Texy

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Kindly please help i has my interview this morning and my interview was denied despite all proof i had along with me,she only check call records,chat logs,emails,text messages but she didn't check life insurance,affidavits and other documents with me and she gave me.

============================================================================================================================

You Visa has been refused under section 221(g)

We are returning your visa petition to the Department of Homeland Security office where it was approved with our recommendation that the petition be reviewed for possible revocation.Any further inquiries should be directed to that office.The reasons are follows

Appear relationship was entered into for immigration purposely only

============================================================================================================================

Please what can we do...my wife is in Vandalia,Missouri can she contact congressman maybe we can get another interview before the petition leaves lagos? and what congressman would she contact? we dont know any? if the petition is returned will she need to apeal and how long is it going to take? and what is the probability the petition will be re-affirmed? please help me with immediate help on this

Texy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sorry for the denial

Please tell us what questions were asked?

What was the tone of the interview?

What questions did you not know the answers to?

Was your wife with you?

How much time in person have you spent together?

Did you marry on the first visit?

Have you been petitioned before?

How many trips has she taken to see you?

The more details you give then the better advice you will get

It sounds like you already know what to do. Have your wife contact her congressman and ask for an update and ask for the file to stay at the embassy if she can come to another interview. Have her call and write the mebassy asking for the reasons for denial and offering an immediate phone interview or a in person interview if she can come to your country.

I hope you can get the file to stay at the embassy for another interview. Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She can contact all her elected officials, congress and Senate.

Are there any red flahgs in your case such as age or religious diferences, other petitions having been filed for you, recent divorce of her? How many times and for how long has she visited you?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

She asked when last did she come to Nigeria and i answered 2011 when we got married and stayed together for one month and i told her she was unable to come after that due to working for the government and gave her letter from her work for not getting chance to come and she said the letter doesnt look like letter from her work in the states

I answered all question she asked and got it corrected

Yes we married at first visit and she only came one time

There is 15 age different between us,she is older and i don't think it matters as we love each other

She has never petitioned before and i have not been petition for before either

How can she get a congressman or senate to contact the embassy...i don't think she know any..please how can be contact congressman or senate in Missouri? to have the petition to stay for second interview?

How can she get a congressman or senate to contact the embassy...i don't think she know any..please how can be contact congressman or senate in Missouri? to have the petition to stay for second interview?

Timeline

Well, that helps us understand it alot better.

She need sto make a visit now.

It is 2013. She came in 2011?

That is a long time. If any CO seen that then they would be very skeptical of the validity of the relationship.

I hope you get another chance

But I know she must come to you now

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

2011 is the last time and only time she came

Timeline

She needs to Google congressman in her city and state

Only she can figure that out unless we have her exact address.

Then she needs to go on his website

print off the form

fill it out

fax it back to them. Make sure it is professional, no emotions. Just state the facts. give your names and case number. Tell them you would appreciate a professional inquiry and for them to ask the embassy for a 2nd interview and to keep the file at the embassy.

But really---if she cannot come to you---it is probably a waste of time.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

She needs to do the work on contacting the elected officials. She doesn't need to know them personally (few people in the USA do), she just needs to find their contact phone number, and call them NOW. She should also contact the embassy and ask if they would allow a second interview if she flew over NOW (they are unlikely to say yes but you never know). It would also be a good idea for her to come on here, as there seem to be some language issues with you, and she can chat to some of the other ladies with Nigerian husbands on here that have been successful.

I gotta tell you, you didn't prepare very well- Nigeria is one of the most difficult places to get a visa from, you only had one visit, married on the first visit, the visit was short, and it was 2 years ago. PLus you have a large age difference- it may not matter to you but it is unusual and an indicator of fraud (not saying in your case, but for the CO). This was always going to be an uphill battle, and now you got the denial, even more so.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Yes that sounds about right to me too. Since youd been married for over two years, youre basically doing AOS and ROC at the same time. IF they approve your CR1 youd be getting the 10yr GC not the 2yr card with conditions. Youre saying the only time you were physically together with your wife was the time you were first married and you were only together for one month 2 years ago.

