uzzmet

Called by ICE just after I filed my I130 and I485 forms.

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Are you saying hereby that the United States of America is a tyranny ruled by despotic civil servants and overreaching Judicial System where gross abuse is a norm of the day?

Is that what you are saying?

I didn't say that.

Here's exactly what I said in an unmodified post above

It's nice that you have this ideology but unfortunately you're looking at what happens daily in the US via tainted glasses.

Gross abuse of power by civil servants as well as over reaching in judicial system happens every single day.

I'm not going to derail the OPs thread and future searches on this subject since we won't agree on this.

I'll leave the thread by congratulating the OP on his success.

I didn't say that.

Here's exactly what I said in an unmodified post above:

It's nice that you have this ideology but unfortunately you're looking at what happens daily in the US via tainted glasses.

Gross abuse of power by civil servants as well as over reaching in judicial system happens every single day.

It's not "my ideology". what you refer to are Principles that Founding Fathers built United States of America upon and I hold those principle dear and am attached to them , just as I am attached to US Constitution.

What is it then, I ask you, that you are trying to imply by denying the validity of those principles ?

I-485/I-130 filed: January 26,2012 (130/485 sent to Chicago lockbox, transferred to MSC, field office Baltimore, MD).

I-130 Approved: June 25, 2012

I-485 RFE issued: June 25, 2012

Contacted offices of Honorable Senator Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski at the end of July.

I-485 DECISION MADE on August 03, 2012 , LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER CONTACTING THE SENATOR'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ON CASE STATUS!

I-485 WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: 08/08/12

Green Card in Mail: 08/11/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I understand that some posters on public forums (I am not naming names or making a personal statement,this is not about anyone in particular, it's just a general note of impression left after reading some posts on public forums) , so I understand some posters come from despotic third world countries , where there is indeed "The Man" who can do as he pleases with little to no regard to existing laws, abuse and demean and humiliate the citizens for pleasure as infamous Emperor of Rome Caligula would do.

Thus, even after coming to USA, these individuals project their own tyrannical government system upon the US , hence they are trembling, with fear and apprehension that "The Man" can just do to them as he pleases.

These individuals would do favor to themselves, as well as to United States, by according to our system of government greater Honor and understanding that we have no Chavez, Assad or Ghaddafi style "The Man" ruled form of government here where anyone vested of public trust can do to us as he/she pleases. Instead, WE THE PEOPLE electorally decide WHO our man will be and we put men there (Be it in ICE, USCIS, or any other Government Agency) to be IN OUR SERVICE, NOT to fear and tremble that some dumbduck will arbitrarily and without any legitimate grounds abuse his powers and do us harm for no existing reason.

This is a s far as "The Man" part of the reply concerned.

As to my reply to the OP, notice that I have made no mention of need or absence of a need for the professional help, I didn't even delve into the OP other than questioning how could what OP describes really take place? I am still very skeptical of OP account , though I refrained from calling him a troll or deliberately making the story up.

I wish OP lots of luck and best of what life has in store for him.

To the rest: HONOR your newly adopted Country, The United States of America!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every from of tyranny over the mind of man." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Stick around a few more years and get a dose of reality in the real world. The odd and unusual happens. Frequently.

People hired to do a job and failing or doing it not like we think they are "supposed to do it"....happens. CO's that bribe for sex and monetary gain happens. Biased denials happen. Reasons beyond your reasoning and comprehension exist.

"The man" put in service by us does "his own thing" at times believe it or not. Such is life and it has nothing to do with the constitution. No system is perfect when it is run by humans.

:ot2:

Things take place that USCIS, ICE, and CO's do that are unusual, odd, out of pattern, but they still happen.

Glad you got through it OP. They called you in and they had their reasons best known to themselves. It does not surprise me just because we have not seen it before. There is a first time for everything and to bring the constitution into this is quite a quantum leap.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

What is it then, I ask you, that you are trying to imply by denying the validity of those principles ?

I don't see where Gowon has denied any validity of any "principles". Principles, pursuit of ideologies or whatever you want to call it involving human beings will never be perfect. The odd and unusual is the reality.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

The OP, no offense to him, was recently a illegal alien who had no rights to be in this country at all. Judicial process and all that did not apply, just deport. The OP now is in a period of authorized stay given to him by the government, but he has still not gotten permission to stay indefinitely. So the OP already disregarded the US's laws and violated them. The system in place is meant to get rid of people who violate our laws and protect our citizens.

So ICE, until very recently, could arrest him, detain him, and deport him.

Your speech is meaningless in this context.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you guys.

