day.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

I think OP is gone lol

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.