Texy

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!

73 posts in this topic

Again, she should contact her state reps. It's as easy as opening google, although if she works for DOC, she should probably already know who they are.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

She is confused now and she is worried on what she can do.....she wrote it and sent it to me,her father was Portuguese and she understand Portuguese more than english but she was born and raise in the states and so that is how her English is.........kindly let us know if the email is okay or any correction you can give or idea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A single visit where you marry immediately is not a good thing in Nigeria. Is your wife past child bearing age ? It also seems like you over prefected the package which is a sign of fraud. Opening bank accounts in both countries and making purchases in both places to "prove" your relationship while claiming being fiancial difficulties looks to a CO like you were manufacturing evidence but not caring about being together. Going overboard on this stuff can send your case into fraud review. People that are not bonefide will do this kind of thing to try to overcome the lack of a real relationship with a mountain of evidence. Your task now will be to convince the consulate that this is not what you were really doing. In a letter to her representive I would avoid listing everything like you are working to some misguided checklist. For your part write down everything that happened at the interview. Just because they didn't look at the stuff in front of you doesn't mean they didn't look at it ahead of time. Did you have additional tihngs that covered the time between the last evidence she submitted and the interview ? I am not sure if more would help if they think you are manufacturing evidence of a relationship for immigration purposes.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

She is confused now and she is worried on what she can do.....she wrote it and sent it to me,her father was Portuguese and she understand Portuguese more than english but she was born and raise in the states and so that is how her English is.........kindly let us know if the email is okay or any correction you can give or idea

It looked to me like the same lack of capitalization and punctuation that you were using, so it was confusing. I would not send off an email looking like that, though.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

You have all the information given by members to work on. I suggest you calm down and prepare for a wait, encourage your wife that you will stand by her while you are in this holding pattern while your petition is returned and goes through the proper procedures. At this point, a second immediate interview might not do you any good if she can't be there for it. If you ARE granted another immediate interview and she isn't there, what additional proof will you have? How will you handle it differently? And if denied again, then what happens? I do not know the answer to that question, you might want to think about these things before demanding another interview. Best bet is like I said, go through the proper procedures and wait it out while gathering evidence to take to the second interview. And be sure she comes for a visit or 2 over this time frame.

Welcome to the Lagos Consulate, it's in a category all its own! Best of luck to you!

TracyJo

Timeline

Thanks alot Iyawo_Omo_Yoruba,If we are granted second interview she will present for the second interview and we already have bonafied documents that might be ask for......do you think if we granted second interview and she present it will help?

Timeline

I think you need to address your red flags if she is much older than you, can not have children and has only seen you once in 2 years and that is when you married that is your issue. All of the documentation in the world will be hard to convince Lagos that your relationship is reall with out the time together. You said you have known each other since 2007 so that kind of is worse in this case that since 2007 you have only had 1 month together. You would think if you have been in a relationship for 6 years that you would definetly have had more time together. We all understand the financial aspect of the visits there and the fact that you have family members to care for. I have a Mom who has cancer and I had custody of my grandchildren but I made arrangements with other family members so I could go and see my husband. Not for the process of getting him here but because we missed each other and wanted to have some time together and I plan on going whenever he has his interview. That is going to be the big thing for the CO how can you go so long without seeing each other. I know I am not walking in your shoes so I am not judging by any means but she needs to figure out how to get there. And she needs to clean up that email if she was born and raised in the states I dont care where her parents are from she would have been taught English in school. My parents spoke French I cant speak French at all. If they didnt believe your documentation dont give them more documentation that is not believeable. Good luck but I dont think you have a quick fix on this.

Even if she is there for the interview they dont allow her to come in to speak in Lagos from all I have heard so it will be good for her to be there for support but you will definetely need some well written certified affidavits confirming why she wasnt there all this time.

Edited by memlaura

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Texy, this is what I personally know regarding my own case. I met my husband in 2008, travelled over in 2010 stayed 4 days and got married that same trip. We filed his petition late 2010. I had every intention of going back over in 2011 but had a medical mishap that cost me my travel money, so I never made it. He was granted his interview late 2011 and was denied for the exact same reason as you. I planned a trip and went over early 2012. Our petition was reaffirmed, no additional proof needed. He was interviewed again in October 2012. Piece of cake, approved. Go check out our review, 5 questions were asked, no proof asked for even though he carried in 6 pounds. We had red flags but really Lagos just wanted to be sure we were real and making us wait it out is how they did it.

When its Gods time, it comes easy. Now was not Gods time for you. I know a few others who have the same story as mine, reaffirmed no issues, and visa was already approved when they walked through the door. Still, this does NOT mean you dont prepare and have extra evidences. You still have to be ready, ok? All this doom and gloom here on VJ had me worried. But it was unecessary worry in my case! To me it simply sounds like Lagos wants you to wait a year and see if you return for a second interview, but thats just my opinion, having gone through this myself and others I have talked with.

