Adriana&Karel

heartbroken :'(

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am sorry this has happened....does not sound denied to me, but if your having this kind of problem I am afraid I will have the same problem too. I work 40 hours a week, $3000 under to meet requirements and the only co-sponsor I can find right now barely makes the requirements........cray5ol.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, you gots a sheet a paper.

please read it, let us know what it says about 'duration' on returning stuff to the IV Unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

IS your joint sponsor single and no kids and never sponsored anyone else ? Any of these things could increase their household size so they not making enough.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You have to determine why exactly they did not accept the co sponsor in order to fix this.

Can you email or call to get a more specific answer ?

Was anything said or asked at all that you may be able to pinpoint what bothered the CO about the I-134 ?

If the co sponsor is single the income should certainly be sufficient. Did the co sponsor also add assets ?
You said the co sponsor has a fairly new job, did he/she include a letter from the employer stating that the job is a permanent,

long term position ?

Is the co sponsor self employed ?

It should say on the 221g paper on the bottom that you have 1 year to respond, verify this with the CO.

You are too close to give up now. It is a bump in the road not a reason to despair and give up now !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

We went to the embassy filled with hope, got all our paperwork in order and very well organized. Passed the first interview and got denied on the second one. The reason?? I need a new I-134 a bigger earning one, my co-sponsor friend, has no dependents and earns 30,000 a year working with ESPN. Granted, when i first submited the paperwork i was working, but since i had to move i was not going to be able to keep my employment, so i firgured with 6000$ child support and paying no rent plus this co-sponsor, it should be enough...right? Well, i guess i was wrong, and now all my dreams and hopes go down the drain, we have invested so much money and energy in this and now all i have is emptyness sad.png

I have my daughter in Miami, currently staying with her dad until i was ready with this process, she was hoping we would come back together ( my fiance and i) she was even planning a welcome surprise for us, words cannot express how sad i am. I dont even know where to begin from now, my fiance wants me to go back to my daughter and even though he hasnt tell me this exactly i can see on his eyes, he is ready to throw in the towel, he told me he cant no more, this has been very tiring and difficult for us, me away from my daughter and him hoping that we would finally be together, we kind of put all our eggs in one basket and now we have nothing.

They advise us to get a new I134, the problem is i have no one who can do this for me, or at least someone who can make more than my friend, and even if i did, i am not completly sure my fiance would go through this once more.

What can i do???

Did they tell you that (bolded) or is that your guess that more income is needed ? Are you sure the problem is only in the amount that they deem

not sufficient ? Have you searched in your regional forum and embassy reviews and has anyone there experienced that they want a higher amount than the 125% poverty line ? it seems strange to me but I am not familiar with your consulate. It is extremely frustrating that the guidelines say one thing and the CO does another.

Can you contact your senator to intervene and get a more specific reason as to why this seemingly sufficient amount was not accepted ?

The guidelines do state 125% of the poverty line so perhaps the senator can ask why such questionable discretion of the CO to refuse to accept was made. I would try that.

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You might also try getting together the paperwork for your child support payments so they will count that and what about your mom? Would she do this for you? So sorry you guys are having troubles but if your fiance' wants to give up that easy that isn't a good sign for the future either - but maybe it is just disappointment at the delay. Good luck.

Child support is not "income" as it cannot be claimed on your income taxes. From what I am reading, your current income is $0. Your co-sponsor is a second household with an income of $30k, that household requires a minimum of about $19k for itself, leaving roughly $10k available for supporting your household. You are about $14k short.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

I can't edit that...but child support can count towards the children's cost of living if there is a court order for it.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had the same situation and it was easily corrected. I was a student with no income ( from working ) however I did have child support , student income, and my home is paid off free and clear . The embassy said they do not except co-sponsors in K-1 visa cases and they also would not consider my child support or assets. They told me I had to get a job.At first I was marked public charge but I ran out and took the first decent job I could find . My income was UNDER poverty guidelines but the embassy accepted it. After I received my third month of paystubs they emailed me to say that I had met financial requirements and now my case was pending normal Administrative Processing.

All they wanted to see was an effort !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I had the same situation and it was easily corrected. I was a student with no income ( from working ) however I did have child support , student income, and my home is paid off free and clear . The embassy said they do not except co-sponsors in K-1 visa cases and they also would not consider my child support or assets. They told me I had to get a job.At first I was marked public charge but I ran out and took the first decent job I could find . My income was UNDER poverty guidelines but the embassy accepted it. After I received my third month of paystubs they emailed me to say that I had met financial requirements and now my case was pending normal Administrative Processing.

All they wanted to see was an effort !

Thank you all for all the words. I emailed the embassy to get a more specific reason as per why we were denied.

Looking deep into it i can safely say it has probably a lot to do with the fact that i had to leave my job a month before the interview, I tried to keep it as long as i could but i had to move out of my place and it was really far from my moms to there without a reliable transportation. I didnt add any info about my previous job to the i134 because at the moment i am unemployed and did not want to lie by leaving the old i134 that was filled up back when i had my job.

I went from great to bad in a couple of months, and i understand all the reasons for the hold up to our case but cant help but feel frustrated because i had all my ducks on a row and all went downhill too fast. I just hope my case can get easily resolved as yours, i am going to wait for an official response from the embassy and take it from there, i dont mind getting a job, i have always worked and im not afraid to doing so at all...i dont want to be a charge for anybody let alone the United States. I just dont want to be separated from my soon to be husband, but i guess it all looks like i might have to go back to the States without him, once more....get a job and hope for the best.

Thanks!

I will keep you all posted :(

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Embassies are not required to accept co-sponsors. They are not even required to need evidence of support (that requirement falls on the AOS), it is just usually asked for as to anticipate any problems for the AOS.