The evidence you submitted as to why you were unable to get together again since (a letter from her work saying she could not get time off or travel) looked fraudulent. You also did not submit anything (Im assuming because you did not mention it) like denials where you attempted to get visas to visit her and were denied. Or proof of a financial hardship where travel on either of your ends would have been impossible, or proof that either of you had to remain in your respective countries to care for a sick family member or minor child or some other type of circumstance that would have prevented the travel. The only proof you had for not seeing each other was a letter from her job, that the CO deemed potentially fraudulent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For Nigeria the only way to combat age difference and many othet red flags is face time.

Almost 2 years is way too long. And even though you submitted a letter from her work every american gets vacation time. So that's hard to believe since 2011 she got no time off.

And not good they thinking the letter is fraudulent. She needs to now get a notarized copy from manager HOUR someone high up in company. Attach their work I'd to the affidavit.

Now about being reaffirmed you have a uphill battle because if u r affirmed or NOID you will need to show proof. A visit is ur only way to prove bonafides.

if possible tell her to get over immediately get that new letter from employer. You have a brief window of time you must act now.

Also how long did you know each other before you got married? And how long after that did you send in petition?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thanks Dwheel she work with State of Missouri Department of Corrections so what letter did she need to get? what is it going to states? we have known each other for 2 years before we got married,we met March 2007......I dont want our petition to be sent back and re-affirmed it will take a long time.....If we start contacting congressman they might have sent back the petition before congressman get back to them..what can she do to keep the file at the embassy and get here immediately and request for second interview?

Timeline

We already told you: She needs to contact the embassy and elected officials NOW.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

My wife is about to write the embassy and call them....here is the copy of the email..kindly let us know if this email is okay...please share your knowledge

Dear Sir/Ma,

I am Mrs ============ i am sad to informed that my husband interview was denied and about to be revoked back to the USCIS despite the fact he answered every questions been asked,we do love each other and our marriage is real and bonafied every member of our family in the states and Nigeria sworn affidavits and receipts on both our names for items purchased in Nigeria and the States we have bonafied evidence of marriage..Emails from home and work,Chat Logs,Facebook,Text Messages,Call records,Life insurance together,Joint bank account here in the states and in Nigeria bunches of pictures before and after marriage with friends and families e.t.c but mostly all this evidence was not checked by consular that interviewed my husband and it was very sad,i couldn't make it to Nigeria since our marriage because we are in financial difficulties because my father was sick and had to take care of him but unfortunately he died January 10th 2013 and my husband job is not presently doing well in Nigeria,i wanted to come December to be with my husband and family and also to witness his interview but i couldn't released at work due to heavy load at the prison at the beginning of the year but i have contacted my Superior at work and forcefully request for a permission to be off work and come over to Nigeria to meet my husband and give us a second interview and we could both answer necessarily question to show our love and bonafied marriage...kindly keep our petition file at the embassy and give us another interview date and i will be arriving to Nigeria early before the second interview with my husband

I would be glad for our request to be considered

Kindly get back as soon as possible

Mrs =========

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My wife is about to write the embassy and call them....here is the copy of the email..kindly let us know if this email is okay...please share your knowledge

Dear Sir/Ma,

I am Mrs ============ i am sad to informed that my husband interview was denied and about to be revoked back to the USCIS despite the fact he answered every questions been asked,we do love each other and our marriage is real and bonafied every member of our family in the states and Nigeria sworn affidavits and receipts on both our names for items purchased in Nigeria and the States we have bonafied evidence of marriage..Emails from home and work,Chat Logs,Facebook,Text Messages,Call records,Life insurance together,Joint bank account here in the states and in Nigeria bunches of pictures before and after marriage with friends and families e.t.c but mostly all this evidence was not checked by consular that interviewed my husband and it was very sad,i couldn't make it to Nigeria since our marriage because we are in financial difficulties because my father was sick and had to take care of him but unfortunately he died January 10th 2013 and my husband job is not presently doing well in Nigeria,i wanted to come December to be with my husband and family and also to witness his interview but i couldn't released at work due to heavy load at the prison at the beginning of the year but i have contacted my Superior at work and forcefully request for a permission to be off work and come over to Nigeria to meet my husband and give us a second interview and we could both answer necessarily question to show our love and bonafied marriage...kindly keep our petition file at the embassy and give us another interview date and i will be arriving to Nigeria early before the second interview with my husband

I would be glad for our request to be considered

Kindly get back as soon as possible

Mrs =========

Your wife is writing that email or you?

If it is in fact your wife, she needs to clean up the grammar and punctuation and really think about what she is writing. Perhaps the posters have some better suggestions...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.