Texy

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1360036082[/url]' post='5960489']

We got met in 2009 and we met in 2011 JAN not 2007...to those of you mistaken

HERE IS THE LETTER FROM MY WIFE

=========================================================================================================================

To whom it may concern,

I am Mrs ================ and I have petitioned for my spouse Mr ================== to immigrate to the United States from Nigeria. My husband had his interview at the US consulate in Lagos Nigeria on February 4th 2013. He has informed me that they did not issue him the visa we were anticipating and they are intending to return our petition to USCIS for possible revocation. My husband stated that he correctly answered every questions been asked. The consular officer did not inspect the abundant evidence we provided of our relationship and seemed to concentrate on finding fault in our evidence of commination.

I have only been to Nigeria once, (01/01/2011 to 02/01/2011 ), when I married my spouse and stayed with him and his family for a month. I had intended to return during the latter part of 2012 but work constraints and my recently deceased fathers failing health caused financial and physical restrictions on my ability to travel. I am hoping you can assist me in getting a second interview in Lagos allowing for me to be in attendance before the petition is returned so that I can avoid the long period of waiting for reaffirmation of the petition. I do not want to be separated from my husband after having endured over a year apart already and he cannot stand not been with me soon as we have been apart so long due to circumstances stated

I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me with this issue.

============================================================================================================================

Here is the later about to present to the Embassy in Nigeria by my wife

Kindly share your knowledge please

Texy

My previous comment was about the first letter. At least this sounds better than the first but I'm not too convinced but hey there is nothing God can't do

God is love!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi ErinO do you the letter i just posted..it was from my wife if you think it is not okay anyone can send me format as a message how the letter should be thanks.......we have also contacted congress man and senate

Texy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Commination? Do you really mean that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:thumbs:

I believe it to be more of how the interview went more than what was submitted. I say this because I visited my husband in 2008, we married then. I did not file our petition until 2010, and his interview was in 2011...Approved. There is a 16 year age difference (I am older), and I only visited him once when we married. The CO asked why I had not visited, and he answered truthfully "because I had other responsibilities and could not afford a second visit." Now call it the Grace of God, luck or whatever, but I have seen couples disapproved whom have visited several times or married on later visits. This is Lagos so who knows what will really trigger an approval or disapproval.

Of course I wasn't present at the interview so it is really hard to say what caused the denial. The CO wouldn't look at any of their documentation presented at the interview, but who is to say he hadn't already seen it? As others have said address your red flags or you will possibly go into a second interview with the same results. Brush up on your interview skills, such as answering questions confidently, and looking at the interviewer in the eyes (but don't stare him/her down).

God Bless!

I quite agree with u, even though u submit the best documentation ever, the last approval disapproval lies on the day of interview...u just av to confident at all interviews be it visa or any other form...and the response matters alot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

=========================================================================================================================

To whom it may concern,

I am Mrs ================ and I have petitioned for my spouse Mr ================== to immigrate to the United States from Nigeria. My husband had his interview at the US consulate in Lagos Nigeria on February 4th 2013. He has informed me that they did not issue him the visa we were anticipating and they are intending to return our petition to USCIS for possible revocation. My husband stated that he correctly answered every questions been asked. The consular officer did not inspect the abundant evidence we provided of our relationship and seemed to concentrate on finding fault in our evidence of commination.

I have only been to Nigeria once, (01/01/2011 to 02/01/2011 ), when I married my spouse and stayed with him and his family for a month. I had intended to return during the latter part of 2012 but work constraints and my recently deceased fathers failing health caused financial and physical restrictions on my ability to travel. I am hoping you can assist me in getting a second interview in Lagos allowing for me to be in attendance before the petition is returned so that I can avoid the long period of waiting for reaffirmation of the petition. I do not want to be separated from my husband after having endured over a year apart already and he cannot stand not been with me soon as we have been apart so long due to circumstances stated

============================================================================================================================

Texy

This letter is a lot better than the first one, although I still see some editing needed. Good luck to you guys!

event.pngevent.png

Filed: Timeline

Commination? Do you really mean that?

com·mi·na·tion

/ˌkäməˈnāSHən/

Noun

The action of threatening divine vengeance.

The recital of divine threats against sinners in the Anglican Liturgy for Ash Wednesday.

Timeline

com·mi·na·tion

/ˌkäməˈnāSHən/

Noun

The action of threatening divine vengeance.

The recital of divine threats against sinners in the Anglican Liturgy for Ash Wednesday.

