Texy

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I think at this point you need to calm down to think straight. There is a vibe of sloppy rushed responding on your part and it will not do.

The first letter is a one run -on sentence train wreck and was written by you.

The second letter, though better, is still not good enough.

Have your wife try again. The last 2 sentences are definitely not ok.

No one can give you a template of a letter or write it for you.

Your unique circumstances were addressed by other posters so have your wife pull them into the letter.

The senator or congressman can not "make it happen" but they can inquire.

If or when your case is returned have your senator get the diplomatic pouch number so you won't lose track of your case and when it is received by USCIS.

Often Lagos sits on it for a couple of months before returning it but not always.

You may be reaffirmed within a couple months or it may take much longer and you may or may not get a NOID/NOIR letter to which your wife must respond within 30 days. Do not throw that response together but be extremely careful with what and how you respond. I suggest a phone consultation with a Mark Ellis ( VJ member and attorney, search his NOID/NOIR posts here ) to prepare you for your one shot chance with the NOID/NOIR if you receive one.

Not too long ago I read a post by someone who was told by the CO that the letter he brought to his interview was not written by his wife but by him and he was denied ! It may have been India or Pakistan. It came to mind reading your comments here with the letters.

Though the rush is on with action before your case leaves Lagos, if you sacrifice quality and substance for hurry and haste you will blow your slim chance

of another interview. I have not seen any recent second chance interviews in Lagos (immediately following the first interview) with senatorial inquiry after a refusal. Can't remember any right now to point you to.

Prepare for a NOID/NOIR soon and prepare well, addressing what was advised here by others with documentation and solid proof about your lack of face time and addressing your red flags and how you will overcome them. This is not the time to throw it together but to get it together.

Best wishes ~

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

I strongly agree with the above. Especially this part:

"The first letter is a one run -on sentence train wreck and was written by you.

The second letter, though better, is still not good enough.

Have your wife try again. The last 2 sentences are definitely not ok.

No one can give you a template of a letter or write it for you."

It appears your denial was based on the fact that they believe your marriage was for immigration purposes. It appears they came to that conclusion because of the fact that you and your spouse have spent no face time together since the marriage occurred 2 years ago. So in appealing and trying to procure a new interview you need to address that. Its not going to be sufficient to just list the reasons why in the letter. You need to attach supporting documentation. If its medical, have proof, if its financial have proof, if its visa denials, have proof, if its because she was unable to get off work, have proof. As advised above,, you are in a situation where there is a time crunch, but the quality of the letter matters. The substance matters.

You were already suspected once of submitting or presenting a letter that seemed fraudulent. (the one from your spouses employer that they said didnt look like it came from her employer). So you are on shaky ground.

I sincerely hope for your sake the letter you presented from her employer was legitimate, because they can still go back and call to verify it- (even now that the case was denied) and anything new that you submit, they can and probably will call and verify its authenticity. What you say has to be logical, believable and documented.

I can understand wanting the case to stay there and how it is tempting to go overboard and exaggerate things and fluff up a letter with every scenario possible but doing so is going to hurt you. If you dont have proof of it, then its not true. If its not how or why it happened (that the visits didnt occur) then its a bad idea to try to go back and create evidence to make it seem like thats why they didnt occur. USCIS is very aware that sometimes people create documents for that purpose. Theyre going to see through it. Its even worse if they believe the document you present for that purpose is a fraudulent one. (like they did in your case).

So you first need to figure out why you were denied and suspected for 'immigration purposes only. IMO it was because of the lack of face time. You could have other red flags. The age difference, income levels, etc, but I dont think so because the interview never got to that point. It got as far as how much did you ever see each other and that was it. They didnt get into whether or not the relationship was genuine. They didnt check the affidavits, they didnt check shared assets, life ins, etc.

So I would suggest you and your wife make a list of the reasons why you have not gotten together since and then list the documentation available to go along with each reason if any is available. If theres no supporting documentation, then it shouldnt really go in the letter. Format the rest into a professional sounding letter with dates. - my father was sick, he suffered from xyz. I was his sole caretaker. He was hospitalized from x date to y date. proof attached. I could not leave his side in that condition. He passed away on x date. Death certificate attached. I work a full time job. Letter from job attached. I could not afford to travel there- its too costly. Financial worksheet showing Im too poor/have too many bills due to whatever debts/obligations attached. Spouse tried to get a visa and was denied- proof attached.

Whatever it was, again, logical, reasonable and documented. It must come her with out any doubt and the documentation must not be questionable in its authenticity either.

(If youre in a situation where your spouse is a USC but is what someone would call not "American" meaning like you said shes Portuguese and she understand Portuguese more than English and a legitimate letter from her is going to be in somewhat broken English, then you may be in a situation where you may have to hire a lawyer to construct a letter on her behalf. Because the embassy is going to think a broken English letter came from you and not her. Perhaps a workaround solution would be to have whatever she writes be notarized and overnighted to the embassy (?) She could then add something to the bottom saying 'Im sorry this letter is not better written, English is not my first language, I am a USC through birth or naturalization or whatever, but my family is from Portugal."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When was the last time you spoke to your wife?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He seems to be in constant contact, at least that is what he is trying to portray with his posts here.

