hichamel

I only sent the actual I-129f form

46 posts in this topic

Against my better judgment, and having been pushed by my mother and my fiance's aunt(who is a lawyer but not an immigration lawyer), I only sent in the actual I-129f form, nothing else. Does this mean it will automatically be turned down after 5 months or will I be sent an RFE? I've received the NOA1 in December.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you only sent the form they will deny it. They wont issue an rfe for everything you should have included. Best advice is to withdraw and refile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you only sent the form they will deny it. They wont issue an rfe for everything you should have included. Best advice is to withdraw and refile.

good.gif

You need to refile. You are going through one of the toughest consulates, to say the least. a high fraud country where a good majority of visas are denied. You need to do a lot of research about the Casablanca consulate, and what you are getting yourself into. Search this site for others who have gone through, or are going through Casa. You need to send a lot more than the basics that are required for most, you need to front load your petition with evidence of an ongoing, bona-fide relationship. My advice is to look at the guides at the top of this page, read them, re-read them, study them, and study them again. Make sure you understand them. And before you refile reach out to other members of this forum who are going through, or have been through Casablanca. Good luck!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Did you file any of the forms that the I-129F call out in the instructions? G-325A, proof of citizenship, letter of intent to marry, etc.? If you just sent the one form you should withdraw and refile. Then read the guides here.

Good luck.

Edited by Operator

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did you file any of the forms that the I-129F call out in the instructions? G-325A, proof is citizenship, etc.? If you just sent the one form you should withdraw and refile. Then read the guides here.

Good luck.

she said only the i-129

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Against my better judgment, and having been pushed by my mother and my fiance's aunt(who is a lawyer but not an immigration lawyer), I only sent in the actual I-129f form, nothing else. Does this mean it will automatically be turned down after 5 months or will I be sent an RFE? I've received the NOA1 in December.

You need to refile.

For heavens sake, your fiancee's aunt must be the worst lawyer in America. Did she even bother to use Google to do her legal research? Did she even bother to read the instructions for Form I-129f?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You should try to fill the petition again in the meantime while waiting for the denial letter from the USCIS. You should spend your time gathering all the required documents and forms. The best advice is not to rush things.

Timeline

If the packet is incomplete, one of two things will happen, either they will return the whole packet to you, or they will send an RFE. Wait to see what happens. Don't refile yet.

An NOA1 was already received so the packet was accepted. Meaning now the only possible outcome is a denial. Withdraw and refile.

They will send an RFE if a few things are missing. If the entire petition is missing they will just deny it.

Edited by aws&ndd

Filed: Timeline

An NOA1 was already received so the packet was accepted. Meaning now the only possible outcome is a denial. Withdraw and refile.

They will send an RFE if a few things are missing. If the entire petition is missing they will just deny it.

If they accepted the packet, that means they have enough information to proceed. Otherwise, the packet would have been returned.

As fast as the I-129F's are piling up at the service centers, I would wait for the RFE. Withdrawing the petition will take time to process, and could set the OP behind 6 mos or more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

she said only the i-129

That is clearly not true though- she would have had to send at least the fee too to get NOA1.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If they accepted the packet, that means they have enough information to proceed. Otherwise, the packet would have been returned.

As fast as the I-129F's are piling up at the service centers, I would wait for the RFE. Withdrawing the petition will take time to process, and could set the OP behind 6 mos or more.

Actually the reverse is true. Waiting for an RFE that wont come will delay the OP the time waiting for the denial plus time needed to wait for the new petition. A withdrawal will actually save time because you wont have to wait weeks for the denial. Withdraw, wait whatever time is required before refiling, and then refile.

In other words, waiting could take up to 10 months (4 months waiting for denial plus 6 months for new petition)

Withdrawing could take 6 to 7 months (time for withdrawing and waiting to refile plus 6 months for new petition)

Withdrawing is still the better choice in terms of saving time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Wait for the RFE. Your petition has been accepted, but they would need the other forms too.

Your check was cleared I think, so, your case is in their evidence.

You can also check your case status on this webpage.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

09/19/2007- met online

01/05/2008-met in person in Romania

01/25/2009-met again in person in Romania, amazing 17 days together

01/26/2009-engaged

08/29/2009-I-129F sent

09/07/2009-RFE (missing the copy from the birth certification, and the divorce decree in romanian language) :((

09/29/2009-I-129F sent again, completed the missing things from the package

10/02/2009-NOA1 notice date, cheque cashed

10/18/2009-met again in Romania, beautiful 2 weeks together

01/06/2010-NOA2 notice date :)

I-129f was approved in 97 days from the NOA1 date

01/23/2010-packet 3 received

02/19/2010-medical examination OK

03/15/2010-interview, I got the visa in the passport !!!!!!

03/28/2010-US entry

05/11/2010-married

as1cHmv03DD0610MDA1MTMxbHN8MDAwOTU3M3N8bWFycmllZA.gif

11/04/2010-I got the I-693 from the doctor, view my comment in my Timeline AOS section, it's intresting!

11/08/2010-AOS, EAD, AP package sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.