These two facts alone should indicate to you the subjective nature of any decision making on the part of the I-134 and co-sponsors.

And it wouldn't be a far stretch for them to see that your co-sponsor is only making $30,000 and that he/she will, not only need to support his household with that salary, but support your family of 4 with it as well. That is 5 people. 125% of the poverty guidelines for 5 is $34,463.

It actually doesn't surprise me then that they want more. It's not a denial, just a request for something less shaky.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am lyn from Philippines and im new here hope you help me guy's.

Been applying my passport these few weeks and preparing for my fiancee visa

but i did not yet attend the CFO seminar, i just want to know if is it ok to attend

later the CFO seminar when i get my passport and visa?

thank you so much guy's for helping me i really appreciate it . :)

There's only 3 in your household? And the $30,000 wasn't enough? What did his 2012 income come to? That seems weird.

And you weren't denied you were given a 221g, correct? So you have time to try and find someone else.

I know many Embassies don't just consider current income they look at last year and render a decision.

I have a CR1.... just sent my AOS packet... my last three years of tax transcripts were sent....the last year, I fell $3,000 below poverty guidelines because I was self employed with direct sales as well as a full time job and the write offs put me below. The other 2 years I was above it. However, this year the direct sales do not factor in and my income from my job alone puts me $7,000 above poverty guidelines. I sent an employment letter from my boss stating my job is in good standing and I have been there since 2008 with my current income as well as all of this years pay stubs.

Do you think that I will have a problem because of last year's taxes??? You have me nervous now as I was thinking they would base it more off the current situation.

Dec 13, 2012 ~ heart.gif Married my Best Friend heart.gif

Jan 18, 2013 ~ Mailed I 130

Jan 22, 2013 ~ I 130 Received at USCIS

May 10, 2013 ~ I 130 Approved

July 2, 2013 ~ NVC Received packet from USCIS

July 8, 2013 ~ Got NVC Case #, Invoice # & Beneficiary #

July 10, 2013 ~ Sent DS 3032 by email

July 15, 2013~ Received DS3032/I-864 email

July 15, 2013 ~ Sent I-864 Payment... Re-sent DS 3032 Supervisor Review

July 16, 2013 ~ AOS shows PAID

July 17, 2013 ~ Mailed AOS package

July 22, 2013 ~ AOS received at NVC

July 25, 2013 ~ Accepted DS 3032 email

July 26, 2013 ~ Received IV Bill

July 27, 2013 ~ Paid IV Bill

July 31, 2013 ~ IV Bill Shows Paid, Mailed IV Packet!

Aug 01, 2013 ~ NVC received DS 230 packet

Aug 12, 2013 ~ Called NVC and was told I had a checklist on AOS..uuuggghhhhh

Aug 19, 2013 ~ NVC received corrected AOS

Aug 23, 2013 ~ Received Checklist on DS230..need Birth Certificate in Extensa

Sept 9, 2013 ~ NVC Received correct Birth Certificate, but now being told 30 business day review instead of 20 sad.png

Sept 13, 2013 ~ Did the DS 260 online...another 30 business day review ..Ugghhhhh...was told we didn't need to do this, but now we do mad.gif

Oct 2, 2013 ~ CASE COMPLETE AND INTERVIEW DATE OF NOV. 20th!! WAHOOOOO!

Nov 20, 2013 ~ VISA APROVADA!!

Nov 26, 2013 ~ Picked Up Visa in Santo Domingo at Domex

Nov 27, 2013 ~ POE Atlanta....Then flew to Illinois....Picked my Hubby up at the Airport!!!

event.png

[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

As the applicant I can understand at least a little bit about how your man feels... Give him a day or 2 and in the mean time figure out what you gotta do to get this DONE and dusted.

Show him the steps you need to take. You guys were served a massive blow, but you got it covered. Get back on the horse when you're ready. Remember: amor vincit omnia xo

Edited by AdamAndDana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

As the applicant I can understand at least a little bit about how your man feels... Give him a day or 2 and in the mean time figure out what you gotta do to get this DONE and dusted.

Show him the steps you need to take. You guys were served a massive blow, but you got it covered. Get back on the horse when you're ready. Remember: amor vincit omnia xo

Thank you very much, he is very sad and angry. His biggest issue is not really the fact that we got that blue paper, is the fact that he has to "prove" to anybody but me his love and ability to provide now or later. He hates the idea of not being able to just marry me and be happy, without so many obstacles in between. It's a good thing you gave me your perspective as i dont really know how to handle it, I am really sick right now and was at the time of the interview but i couldnt possibly not go to give him some moral support. But know im between my really bad flu and sadness, short for words or acts of kidness to ease his pain. I however told him, neither this or anything would possibly make me give up on us.

Thank you guys!! Better luck to you, I'll continue working on my case for now and let you know how that goes!

Embassies are not required to accept co-sponsors. They are not even required to need evidence of support (that requirement falls on the AOS), it is just usually asked for as to anticipate any problems for the AOS.

These two facts alone should indicate to you the subjective nature of any decision making on the part of the I-134 and co-sponsors.

And it wouldn't be a far stretch for them to see that your co-sponsor is only making $30,000 and that he/she will, not only need to support his household with that salary, but support your family of 4 with it as well. That is 5 people. 125% of the poverty guidelines for 5 is $34,463.

It actually doesn't surprise me then that they want more. It's not a denial, just a request for something less shaky.

Thanks for the input.

My friend has has 0 dependents and my houselhold would be only me, my daughter and my fiance. As far as i understand she doesnt sponsor me. I dont know where you get i have a family of 4 and that she would have to support 5 people.

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.