The thought had occurred to me.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Not to be mean but if I were the Officer I was going to deny your visa too. I have financial problems too and my wife is unemployed at the moment. But I have visited her 5 times. Including my father the 4th time. Stayed there for a 1 and half month each visit. We call each other every day. Have some pictures and she was planning to come to Italy this year but I have the interview at the end of the month. So she will spend next Christmas in Italy with my family since I've spent the last one with her family.

What if you were the Officer? You find a guy who comes to you, got married on first visit in the US, never visited his wife in more than a year, actually 2 years now...

Edited by NickUSMC

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not to be mean but if I were the Officer I was going to deny your visa too. I have financial problems too and my wife is unemployed at the moment. But I have visited her 5 times. Including my father the 4th time. Stayed there for a 1 and half month each visit. We call each other every day. Have some pictures and she was planning to come to Italy this year but I have the interview at the end of the month. So she will spend next Christmas in Italy with my family since I've spent the last one with her family.

What if you were the Officer? You find a guy who comes to you, got married on first visit in the US, never visited his wife in more than a year, actually 2 years now...

With all due respect you can't compare someone who can freely visit the US before and during the process with someone from Nigeria. We USC's married to nigerians its all on us to go there. And there are few very few countries they can go to without Visa so a 3rd country meet up is almost impoSsible.

It happens life happens.

I stayed with my husband 6 1/2 months my first and only visit. Its been now 17 months 16 days since I last saw him. But I am preparing to go now and will be there a few months before he moves.

Everybody doesn't have that luxury or leeway.

So don't judge or compare because when it comes to Nigeria there is no comparison.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

With all due respect you can't compare someone who can freely visit the US before and during the process with someone from Nigeria. We USC's married to nigerians its all on us to go there. And there are few very few countries they can go to without Visa so a 3rd country meet up is almost impoSsible.

It happens life happens.

I stayed with my husband 6 1/2 months my first and only visit. Its been now 17 months 16 days since I last saw him. But I am preparing to go now and will be there a few months before he moves.

So don't judge or compare because when it comes to Nigeria there is no comparison.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It happens life happens.

I understand it. But like posted before she really had no time to go visit her husband in Nigeria? Even for a couple of days?. I am not judging anybody here, I am just saying what the officer might have been thinking. Don't get me wrong. I really do hope they he will get his visa. Just like everybody here.

Edited by NickUSMC

"...Come...follow me."

Timeline

I understand it. But like posted before she really had no time to go visit her husband in Nigeria? Even for a couple of days?. I am not judging anybody here, I am just saying what the officer might have been thinking. Don't get me wrong. I really do hope they he will get his visa. Just like everybody here.

I hear ya. No problem.

On the surface sure it looks like we can just go and go. But for so many not so easy.I know like Darnell says he flies to China every 3 months been doing it last 5 years. Well everybody isn't able financially or time wise.

Hopefully the OP and spouse will have ample explanations to have and documentaion to back it.

All the best Texy

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Everything in the above posts is correct and its why the OP was denied. (you guys are actually agreeing more then youre disagreeing)

For people in that country the burden of travel is on the USC. The CO knows this. The problem is the stuff hes submitting from his wife looks fake because his wife- while shes a USC is not fluent in English. Her employment letter and letter about not being able to get time off work was probably written in the same broken English run on sentence style he posted here before. She most likely wrote it herself and asked her supervisor to sign it and sent it to him to show the CO. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, they honestly thought it would pass because it was a legitimate letter. She wrote it, she got a legitimate signature from her supervisor.

Its the same thing as a teenage turning in a scribbled illegible note trying to excuse themselves from school that parent legitimately signed and wondering why the principle is questioning the authenticity of it.

If thats their issue, they can either use a lawyer to overcome it, help from their congressperson, or a notarized statement explaining it. They still need to attempt to get another interview or refile. But the issue needs to be addressed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He said she was born and brought up in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Everything in the above posts is correct and its why the OP was denied. (you guys are actually agreeing more then youre disagreeing)

For people in that country the burden of travel is on the USC. The CO knows this. The problem is the stuff hes submitting from his wife looks fake because his wife- while shes a USC is not fluent in English. Her employment letter and letter about not being able to get time off work was probably written in the same broken English run on sentence style he posted here before. She most likely wrote it herself and asked her supervisor to sign it and sent it to him to show the CO. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, they honestly thought it would pass because it was a legitimate letter. She wrote it, she got a legitimate signature from her supervisor.

Its the same thing as a teenage turning in a scribbled illegible note trying to excuse themselves from school that parent legitimately signed and wondering why the principle is questioning the authenticity of it.

If thats their issue, they can either use a lawyer to overcome it, help from their congressperson, or a notarized statement explaining it. They still need to attempt to get another interview or refile. But the issue needs to be addressed.

There is no need to refile anything at this point, it will most likely be a reaffirmation once it is returned to the USCIS.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

He said she was born and brought up in the US.

So what? that doesnt mean she wasnt born to immigrant parents and English isnt her first language. It doesnt mean she graduated high school. It simply means shes a USC and she has resided here a great portion of her life. There are plenty of areas in the US that are multi-lingual. They are heavily populated with immigrants and local shops are operated in both languages. Havent you ever been to a place like China town? Or little Italy? A immigrant fluent in the language can live in that area and never need to speak a word of English and get by just fine. The US gov offers pamphlets and phone options for both English and Spanish. Saying or implying she lives here and therefore must be educated and or fluent is judgmental and ignorant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.