CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

:ot2:

I'm in for some letter writing. I'll also be meeting with my congressman's staff on the 22nd. Remember these people are elected to their positions to fight for your rights. If we make enough noise they will have to listen.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Actually we are writing a letter to the senator stating exactly that. We are working on it, the centers are swamped with paperwork from applicants who benefited from the dream act. This has made things slow down for all of us working through months and following the legal way to get to BE WITH OUR LOVED ONES. So unfair :crying:

I completely agree with you..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I totally agree that something needs to be done to make the fiance and spouse visa process much more efficient and faster.

I despise the fact that I'm told I basically don't have the right to plan our wedding according to our personal timelines because it's inconvenient for the USCIS.

Our Timeline
Oct 2009 - First met at a conference for work in Puerto Rico
Nov 2009 to Present - Many visits between us!
October 2011 - Julien visited Malynda and proposed!
July 2012 - Malynda visited France to meet all of Julien's family and work on K1 Visa forms
August 3, 2012 - K1 Visa Application mailed in!!
August 8, 2012 - NOA 1 Received

December 2012 - Julien visited Iowa to meet all of Malynda's family
February 13, 2013 - NOA 2 Received
April 24, 2013 - Visa Interview & APPROVAL!!!

July 1, 2013 - Julien moved to the US!

I definitely agree with this. I immigrated as a teen legally with my parents in the 1980's.Back then the process was a lot different.My grandmother had petitioned for my dad andour family.It took 9 months form the day grandma filed to the day we picked up our visa from the local embassy.

Later I became a citizen whike serving in the military.It was a longer wait back then to become a citizen while serving.While a wait is expected with anything the government touches and bureacracy , I just hope it is being done fairly and we who are doing it legally and are paying taxes are not being sidelined.

Oct 1st 2012 - Mailed I-130 package to Phoenix
Oct 3rd 2012 - Package delivered
Oct 9th 2012 - NOA 1
Dec 12th 2012 -Case finally visible on USCIS website as initial review
Jan 31st 2013 -Emailed ncsc-customerconnect@uscis.dhs.gov
Feb 6th 2013 - Response that my case was tranferred to the local Jacksonville field office on Nov 19th 2012
Apr 2nd 2013 - Infopass. Found out that there was an RFE dated Dec 19th that I never received.USCIS website never reflected that either.Got a copy of the RFE .Time to make another infopass to drop documents off at local Jacksonville office.

Apr 29th 2013- Dropped off RFE documents at local office

May 7th 2013- Got text that petition was approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I totally agree that something needs to be done to make the fiance and spouse visa process much more efficient and faster.

I despise the fact that I'm told I basically don't have the right to plan our wedding according to our personal timelines because it's inconvenient for the USCIS.

Not to play the devil's advocate here, but you could have planned your wedding for whenever, gotten married, and then filed an I130.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It's really not as easy as you are trying to make it sound in our circumstances...

Not to play the devil's advocate here, but you could have planned your wedding for whenever, gotten married, and then filed an I130.

Our Timeline
Oct 2009 - First met at a conference for work in Puerto Rico
Nov 2009 to Present - Many visits between us!
October 2011 - Julien visited Malynda and proposed!
July 2012 - Malynda visited France to meet all of Julien's family and work on K1 Visa forms
August 3, 2012 - K1 Visa Application mailed in!!
August 8, 2012 - NOA 1 Received

December 2012 - Julien visited Iowa to meet all of Malynda's family
February 13, 2013 - NOA 2 Received
April 24, 2013 - Visa Interview & APPROVAL!!!

July 1, 2013 - Julien moved to the US!

Timeline

Senator Feinstein and Boxer just recieved this email from me. Looking forward to meeting my congressman's staff in a couple weeks with actual face time.

Dear Senator,

I’m writing you today about the California Service Center of the USCIS and their priority of handling cases. I currently have a fiancé visa waiting for review. It has been pending review for 4 and half months now and at the current rate will be many more until it is even looked at. I realize there is a huge backlog of cases due to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, but this should not mean that all other cases are neglected. These people waiting for their cases are already in the USA and not separated from their loved ones, while I’m kept apart from mine. I feel I’m being punished for doing the immigration process the legal and proper way. There is also the financial impact on my family and your district. I’m supporting my fiancé, so that means thousands of dollars is not being spent locally. I can’t support local businesses, local jobs and there is also a loss of tax revenue, because I must support my family no matter where they are.

Another financial aspect of this is the revenue from fees of the deferred action cases. There are currently over 400,000 cases, each paying $435. Where did that $174,000,000 dollars go? The USCIS needs more staff to do their jobs. Money should be directed to the USCIS and used to get unemployed Americans back to work and relieve the backlog at the USCIS.

