CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If someone want to create a general petition that we could sign. Look how many people sign to deport Pierce Morgan and that got to the white house. If we could get 25,000 or more I think the white house has to answer. Maybe we could contact this group The petition was created December 21 on the White House "We the People" petition site. It quickly passed the 25,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the Obama Administration, ultimately garnering more than 100,000 signatures. This is a direct line to the President it the White House website. I am open to writing a petition with the group help. Then we need to pass it around this is a free site. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/how-why/introduction

Edited by vegas12

If someone want to create a general petition that we could sign. Look how many people sign to deport Pierce Morgan and that got to the white house. If we could get 25,000 or more I think the white house has to answer. Maybe we could contact this group The petition was created December 21 on the White House "We the People" petition site. It quickly passed the 25,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the Obama Administration, ultimately garnering more than 100,000 signatures. This is a direct line to the President it the White House website. I am open to writing a petition with the group help. Then we need to pass it around this is a free site. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/how-why/introduction

Great idea!! I think that could work, and at least we wouldn't feel so useless. I posted a letter with my husband on this thread, why don't you check it out and let me know what you think? We can improve it if needed and get the ball rolling! :thumbs:

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

My company applied for a rush UK Tier 2 work visa for me (my passport with the previous visa was stolen before a trip) and from the day the UK received my paperwork, it took eight business days for the visa to be in my hand. Now my company has preferred status, we worked with a lawyer, and we paid an expedite fee, but eight days? We would all be ecstatic if our properly filed I-130s were approved in eight weeks, and our visas in our hands a month after that.

Yup. It's kind of... Insane.

I've had people say to me "oh but, if you're married to a US citizen don't you just automatically get a green card?". That's my favourite.

I am the Kiwi :)

Yup. It's kind of... Insane.

I've had people say to me "oh but, if you're married to a US citizen don't you just automatically get a green card?". That's my favourite.

Haha I got the same feedback from others too. It is sad that we are treated in such a inferior position that We are even lower than illegal immigrants.

I really miss my husband ... This costs us mental physical and financial stress ....

Edited by Snowbird7824

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Haha I got the same feedback from others too. It is sad that we are treated in such a inferior position that We are even lower than illegal immigrants.

I really miss my husband ... This costs us mental physical and financial stress ....

I always get the same response. We're engaged... waiting for I129F and fiance visa. Everyone asks, "Can't you just marry him and bring him home?" Not that simple. I've even had people suggest I get pregnant to speed up the process... no way!!! I have grown kids! No more children for me...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I always get the same response. We're engaged... waiting for I129F and fiance visa. Everyone asks, "Can't you just marry him and bring him home?" Not that simple. I've even had people suggest I get pregnant to speed up the process... no way!!! I have grown kids! No more children for me...

Even if you got pregnant USCIS could care less. You got to love our government some times. :P

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I know! But it's another widespread misconception.... hahahaha... no pun intended :)

We thought about to have kids and we want kids soon. But we don't want our kids to be born outside US and definitely we don't want kids to add more complication to the case or make it longer ... Sigh ... How can a govt is not helping its own citizens but helps outsiders ...

We thought about to have kids and we want kids soon. But we don't want our kids to be born outside US and definitely we don't want kids to add more complication to the case or make it longer ... Sigh ... How can a govt is not helping its own citizens but helps outsiders ...

That is totally my situation... I'm no spring chicken or some 20 something year old. I finally met the love of my life & my biological clock is ticking. That is why reading stuff like this made me upset because I'm a legal American born and raised here. I myself didn't realized there was such a LONG list of all this paperwork, waiting in line thing...etc. etc.

I also thought since I am USC, my hubby should be able to fly back with me or get his visa like getting a drivers license. Boy was I naive!

Never been married before, no kids & same for my hubby. So there better NOT be any difficulty for us. I guess this is all a life learning experience for us for being an international couple! Today is officially our 2 month (60 days) since our NOA1 and I know...I'm not holding my breath for any NOA2 coz I've read almost all postings and its still early in our journey! Staying positive & wishing every one the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That is totally my situation... I'm no spring chicken or some 20 something year old. I finally met the love of my life & my biological clock is ticking. That is why reading stuff like this made me upset because I'm a legal American born and raised here. I myself didn't realized there was such a LONG list of all this paperwork, waiting in line thing...etc. etc.

I also thought since I am USC, my hubby should be able to fly back with me or get his visa like getting a drivers license. Boy was I naive!

It used to be that way, which is what is unfortunate. From what my mother has told me, she and my father flew back to America, got married and he had his greencard within the week. That was the 80s, though.

I understand why they don't expedite due to pregnancy, because then everybody would be trying to get pregnant to speed the process along, but for those of us who are trying to conceive it is a bit of a pain.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Just a lull.... we'll ramp it up again this week.... fingers crossed :D

I fully support the right of everyone to switch countries if they want to, dammit. Remember that the target of our ire is not the illegal immigrants, it's the system that made it difficult for everyone and practically impossible for them. Any step towards reform is a step in the right direction.

That said, yes, I would be completely ticked off if I found that our case, where we are waiting in distress for a process taking several months while we are forced to live apart, is taking a back seat to cases where the immigrant spouse didn't even wait for legal permission. THEY get to spend time together because they didn't follow the rules. WE have to force ourselves to drive to the airport and put our beloved spouse on an airplane and not see them until we don't know when, because we do want to do things the right way.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I fully support the right of everyone to switch countries if they want to, dammit. Remember that the target of our ire is not the illegal immigrants, it's the system that made it difficult for everyone and practically impossible for them. Any step towards reform is a step in the right direction.

That said, yes, I would be completely ticked off if I found that our case, where we are waiting in distress for a process taking several months while we are forced to live apart, is taking a back seat to cases where the immigrant spouse didn't even wait for legal permission. THEY get to spend time together because they didn't follow the rules. WE have to force ourselves to drive to the airport and put our beloved spouse on an airplane and not see them until we don't know when, because we do want to do things the right way.

I have felt that pain at the airport, too. Some take the 'easy' way, short circuiting the system and in all likelihood lengthening the process for those of us who chose to follow the law and the legal path to immigration. Why do we do it? I can only speak for myself. I do it because I try to be a law abiding citizen. And there is another, more personal, reason. I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder. And even if we could be together today, the pain of being ripped apart with little hope of reuniting would be far greater than the pain that I suffer today. So I chose to look toward a bright future, albeit delayed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.