83 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You began this in the way you did and when you got off the plane refused to see what was right in front of you. Now you are warning people not to do what you did over and over again? Do you think anyone in your frame of mind would listen. You didn't want to see the reality yourself. I am sorry this happened but you enabled this guy from day one.

At this point you don't know what to do? Simple. Change your entire way of thinking and don't expect people you don't know to provide you with the answers to very personal problems. You of course are responsible for all of this and what you will do next. Don't allow anyone to use and abuse you again.

There are good people out there that will respect you for who you are as you are. Forget this series of mistakes which you already paid for and move on. Karma will take care of this jerk.

Thank you. God bless and fyi, there are still some gullible women like me here and this may serve as a warning to them. It might not be for you since you are so smart and won't fall for such things.

Sorry you are going through this... But at this point it is clear that he want nothing to do with you... I say give it sometime where you both can understand you faults, one more then the other, cause you as a women/his wife did your job, you stood by him, and treated him as one should, but that didn't help. I guess you should let the ball run, until it stops. Eventually he will admit to his bad doing, and have the courage to apologize to what he has caused you. You mention you filed a complain againsit him was that for his Citizenship? Or the green card? Sucks to hear this type of stories after a 10year GC has been issued.

My prayers go out to you.... Keep your head up! heart.gifrose.gif

Thanks, I do appreciate your kind words. God bless you.

Timeline

Debbie, when you were swooning could anyone have steered you right? A lot of people on here come back with remorse like you have, and admit they ignored glaring red flags until it was too late. I find that very sad, but any effort to tell them to "be careful" or "listen to your gut" when those red flags can be seen from across the internet is never met warmly.

I understand what you mean and I was really swooning because he actually became really affectionate when we got home from the airport so I felt I was just too suspicious and I should give him a chance but looking back now, all the signs were there all along but I felt things will improve when we get to know each other very well and he made sure that he did everything he could to convince me so anyone who is calling me dumb should realize that if a man wants something from a woman, he will go all out till he gets it and afterwards he will show his true colors and that is exactly what happened to me. So if your guts is telling you there is something wrong, stop and look before you spend all this time, money and resources only to have nothing to show for it.

Timeline

Sorry this happened to you...and sorry that some people on here throw their two cents in without an ounce of compassion...I hate online gangsters, especially the ones that wont dare to show their picture! I don't blame them though because VJ allows them to bully people that are already feeling down and they reward them with 'platinum status' which they accept proudly as if it's getting them a free room upgrade somewhere. ANYHOW...I went thru something so similar as you, in fact as I was reading it...I had to ask myself if you were somehow married to my ex. lol. I know you are feeling like you wasted so much time and money..I know you are emotionally spent, angry, hurt and confused. I felt all those things when my ex did it to me. I was embarrassed and ashamed! As for you staying and continuing on with the relationship even though you knew something was wrong from the start, don't beat yourself up over that. People do it everyday...for the kids, for finances, etc. My ex came here on a fiancé visa and before he even got here, I felt something was not right but I still went ahead with everything because I felt like if I didn't I'd be letting him and his whole family down. So I convinced myself that everything was fine instead of listening to my gut instinct. You feel like you invest so much to give in, so you just keep going praying for something to turn around. Well, it didn't...in both our cases. But I can tell you, it's not worth dealing with him anymore. Whatever is going to happen with his immigration situation is going to happen with or without you. My ex got to stay cuz he had the nerve to say I put him out and filed that VAWA or whatever it's called. I was so mad at first and all I wanted to do was fight fight fight for my name not to be dragged thru the mud. But at the end of the day, I realized he wasn't worth it. My best advice to you is just let it all go. You moved out of the house and that is a good start. You reported to the right people already that you are no longer with him and that is all you can do. The system does not work in our favor at times and I had to learn to accept that. The best thing I did for myself was to move on and close that chapter in my life. You say you are single with no child...but it's actually better you didn't have a child with him right? You will find someone one day that is worth all the things you do for him....who will appreciate all the things you do for him. Anything that a man sows, he reaps. He'll get his one day! Its been 5 years since my ex formed up his argument and walked out the door. To this day he is single, still trolling dating sites online and working in a factory just to have everyone back home stretching their hand out to be fed. I, on the other hand, am prosperous, happy and married! Every dog has his day, and he will surely have his!

You are really an encourager and I do appreciate you. I know God is a rewarder and in due time he will get what comes to him. I have moved on and right now I am just here to warn others to beware. Thank you so much, you are appreciated.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Debbiela, hope you feel so much better as the days go by. Thank you and I appreciate you for sharing your story here, it takes courage and effort to come out in a public forum to share personal experience. But I'm sure this could also help others. Love can sometimes make lovers blind, especially when you truly have a good loving heart.

Glad that you finally have moved out and now mending your broken heart. In time God will heal your heart completely. Just go on with your life, you deserve to be happy as you are a good person. At least you have done best in your marriage, it's his great lost, not yours. You will reap good karma....and for sure God knows about this. Take care of yourself and hopefully in time you would have the man you truly deserve. You are a good christian woman, so just let him go, never exhaust yourself anymore by doing any revenge, ....just continue trusting the Lord for God's plan for you is the best. God bless.

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear Debbie,

I am so very sorry for what happened to you. My heart broke when I read your story, and I quickly began praying for you. I have never posted on this site, but could not resist letting you know that all of us get fooled (blinded) by love at one time or another. My cousin once told me that there were so many red flags in a man I was married to it looked like a chinese parade. I didn't realize how many signs I missed until it was too late. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? Despite the intense sadness and anger you must feel, please let him go and worry only about your precious life. He is a predator and used you for his own selfish purposes. Sometimes our knights in shining armor are just idiots in tin foil (my dad told me that one :-).

However, a setback can be the setup for a great comeback. My life is a testimony to that very fact, and yours will be too.

05/08/2013 NOA 1

12/05/2013 Transferred to TSC

02/12/2014 Transferred to OKC office incorrectly

03/17/2014 OKC called and said petition is in wrong place

04/08/2014 Transferred back to TSC

04/24/2014 NOA 2

04/29/2014 Shipped to NVC

05/07/2014 NVC Received

05/31/2014 Given case number by NVC

06/09/2014 DS 261 Completed

06/10/2014 Paid AOS Fee

06/12/2014 Mailed AOS Package

06/13/2014 AOS Packaged received by NVC

06/18/2014 AOS Scanned Package

07/11/2014 IV fee available

07/16/2014 Paid IV fee

07/18/2014 Realized police certificate expired and got new one

07/22/2014 Received new police certificate

07/23/2014 Completed DS 260

07/24/2014 Mailed IV package

07/29/2014 Scan date IV package

09/19/2014 Case Complete

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear Debbie,

I am so very sorry for what happened to you. My heart broke when I read your story, and I quickly began praying for you. I have never posted on this site, but could not resist letting you know that all of us get fooled (blinded) by love at one time or another. My cousin once told me that there were so many red flags in a man I was married to it looked like a chinese parade. I didn't realize how many signs I missed until it was too late. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? Despite the intense sadness and anger you must feel, please let him go and worry only about your precious life. He is a predator and used you for his own selfish purposes. Sometimes our knights in shining armor are just idiots in tin foil (my dad told me that one :-).

However, a setback can be the setup for a great comeback. My life is a testimony to that very fact, and yours will be too.

lol..that's classic!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.