mabdulahi

Help Please My Wife's Visa Denied

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Help please.

My wife had her interview appointment scheduled yesterday. She went to the US Embassy early morning she got there 6:30 am and her appointment was schedule to be done at 07:30 am. She got went in at 6:30 am and waiting until 8:15 am to be called at a window. She was asked a series of questions regarding my previous marriage. She was asked about about how and where we meat. Everything was going well and the counselor asked my wife my employer information and she answered them correctly and she was asked about my previous employers and she told him she does not know and counselor responded he should have told you that information if he loves you. The consular clearly intimidate her and asked her how we contact each other and she told them by phone, counselor asked for phone records and she provided to them and told her does he seemed to call other people more than he call you which, the record clearly lists all the contacts to her number is 80%. He told my wife, you husband does not love you and he talks to other girl. HUUUUUUUH. My wife told him that is not true...and finally he told her "If your husband loves you he will reapply for you. I am depressed and sad about the situation and needing you feed back. I contacted my senator and her assistance had me fill out privacy form and said they will forward this to her. Please help! Attached is the letter given to her after the denial.

post-162245-0-73764900-1375929679_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So you can try to call the embassy and ask that the file be reviewed by the head of immigrant visas or get your congressman involved. Many embassies like to play with people. Try to keep the petition there , ask for another interview,

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read your post. How sad. That is really mis-conduct for a person to say, he is a cheat. I think you were treated unfairly. Your post is written in the K-1 section but you are married. None-theLess. Follow what members instruct you to do..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you can try to call the embassy and ask that the file be reviewed by the head of immigrant visas or get your congressman involved. Many embassies like to play with people. Try to keep the petition there , ask for another interview,

This is the best so far and I agree..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear about your wife's interview. Its terrible she was treated that way. You have received good advice to try contacting the embassy and your senator. Were there any red flags in your relationship? Did you submit any other supporting documents to show your marriage ties or bonafide marriage? Like bank accounts? pictures? I don't know all the supporting documentation that can be used but if you are able to get another interview, you should prepare them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum -- OP is married. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thank you all for you inputs i really appreciated you kindness. I have submitted all documents required, wedding video, pictures, affidavits, phone records, they have no question regarding the evidence just the interview went wrong. I sent an email to the counselor requesting to have my case reviewed by senior counselor. This is the reply i received back.

Dear Mohamud:

This is in response to your email dated August 7, 2013 regarding the Immigrant visa of your spouse , case number ADDXXXXXXXXXXX.

According to our records, Ms. FXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX was interviewed at the U.S. Embassy on 6 August 2013. The interviewing consular officer carefully reviewed the evidence presented by Ms. FXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX during the course of the interviews. However, the officer was not convinced, based on the presented evidence, that the petition represents a bona fide relationship as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act. This case has been recommended for revocation. The petition will be returned to the National Visa Center (NVC).

The petitioner can contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (1-800-767-1833 for TYY calls) or the USCIS office in which he filed the petition to inquire about the status of the petition.

If you have further questions or concerns, you may contact our office at ConsAddis@state.gov.

Sincerely,

//HA//

Consular Section

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Edited by mabdulahi

Timeline

I tried calling the embassy spend $50 dollars in phone cards and I am not able t get thru to talk to some one. The receptionist is transferring me to automated system that is keep repeating over and over. I know know what to do. I went to my senator office today and her receptionist had me fill out a freedom of privacy form and said they will forwarded to the senator. I have missed 2 days of work because i am not feeling well and I am feeling helpless.

Timeline

This was my reply to the email received back from Conselor:

Dear Honarble Conselor this email is regards to my wife Mrs FXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX case #ADDXXXXXXXXXXX her interview conducted on August 6, 2013. I want my case reviewed by head of immigrant visas please. I respect the counselor decision but those questions asked her was unfair. My wife would not know my previous employments and residents. She did tell the officer my current employment information and my current address. She is also does not know about my previous marriage live. I love her to death and this is not fair.I will like to request a second interview please from head of immigrant visas.

Thank You
Mohamud Abdi Abdulahi
Edited by Kathryn41
personal email address removed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This was my reply to the email received back from Conselor:

Dear Honarble Conselor this email is regards to my wife Mrs FXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX case #ADDXXXXXXXXXXX her interview conducted on August 6, 2013. I want my case reviewed by head of immigrant visas please. I respect the counselor decision but those questions asked her was unfair. My wife would not know my previous employments and residents. She did tell the officer my current employment information and my current address. She is also does not know about my previous marriage live. I love her to death and this is not fair.I will like to request a second interview please from head of immigrant visas.

Thank You
Mohamud Abdi Abdulahi

she didn;t know you were previously married?

Edited by Kathryn41
personal emai address removed in quot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

very sad :( , what you can do now is sending e-mails to consulate and in meanwhile contact your congressional!!

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't think that a consular could accuse your husband of cheating on you or even tell you this if your husband does. Your husband could SEW him harshly and get you the visa and get him self a big compensation and even screw the consular career.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

(1) How did you obtain your US citizenship?

(2) How much does your wife know about your previous marriage(s)? If she didn't know at all, that's a flashing red flag.

(3) She should also have some general knowledge about your employment history - does not have to be specific but at least the position(s) you held and the companies' names.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.