He only said it's for verification. He checked my I797C and marriage certificate, took photocopies, and told me I'm fine. I think I was on their list as an overstayed student. He had an open case and he put my documents to this folder to close it.

I think they started calling people for double check. From now on more people will be invited everyday I guess.

Most likely correct. ICE showed you as overstayed and then "OOPs! Big surprise, you have filed for AOS" They probably just needed to verify you were "out of their jurisdiction"

You belong to USCIS now...congratulations! :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I understand that some posters on public forums (I am not naming names or making a personal statement,this is not about anyone in particular, it's just a general note of impression left after reading some posts on public forums) , so I understand some posters come from despotic third world countries , where there is indeed "The Man" who can do as he pleases with little to no regard to existing laws, abuse and demean and humiliate the citizens for pleasure as infamous Emperor of Rome Caligula would do.

Thus, even after coming to USA, these individuals project their own tyrannical government system upon the US , hence they are trembling, with fear and apprehension that "The Man" can just do to them as he pleases.

These individuals would do favor to themselves, as well as to United States, by according to our system of government greater Honor and understanding that we have no Chavez, Assad or Ghaddafi style "The Man" ruled form of government here where anyone vested of public trust can do to us as he/she pleases. Instead, WE THE PEOPLE electorally decide WHO our man will be and we put men there (Be it in ICE, USCIS, or any other Government Agency) to be IN OUR SERVICE, NOT to fear and tremble that some dumbduck will arbitrarily and without any legitimate grounds abuse his powers and do us harm for no existing reason.

This is a s far as "The Man" part of the reply concerned.

As to my reply to the OP, notice that I have made no mention of need or absence of a need for the professional help, I didn't even delve into the OP other than questioning how could what OP describes really take place? I am still very skeptical of OP account , though I refrained from calling him a troll or deliberately making the story up.

I wish OP lots of luck and best of what life has in store for him.

To the rest: HONOR your newly adopted Country, The United States of America!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every from of tyranny over the mind of man." ~ Thomas Jefferson

You gotta let me know where u got ur high horse lmao

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Stick around a few more years and get a dose of reality in the real world. The odd and unusual happens. Frequently.

People hired to do a job and failing or doing it not like we think they are "supposed to do it"....happens. CO's that bribe for sex and monetary gain happens. Biased denials happen. Reasons beyond your reasoning and comprehension exist.

"The man" put in service by us does "his own thing" at times believe it or not. Such is life and it has nothing to do with the constitution. No system is perfect when it is run by humans.

:ot2:

Things take place that USCIS, ICE, and CO's do that are unusual, odd, out of pattern, but they still happen.

Glad you got through it OP. They called you in and they had their reasons best known to themselves. It does not surprise me just because we have not seen it before. There is a first time for everything and to bring the constitution into this is quite a quantum leap.

To be precise there are two distinctly different subjects:

#1 - Matter of jurisdiction and out of pattern, unheard of event (like one described by OP).

# 2- Matter of abuse of power.

I have not raised the latter because it was absent from OP and in any event irrelevant to inconsistency I was pointing out in OP.

It was you and some other posters who kept bringing this "abuse of power" subject. In response I replied with my opinion that this is The United States of America , we have supremacy of Law (Constitution being the Highest Law of the Land) here over arbitrary wishes of men and no man can overrule it.

And I stand by my opinion. I challenge anyone of you to prove me wrong, that US is a lawless land where anyone wearing a uniform or vested of public trust and office can act like Caligula with impunity.

But the question I raised all along was whether it was likely for ICE to act in such an out of pattern way (not abusive but just totally out of its' way) and do things outside of its' jurisdiction and , on top of it, on such an odd fashion and so unlike what it is always doing.

First there is an issue of Jurisdiction. ICE either has jurisdiction or it doesn't. If removal proceedings are initiated the case is no longer is with USCIS. All USCIS can do is advise client that he or she is outside of its' jurisdiction. USCIS may still assume the control over the case IF ICE terminates its' proceedings in court and returns the subject under USCIS. In any event two never have a jurisdiction over the same case simultaneously.

What OP describes makes it look as if ICE did the job of USCIS (it's the USCIS Immigration Officer's job to review files and documents, before , during and after interview, as long as the case is under its' jurisdiction). How could this be that ICE interfered in the middle of the process without assuming the jurisdiction?

Second, it is very unlike for ICE to call people and ask them to visit their office for a chat. If ICE really wants to get you it just locates the house where they know you live (or have last known you have lived) and just come and get you from there in handcuffs.