Just seemed a bit.... extreme?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A letter to your respresentive is to briefly explain your case and engage them. Once contacted they will be able to interview your wife for more detailed information about what happened. It actually might be more helpfull if your wife was on VJ at this point because most of what needs to happen is on her now not you. There is only a small chance Lagos will allow a second interview while the petition is still there. At times I think it is part of their money making machine to get the petition back to the US to generate more money in new medicals and all. What you will hopefully get out this is a good handle on exactly they reported as their reasoning for returning the petition. That will prepare you for when you face them again.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

A letter to your respresentive is to briefly explain your case and engage them. Once contacted they will be able to interview your wife for more detailed information about what happened. It actually might be more helpfull if your wife was on VJ at this point because most of what needs to happen is on her now not you. There is only a small chance Lagos will allow a second interview while the petition is still there. At times I think it is part of their money making machine to get the petition back to the US to generate more money in new medicals and all. What you will hopefully get out this is a good handle on exactly they reported as their reasoning for returning the petition. That will prepare you for when you face them again.

To be fair I think with this story any Consulate would have issues. The reasons are self evident and have been commented upon.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dude bear in mind Senators and Congressmen CANNOT let USCIS change their decisions they only get the progress info for you

in the meantime why not have wifey deal with the matter , whats the rush, listen to your homies and dont mess yourself up, go

look into addressing evidences thats not fabricated, hone your interview skills, whats your answer if they ask you if you

want kids, think bro,.... safe journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What's wrong with the telephone? YOur wife should call the US embassy in Nigeria.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

To whom it may concern,

Texy

That would make it over two years apart.I too found the usage of 'commination' a bit strange.

F2A

-----

10/29/2010: I-130 Sent

11/01/2010: NOA1

03/29/2011: NOA2

04/14/2011: NVC Case received

04/19/2011: AOS fee paid

05/07/2011: IV Fee paid

05/13/2011: AOS received

06/21/2011: Case completed at NVC

IR/1

-----

12/19/2012: Became US citizen and request sent to upgrade from F2A to IR/1

01/13/2013: Case completed (again!!)

04/02/2013: Interview (Approved)

Timeline

To whom it may concern,

Texy

Okay I am just going to make this plain and simple as I can. This letter although better than the first is awful at best.

I am sure you meant "evidence of communication". But than I am not ya'll.

And really you are telling the embassy you can't wait for the long reaffirm process?? OMG

Boiler said it best what you have in this letter totally contradicts what was in letter you stated you gave the CO from your wife.

In all things you do here you have to be consistent.

If stating a fathers death also include the death certificate. You have to realize your credibility has been questioned.

Also you state about all this evidence you had at interview was this not evidence not already in your casefile?

Be prepared to have this sent back to USCIS. A quick visit from wife just shows them you are trying to appease them. You have shown no effort or explanation why you haven't been together more than once. A good 8 to 12 months is what you can expect. 2 years no vaca for wife she is due for a good long visit.

Don't be so concerned on the co-mingling its not important you don't live together.

Face time face time face time is what matters plain and simple.

Write a better letter don't demand anything. She need to explain better the long break. And as I stated before get a notarized letter from boss stating why she couldn't go. A notarized letter from doctor stating how sick dad was and her absence however brief could not be taken.

Get your emotions out of it and think like a CO. This has now got serious very serious for you.

God bless you. Good luck

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

What's wrong with the telephone? YOur wife should call the US embassy in Nigeria.

Lagos don't do phones. Email is how they communicate with us. But they usually are pretty quick about answering.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Lagos is known to be a difficult location to pass through. Unfortunately Nigeria has made a bad name for themselves in the fraud area and it affects all of us going through there. It is also not the easiest place to travel to. Flights are costly, the area tends towards the unsafe side. Because the Nigerian partner is unlikely to get visas to visit here it becomes the burden of the petitioner to travel and meet the unwritten face time requirements that create a positive interview. Spending more than a year apart as a married couple looks bad and when it gets to the two year mark you are outside a normal relationship. Many of us that have gone there understand balancing a job and family here in the US to visit. Overloading the petition can make it seem manufactured and further hurt the case. It would really be better if the wife was on VJ as she is the one that needs to take control of the case at the moment. Having the intending immigrant pushing so hard is actually another fraud sign. Once she contacts her respresentive and gets an answer to the petition staying or being sent back , she needs to deal with the list of red flags. The ones that are apparent are AGE with the petitioner being significantly older. RACE I will assume the petitioner is not black because of references in prior posts. LACK OF TIME TOGETHER

What other red flags are there ? Have either of you been previously married ? Do either of you have children ? Are you of the same religion ? Are your educational levels similar ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.