jrh39

People that still waiting for NVC case number

319 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i got my noa2 9/25/2013 i got an email next day my case shipped to nvc im still waiting it s been 18 days when i call they told me its not in our system yet im wondering how to know they receive it but still not on their system?? thanks and good luck everybody . ???

i got my noa2 9/25/2013 i got an email next day my case shipped to nvc im still waiting it s been 18 days when i call they told me its not in our system yet im wondering how to know they receive it but still not on their system?? thanks and good luck everybody . ???

Even if they already received your petition at NVC, it wont show on their system until they have actually started processing it (assigned you a case number).

Timeline

because i read some of timeline said that nvc received my case but ask to wait for CN so thats why i was confused thanks for u answer d .ClockWatch2.gif

Even if they already received your petition at NVC, it wont show on their system until they have actually started processing it (assigned you a case number).

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did they got to tell you if they have received the USCIS package ThougH?

You must speak with USCIS to ensure that your file is transferred to NVC and then call NVC to make sure they got your file. If not contact your local congressman to raise this issue it should not take this long for NVC to get your file.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For the email i submitted two weeks back this is the response i got from NVC. Didn't know contractors handle NVC related stuff. Arghh!!

Dear Sir/Madam:

Unfortunately, we are not yet in possession of the requested petition. Please allow more time for the petition to arrive and appear in our records.

XXXX

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You must speak with USCIS to ensure that your file is transferred to NVC and then call NVC to make sure they got your file. If not contact your local congressman to raise this issue it should not take this long for NVC to get your file.

Problem being that 1st level Rep won't transfer your call to a L2 Officer until you have waited at least 8 weeks. Its pretty much a black hole.

It took 1 month and 3 weeks before NVC received my husband's case from approval of I130.

USCIS
08/08/2013 filed I-130 for my husband
08/12/2013 Priority Date
08/29/2013 I-130 approved
09/03/2013 received NOA2

NVC
10/11/2013 case received
10/16/2013 submitted DS261 and AOS fee invoiced
10/17/2013 AOS fee paid
10/21/2013 AOS packet sent
10/22/2013 IV fee invoiced and paid
10/24/2013 IV packet sent and AOS packet entered in the system
10/25/2013 submitted DS-260
10/29/2013 IV packet entered in the system
11/19/2013 AOS checklist email notification received
11/20/2013 AOS checklist response sent
11/22/2013 DS260 and IV docs accepted and AOS checklist response entered in the system

12/17/2013 case complete

NVC to US Embassy

01/08/2014 CEAC status "In Transit"

01/10/2014 CEAC status "Ready"

02/26/2014 CEAC status "Refused"

05/14/2015 CEAC status "Issued"

St. Lukes

01/02/2014 medical day 1

01/08,09,10/2014 medical sputum test day 1, 2 and 3

02/04/2014 sputum culture result positive/1st day of DOT

08/18/2014 last day of DOT

03/09/2015 repeat medical

03/27/2015 immunization and releasing

US Embassy

02/10/2014 original interview date (cancelled by SLMCEC)

05/04/2015 new interview date (APPROVED!!!)

5/19/2015 visa on hand

5/25/2015 PDOS
7/04/2015 POE San Francisco, CA
7/27/2015 SS card received

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=165713 Click the link to view complete IV journey of my husband.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

it looks like you almost get case complete do you submit all documents after receive case number from nvc or do you have to wait to get instruction ? im still waiting for my case number but i wanted to be ready for next steps , good luck idea9dv.gifClockWatch2.gif

It took 1 month and 3 weeks before NVC received my husband's case from approval of I130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I received my email for I30 approval on Oct. 18th. I called NVC today and they confirmed that they have received my petition but to allow a month for a case# to be assigned. I'll call again next week. Good luck!

Timeline

a month for a case# this is crazy i think it is better to call three times a week rather than wait for a month just in case so you cant spend more days in just waiting this long period...we waited long enough in the uscis to approve our petitions :)

I was just stating what they told me, I will definitely be calling a few times a week!! ;-)

Timeline

Called NVC again today, (with a resonable wait time I might add), and was informed that our case was logged in yesterday!!!!! I was able to get my case number and provide our email addresses. Should receive our email next week and our applications invoiced. Im so super excited right now! It seems from what Ive read that my husbands' embassy has a quick turn around for interviews, if all goes well im praying that I might be able to see my husband by the first of the year, that will also depend on how quickly we are able to submit our IV packet and for NVC to process it..crossing my fingers and I know thats being very hopeful and is most likely that it will take a little longer...but right now no one can dampen my excitment and hope!!!!! dancin5hr.gif Next week will be our eighth month aniversary and seven months in this process, I havent seen my husband since the week after our wedding....I really need the rest of this process to move quickly, I really need to see my hubby!!!! crying.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Received notification from USCIS 17th October, saying my case has been shipped to NVC. I am the beneficiary, my wife the F2A sponsor. We have heard nothing since then. I called the NVC 7th November, gave them the UCSIS receipt number, I was told that it had been received that day. Don't know where it had been the intervening 3 weeks, probably just waiting to be entered on the system at NVC.

Anyway their rep told me that from that receipt date it takes 10-20 working days before someone has a look at it, then they send out information on what documentation is required. But first they will send the Fee Bill, because they won't do anything before you pay upfront.

I suspect that because USCIS is approving cases faster than they used to, NVC is receiving a much larger workload than they previously had. The NVC rep was polite but fairly abrupt in telling me that I just have to wait for communication from them. I would guess that they are getting a lot of similar calls.

At least we got the I-130 approved much faster than originally expected. At the time of submission it was taking 18 months to 2 years, we got the approval after 6 months. And now it's back to waiting again. It's frustrating, but that's the way it is.....

Timeline

I got the approval from USCIS on Oct. 18th. I think NVC said they had received my case on Oct.28th when I called that day. They told me the typical wait 10-20 days. I took other vj's advice and started calling like every two to three days. Today I called and they said it was entered in yesterday. She asked for both of our email addresses and confirmed my phone number. She gave me my case number and said I should get an email confirmation next week. Does anyone know if they are closed monday for Veteran's Day?

I also expected our case to take longer at USCIS and was thrilled at 7 months approval. When I had visited my local USCIS support center they said the I130's are typically taking around 6 months, but other than JBW above I haven't heard of but a few other that have got this far so quickly lately! But I'm super excited!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.