In some instances (if there is a conflict of jurisdiction and USCIS doesn't want to alert subject so that he or she wouldn't flee or abscond) , the ICE will quietly wait in the building where subject goes for AOS interview and either question or arrest and assume full custody of the subject right then and there.

In yet other cases (and this is how removal proceedings are initiated) the ICE will send a letter to the subject advising them that they have x number of days to leave US, list the sections of INA under which the alien is removable and challenge the alien to show before Judge why they should still be authorized to be present in US. Neither of those well known patterns involve ICE calling someone at home and asking to come and visit for a private talk or for review of documents.

Third, although something obscure not turning up in Google search isn't an indication of it not existing, yet , as far as immigration matters are concerned, the circumstances the OP describe are fairly common (how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people apply for AOS after expiration or non-immigrant status? Surely many do so adjusting from F-1!). With so many thousands of similar cases surely someone would have already posted about ICE calling them to show up for a chat, how come no thread turns up when you search for relevant keyword?

But I will leave that third concern aside (perhaps of those thousands who went through similar process none has posted anything searchable by Google) , it still doesn't eliminate the two above.

How does OP explain it? He doesn't, he simply says this is what it is and ICE is a mystery that can do whatever.

None of which by the way holds the water.

In my turn, I have refrained from accusing the OP of being a troll. We still don't know whether what he says is an accurate description of events or not. All I said was that in light of the questions raised above, am remaining skeptical about the whole story and find it very odd that what OP described could indeed take place in a real life.

And I wished OP plenty of good luck.

I wish you the same.

`

Edited by asdfg

I-485/I-130 filed: January 26,2012 (130/485 sent to Chicago lockbox, transferred to MSC, field office Baltimore, MD).

Contacted offices of Honorable Senator Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski at the end of July.

I-485 DECISION MADE on August 03, 2012 , LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER CONTACTING THE SENATOR'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ON CASE STATUS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

1. Matter of jurisdiction and out of pattern, unheard of event (like one described by OP).

2. Matter of abuse of power.

[...blablabla...]

Second, it is very unlike for ICE to call people and ask them to visit their office for a chat.

[blabla]

How does OP explain it? He doesn't, he simply says this is what it is and ICE is a mystery that can do whatever.

[blabla]

OP doesn't have to explain it. OP lawyered up and presented his evidence. If anything, he came prepared. Had he shown up with fear partially because of someone trying to freak him out, then it's possible the outcome of that talk would've been different. Fear won't get you far - facts will.

While it is not common to get a call from niether USCIS or ICE, it is still possible. Not every person has access to the internet and not everybody posts questions. VJ wasn't first with the news of Italy suddenly being hard on co-sponsors either. Internal procedures usually stay that way for the purpose of catching someone offguard.

`

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

#1 - Matter of jurisdiction and out of pattern, unheard of event (like one described by OP).

# 2- Matter of abuse of power.

I have not raised the latter because it was absent from OP and in any event irrelevant to inconsistency I was pointing out in OP.

It was you and some other posters who kept bringing this "abuse of power" subject. In response I replied with my opinion that this is The United States of America , we have supremacy of Law (Constitution being the Highest Law of the Land) here over arbitrary wishes of men and no man can overrule it.

And I stand by my opinion. I challenge anyone of you to prove me wrong, that US is a lawless land where anyone wearing a uniform or vested of public trust and office can act like Caligula with impunity.

But the question I raised all along was whether it was likely for ICE to act in such an out of pattern way (not abusive but just totally out of its' way) and do things outside of its' jurisdiction and , on top of it, on such an odd fashion and so unlike what it is always doing.

First there is an issue of Jurisdiction. ICE either has jurisdiction or it doesn't. If removal proceedings are initiated the case is no longer is with USCIS. All USCIS can do is advise client that he or she is outside of its' jurisdiction. USCIS may still assume the control over the case IF ICE terminates its' proceedings in court and returns the subject under USCIS. In any event two never have a jurisdiction over the same case simultaneously.

What OP describes makes it look as if ICE did the job of USCIS (it's the USCIS Immigration Officer's job to review files and documents, before , during and after interview, as long as the case is under its' jurisdiction). How could this be that ICE interfered in the middle of the process without assuming the jurisdiction?

Second, it is very unlike for ICE to call people and ask them to visit their office for a chat. If ICE really wants to get you it just locates the house where they know you live (or have last known you have lived) and just come and get you from there in handcuffs.

In some instances (if there is a conflict of jurisdiction and USCIS doesn't want to alert subject so that he or she wouldn't flee or abscond) , the ICE will quietly wait in the building where subject goes for AOS interview and either question or arrest and assume full custody of the subject right then and there.