TracyJo

Filed: Other Timeline

Texy ....calm and exhale, U wer just denied and excited, marrying the first time , age differences and other red-flags U need to let your wife the USC that was educated in the US and gain employment in a prison

should handle the business, see let her be in control of this, you cannot stay there and micro-manage some things, now are you dictating her letter because as a CO I'd add this letter as another red-flag....This is Y

I wanted to come Dec to be with.......

to (witness??) his interviewhis interview could'nt release at work....

due to heavy load at work.......In the US one would say they were short-staffed or something like that

I contact superior. In US it would be supervisor, HR, boss or manager.......to FORCEFULLY request (dead give0away u wrote)

If I was a CO and U rush back this letter, I would call it another fraud letter coming from you not her; if your marriage is real stop trying to manupilate things and lether handle her things here if you are still in contact with her

in this case you'd get a [ermanent ban.l

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

My wife is about to write the embassy and call them....here is the copy of the email..kindly let us know if this email is okay...please share your knowledge

Dear Sir/Ma,

I am Mrs ============ i am sad to informed that my husband interview was denied and about to be revoked back to the USCIS despite the fact he answered every questions been asked,we do love each other and our marriage is real and bonafied every member of our family in the states and Nigeria sworn affidavits and receipts on both our names for items purchased in Nigeria and the States we have bonafied evidence of marriage..Emails from home and work,Chat Logs,Facebook,Text Messages,Call records,Life insurance together,Joint bank account here in the states and in Nigeria bunches of pictures before and after marriage with friends and families e.t.c but mostly all this evidence was not checked by consular that interviewed my husband and it was very sad,i couldn't make it to Nigeria since our marriage because we are in financial difficulties because my father was sick and had to take care of him but unfortunately he died January 10th 2013 and my husband job is not presently doing well in Nigeria,i wanted to come December to be with my husband and family and also to witness his interview but i couldn't released at work due to heavy load at the prison at the beginning of the year but i have contacted my Superior at work and forcefully request for a permission to be off work and come over to Nigeria to meet my husband and give us a second interview and we could both answer necessarily question to show our love and bonafied marriage...kindly keep our petition file at the embassy and give us another interview date and i will be arriving to Nigeria early before the second interview with my husband

I would be glad for our request to be considered

Kindly get back as soon as possible

Mrs =========

In my opinion this does NOT look like a professional letter. Clean up the grammar and punctuation, break into paragraphs for easier read.

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Filed: Timeline

Toss that letter and then have your Wife put on her professional hat and write a sound letter in her own words. If a letter can help your case, I don't know.

Your Wife the USC, in my opinion, is the one to manage this. It's your job to manage the Nigeria side.

If not too private you can post the job letter and we'll be able to tell you some more stuff on that. I think, based on what you said, that the letter is of serious importance.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The e mail also contradicts the original reason for not visiting.

Perhaps the best bet would be for her to be the one to move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The e mail also contradicts the original reason for not visiting.

Perhaps the best bet would be for her to be the one to move.

:thumbs:

I believe it to be more of how the interview went more than what was submitted. I say this because I visited my husband in 2008, we married then. I did not file our petition until 2010, and his interview was in 2011...Approved. There is a 16 year age difference (I am older), and I only visited him once when we married. The CO asked why I had not visited, and he answered truthfully "because I had other responsibilities and could not afford a second visit." Now call it the Grace of God, luck or whatever, but I have seen couples disapproved whom have visited several times or married on later visits. This is Lagos so who knows what will really trigger an approval or disapproval.

Of course I wasn't present at the interview so it is really hard to say what caused the denial. The CO wouldn't look at any of their documentation presented at the interview, but who is to say he hadn't already seen it? As others have said address your red flags or you will possibly go into a second interview with the same results. Brush up on your interview skills, such as answering questions confidently, and looking at the interviewer in the eyes (but don't stare him/her down).

God Bless!

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Timeline

We got met in 2009 and we met in 2011 JAN not 2007...to those of you mistaken

HERE IS THE LETTER FROM MY WIFE

=========================================================================================================================

To whom it may concern,

I am Mrs ================ and I have petitioned for my spouse Mr ================== to immigrate to the United States from Nigeria. My husband had his interview at the US consulate in Lagos Nigeria on February 4th 2013. He has informed me that they did not issue him the visa we were anticipating and they are intending to return our petition to USCIS for possible revocation. My husband stated that he correctly answered every questions been asked. The consular officer did not inspect the abundant evidence we provided of our relationship and seemed to concentrate on finding fault in our evidence of commination.

I have only been to Nigeria once, (01/01/2011 to 02/01/2011 ), when I married my spouse and stayed with him and his family for a month. I had intended to return during the latter part of 2012 but work constraints and my recently deceased fathers failing health caused financial and physical restrictions on my ability to travel. I am hoping you can assist me in getting a second interview in Lagos allowing for me to be in attendance before the petition is returned so that I can avoid the long period of waiting for reaffirmation of the petition. I do not want to be separated from my husband after having endured over a year apart already and he cannot stand not been with me soon as we have been apart so long due to circumstances stated

I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me with this issue.

============================================================================================================================

Here is the later about to present to the Embassy in Nigeria by my wife

Kindly share your knowledge please

Texy

Edited by Texy

Timeline

Sorry but that letter is not coming a USC but a Nigerian and trust me the Consular reading this letter wud be SHDH! Sorry bout ur denial but you have to be truthful and honest both here and the embassy. Also take it slow to avoid mistakes.GOODLUCK!

God is love!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.