43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The warning points are always on your profile for the mods to see, but stuff older than 6 months "counts less" (depending on the reason for warning) .

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The system does have a method for this, but there is a downside. You can read the note/warning when you are warned however the system will automatically prevent you from posting until you acknowledge that you read it via a pop-up/check box.

Thoughts? It is easy for me to enable. ..

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would be nice to vote a post down as well as up. Currently the only way you can sort of do it is to vote up all the opposing posts.

Having to acknowledge every warning could become tedious for some.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The system does have a method for this, but there is a downside. You can read the note/warning when you are warned however the system will automatically prevent you from posting until you acknowledge that you read it via a pop-up/check box.

I'm not sure if we are on the same page or not.

Whatever is going to remain in the Mod archive is what we should be able to see.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

It would be nice to vote a post down as well as up. Currently the only way you can sort of do it is to vote up all the opposing posts.

Having to acknowledge every warning could become tedious for some.

I agree we should be able to vote posts down.

I do think though this should be limited to the "upper forums" and Regional Forusms. If I were to vote something down in the those forums, it would be because the immigration advice is bad.

In the "chatter" forums, I would be just as tempted as the next person to vote something down because it pissed me off. :P

Filed: Timeline

What is the use of issuing a warning if it is not read?

Timeline

I'm not sure if we are on the same page or not.

Whatever is going to remain in the Mod archive is what we should be able to see.

Yes, I am saying you can read all mod action / notes each time a new one is added. The only method right now is for it to be presented to you as an aknowledgement screen you need to click to be allowed to post again. There is not an option to allow you to see your entire history at any time (was a goof that it was enabled after the upgrade -- it also gave some mod functions which we can't leave enabled in mass for people obviously).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Yes, I am saying you can read all mod action / notes each time a new one is added. The only method right now is for it to be presented to you as an aknowledgement screen you need to click to be allowed to post again. There is not an option to allow you to see your entire history at any time (was a goof that it was enabled after the upgrade -- it also gave some mod functions which we can't leave enabled in mass for people obviously).

I don't understand.

We were able to read our history until you took it out.

So it was just one of the "mod functions which we can't leave enabled?"

And that's why you took it away?

I have to say - I'm skeptical. It looks like the original format was to enable people to see Mod commentary. Where is the "goof"?

Timeline

I don't understand.

We were able to read our history until you took it out.

So it was just one of the "mod functions which we can't leave enabled?"

And that's why you took it away?

I have to say - I'm skeptical. It looks like the original format was to enable people to see Mod commentary. Where is the "goof"?

It also enabled viewing a few other items that folks didn't realize yet that they could see. I don't mind have members see their warning note / reasons. What I do mind is that before that is done there is often a running dialog between the mods or even myself where we discuss the warning before issuing it. That conversation is private. We (I think reasonably) need a private area to discuss things before decisions are made.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I personally don't think we should see it, but should be told when one is added. I had no idea that I had gained 2, 3 years ago, and I have to say reading them (which were just PM's I had seen and deleted previously) was very distressing. I could tell by the dates which horrible fornight of my life these related to and being reminded of that time, and still having points from that time, is incredibly hurtful to me.

Seeing such horrible things written has done nothing but turn me off this site and its moderators. My N-400 is still in process otherwise I would have deactivated my account (or at least abandoned it), that's just how hurt I felt by the whole thing.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I personally don't think we should see it, but should be told when one is added. I had no idea that I had gained 2, 3 years ago, and I have to say reading them (which were just PM's I had seen and deleted previously) was very distressing. I could tell by the dates which horrible fornight of my life these related to and being reminded of that time, and still having points from that time, is incredibly hurtful to me.

Seeing such horrible things written has done nothing but turn me off this site and its moderators. My N-400 is still in process otherwise I would have deactivated my account (or at least abandoned it), that's just how hurt I felt by the whole thing.

Vanessa, if something is deleted for you (us) then I think it should be deleted in the Mod archive also.

It also enabled viewing a few other items that folks didn't realize yet that they could see. I don't mind have members see their warning note / reasons. What I do mind is that before that is done there is often a running dialog between the mods or even myself where we discuss the warning before issuing it. That conversation is private. We (I think reasonably) need a private area to discuss things before decisions are made.

Fair enough.

Timeline

I'll see what I can do so that each warning and associated notes are visible to members. This upgrade has a million knobs. Maybe it is in there or potentially something custom I can make.