In yet other cases (and this is how removal proceedings are initiated) the ICE will send a letter to the subject advising them that they have x number of days to leave US, list the sections of INA under which the alien is removable and challenge the alien to show before Judge why they should still be authorized to be present in US. Neither of those well known patterns involve ICE calling someone at home and asking to come and visit for a private talk or for review of documents.

Third, although something obscure not turning up in Google search isn't an indication of it not existing, yet , as far as immigration matters are concerned, the circumstances the OP describe are fairly common (how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people apply for AOS after expiration or non-immigrant status? Surely many do so adjusting from F-1!). With so many thousands of similar cases surely someone would have already posted about ICE calling them to show up for a chat, how come no thread turns up when you search for relevant keyword?

But I will leave that third concern aside (perhaps of those thousands who went through similar process none has posted anything searchable by Google) , it still doesn't eliminate the two above.

In my turn, I have refrained from accusing the OP of being a troll. We still don't know whether what he says is an accurate description of events or not. All I said was that in light of the questions raised above, am remaining skeptical about the whole story and find it very odd that what OP described could indeed take place in a real life.

And I wished OP plenty of good luck.

I wish you the same.

`

No, it was not me who kept bringing anything. The post you quoted of me was my first in this thread.

As to the rest of your comment, I understand how ICE and USCIS are "supposed to" and "usually" work.

I have been around the board and fully understand the difference.

You are entitled to your suspicion and I am entitled to see no big deal with an "out of ordinary" procedure.

I merely implied that the human machine is prone to variables and not functioning according to what it is "supposed to do"

and therefore no one needs to read more into it when the OP says he can not explain it either.

Your utopia government machine does not exist in my humble opinion and experience. The wheels are not oiled as well as they could be.

But, yes, it is a great country in which we are allowed to have a difference of opinion.

Have a good day ~

Spoiler

Filed: Timeline

It's not "my ideology". what you refer to are Principles that Founding Fathers built United States of America upon and I hold those principle dear and am attached to them , just as I am attached to US Constitution.

One of those... :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This thread has gotten way off topic and I don't think OP will be back as his question has been answered. Maybe we could let this die?

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

With all due respect, both of you ,Ebunoluwa and moomin, are incorrect.

You are confused about range of variables within however wide circle vs out of range.

What I noted in OP was something just out of range and inconsistent with what is known to be as variables.

For example: Police, in the course of investigation, may come up with any new tactics and strategy or employ some yet unknown tools to more efficiently prosecute a crime.

But it is highly unlikely for a Police to do something outside of its' range.

For example, it's unlikely for a State Trooper or Local Police Officer to pilot an F-15 to chase a suspect. It just doesn't happen, no matter how unorthodox method of pursuit any Police department out there would possibly choose.

Also , we all at some point heard or saw on TV-news channels one or another report of the excessive use of force by Police but none ever involved Police randomly kicking 90 years old retiree in the butt , whose sole offence was merely strolling the public sidewalk during the normal business hours.

Not to compare the OP story to these examples , but the point is that some things are just out of the range of possible and far outside of any imaginable variables.

I am not saying what OP wrote is just as impossible, but at least very odd, highly unlikely and unusual enough to keep me skeptical.

With all due respect, both of you ,Ebunoluwa and moomin, are incorrect.

You are confused about range of variables within however wide circle vs out of range.

What I noted in OP was something just out of range and inconsistent with what is known to be as variables.

For example: Police, in the course of investigation, may come up with any new tactics and strategy or employ some yet unknown tools to more efficiently prosecute a crime.

But it is highly unlikely for a Police to do something outside of its' range.

For example, it's unlikely for a State Trooper or Local Police Officer to pilot an F-15 to chase a suspect. It just doesn't happen, no matter how unorthodox method of pursuit any Police department out there would possibly choose.

Also , we all at some point heard or saw on TV-news channels one or another report of the excessive use of force by Police but none ever involved Police randomly kicking 90 years old retiree in the butt , whose sole offence was merely strolling the public sidewalk during the normal business hours.

Not to compare the OP story to these examples , but the point is that some things are just out of the range of possible and far outside of any imaginable variables.

I am not saying what OP wrote is just as impossible, but at least very odd, highly unlikely and unusual enough to keep me skeptical.

:blink:

What in the world are you on about?

Look - the OP found himself in an unusual immigration situation. He did what anybody with half a brain in his situation would do. He sought legal counsel.

Surely you can Google how helpful it is for an alien to show up in any Homeland Security office with his lawyer at his side.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.