This isn’t the first time I have been separated from my family. I spent 6 years in the US Navy, including 2 deployments overseas. I gave up a portion of my life to help out our great nation, now I’d like to see that same respect in return.

Sincerely,

K E

Case #WAC____________

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Senator Feinstein and Boxer just recieved this email from me. Looking forward to meeting my congressman's staff in a couple weeks with actual face time.

Dear Senator,

I’m writing you today about the California Service Center of the USCIS and their priority of handling cases. I currently have a fiancé visa waiting for review. It has been pending review for 4 and half months now and at the current rate will be many more until it is even looked at. I realize there is a huge backlog of cases due to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, but this should not mean that all other cases are neglected. These people waiting for their cases are already in the USA and not separated from their loved ones, while I’m kept apart from mine. I feel I’m being punished for doing the immigration process the legal and proper way. There is also the financial impact on my family and your district. I’m supporting my fiancé, so that means thousands of dollars is not being spent locally. I can’t support local businesses, local jobs and there is also a loss of tax revenue, because I must support my family no matter where they are.

Another financial aspect of this is the revenue from fees of the deferred action cases. There are currently over 400,000 cases, each paying $435. Where did that $174,000,000 dollars go? The USCIS needs more staff to do their jobs. Money should be directed to the USCIS and used to get unemployed Americans back to work and relieve the backlog at the USCIS.

This isn’t the first time I have been separated from my family. I spent 6 years in the US Navy, including 2 deployments overseas. I gave up a portion of my life to help out our great nation, now I’d like to see that same respect in return.

Sincerely,

K E

Case #WAC____________

That is a great letter!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

SO TRUE, I AGREE. ME AND MY HUSBAND BEED DICUSSING THE SAME ISSUE. I'M ON BOARD.

Hi everyone!!

First of all, I want to congratulate all of you that got your I-130 and/ or I-129 approvals these past few days! We are all getting closer to the end!! Yay!!! But, this is not what this post is about.

I'm feeling a little unhappy today since I came across a few articles explaining how the US government is making things better and easier for illegal immigrants to become lawful permanent residents, which I don't completely agree with, since I feel that those who are doing things right should get the help. Oh well, that is just wishful thinking. Anyways, I feel like it's unfair that we have to go through this whole process without any consideration for our situations. We all miss our spouses and family in the US and would like to be with them as soon as possible, but we still decide to do things the right way, and I know it will pay off in the long run, but, wouldn't it be nice if the government did something for all of you, US citizens, trying to get your families back together doing things the right way? I know the illegal immigration issue is now a big deal in the United States and that it needs to be addressed but, come on! There should be some compromise from the authorities that shows people that following the law is the way to go but they make it seem like is the other way around.

I talked to my husband today and told him that I feel that we should send a letter to our congressmen and complain about this situation, let them know how we are also afflicted but this situation, that it also hurt us to be apart from our loved ones, not only the people that willingly decided to break the law and stay illegally in the US. We count too! And I know that most of you think that writing a letter wont change anything, I often thing that way about many things, but reality is that if we don't say anything, things won't change. I'm writing this post to ask you, US citizens, filing for your spouses, parents or children to step up and do something. Write a letter and speak up your mind, complain, tell your congressmen how you feel, what you think and what you'd like. The change starts with us. This might not change our situation, but it could mean a change for those behind us.

People, we have more power that we thinks we do, lets use it! I hope you compromise too, I'm sure that one person won't be heard, but but all of us can make a lot of noise!

Maybe I'm going a little crazy today, maybe I miss my husband too much, but maybe, just maybe, this crazy idea could work!

People, good luck with your journeys! Now, let's make some noise!

FIRST, HOW DO WE START?

SO TRUE, I AGREE. ME AND MY HUSBAND BEED DICUSSING THE SAME ISSUE. I'M ON BOARD.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Back in March 2011 a bunch of us K-1 filers (VSC) started a twitter campaign. We actually trended for a while. Not sure if it helped but it made us feel a lot better.

@USCIS@BarakObama_@HouseDemocrats@Senate_GOPs

#K1Vermonters#VSCBacklog

You get the idea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

How do u guys find where to send it too. I'm going to write them and give them a piece of my mind as well. Could someone pls let me know? :)

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

How do u guys find where to send it too. I'm going to write them and give them a piece of my mind as well. Could someone pls let me know? :)

Try looking on your county's or city's website for your senators and congressmen. If you need help send me a message of what city you are from and I'll find it.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.