ginapb77

How did everyone meet their special one?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am just curious. I moved to southeastern Turkey for a teaching position. My new boss put me into a guesthouse. My husband was part of the housekeeping staff. He was the only person there that was genuinely nice to me. I moved into my own place and we hung out daily, watching movies, listening to music and just talking( He is now learning to speak English but he taught me Turkish). After dating for 6 months, I left this city because my boss was starting to pay us extremely late (2 or 3 weeks late and just throwing 30 dollars here or there to shut us up). I went back to Istanbul for a year and me and my husband continued to talk then I moved back to the States. We continued to talk and decided we should be together. Neither of us were interested in anyone else and really want to spend our lives together. We got married in January in last year and his appointment is on the 30th (my b-day, I hope they put it on this day for a reason :)). I am intrigued to here how others met and how they decided their person is the "one" they want to be with.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife was working at the front desk of a hotel I stayed at when I went to Mexico, which was on a fairly regular basis. We became friends and started hanging out; going to dinner, out for drinks, etc. After a little over a year of friendship, I asked her if she was interested in moving our friendship to a romantic level. She shot me down in flames. :huh:

We continued our friendship, and after two more years passed, she decided she was ready to settle down and get serious about a relationship. She admitted she had been interested in me before, but hadn't wanted to invest time in a relationship. She was working full time, in school full time, and hanging out with friends and things in what little spare time she had. She got tired of the partying and wanted to settle down.

She asked me if I was still interested, and it just so happened I was.

We started dating, and two years later, almost to the day, she came to visit me in the US for a couple of months. We decided right before she had to go home that we wanted to get married and have her stay, so we did. She got her green card on Oct. 22. We've been enjoying life together ever since.

2010-04-15: Married!

2010-05-07: Physical Done by Civil Surgeon

2012-05-10: I-130 & I-485 Sent to USCIS

2012-05-11 (Day 01): FedEx Delivery Notification Email Received

2012-05-25 (Day 14): Checks Cashed

2012-05-30 (Day 19): NOA Hard Copies Received

2012-06-04 (Day 25): Biometric Appointment Notice Received

2012-06-08 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment in Charleston, SC Completed Successfully

2012-06-18 (Day 39): RFE Notification Received via Text :(

2012-07-03 (Day 54): Requested Evidence Sent to National Benefits Center Via Registered Mail

2012-07-09 (Day 60): Update Text Received; Requested Evidence Received at National Benefits Center

2012-07-26 (Day 77): Update Text Received; I-131 & I-765 Approved! Card Production Ordered.

2012-08-01 (Day 83): Update Text Received; EAD Mailed

2012-08-03 (Day 85): EAD In Hand!

2012-09-19 (Day 132): Update Text Received; Interview Scheduled for October 22, 2012.

2012-10-22 (Day 165): Approved on the Spot!

2012-10-25 (Day 168): Update Text Received; Green Card Production Ordered

2012-10-29 (Day 172): Green Card In Hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I met my fiance when we were both in high school. He was a senior and I was a junior. He apparently liked me for a while, but didn't know how to approach me, plus being that he didn't speak English well, all he could manage to do was smile at me when I was around. He says that he happened to see me walk across campus one day and it was love at first sight for him, even though he had no idea who I was. Cute huh? So we dated for one year but after he graduated high school, he had to go back to his country. We were very much in love and I would have married him in an instant had he stayed and waited until I turned 18. Foolishness of youth!!! I know.

But prospects were dim for him as he had no green card and couldn't work and couldn't go to school and money was running out from his family, so he returned to his own country. It broke my heart when he left and he also broke my heart when after three months I stopped hearing from him. I guess we were both so young and I naively thought that he would be able to return soon and we could be together. Fast forward 10 years or so, I find him on facebook and we were friends for many years, with no more than a passing email, happy new year, happy birthday etc. from either of us. He never got married, but I got married and divorced. But last year, I decided to go visit him (I always wanted to go see him again) and it's like we are still the same two kids in high school (+ 20 years) It was magical, so now I hope that we can finally set things straight and do it how it was supposed to be done.

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Accidentally spat on his face when I was drunk.

:rofl:

Met mine while he was studying abroad at my uni and he joined a campus organization I helped run. Took almost the full year for us to get together, but it happened thanks to some gin.

Edited by BaBamSam

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I met my wife at a Trade Fair in Wuhan, ages past. She was working for one of my clients, handling legal paperwork.

We had a late-ish dinner that night, and that was it... Head over heels in love, the two o us.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"Excuse me, Miss -- we haven't met yet, so I still have a chance with YOU."

The rest is history, si man.

The above is joking, hee man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

:rofl:

Met mine while he was studying abroad at my uni and he joined a campus organization I helped run. Took almost the full year for us to get together, but it happened thanks to some gin.

The above post has been edited by Sam! :rofl:

Met my fiancee while working in the Philippines. :dance:

Edited by Bumbero

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Haha I know exactly what ur talking about..the guest house..starting to pay late..then they don't at all! It's so typical for there :)

I met my fiancé in Istanbul ..I was at the Internet cafe and he kept trying to talk to me but I completely ignored him cuz I know how guys can be there! I kept ignoring him , he kept trying to talk to me, in very poor English..he gave me his number, and then I THOUGHT he was following me home, but he was my neighbor! Weird huh..haha he didn't know either. So he startied trying to make me constantly come meet his sister and go out with him places, I was wanting a friend so I said yes, but not to have anything more..he took me everywhere and I was like his princess. Sometimes I feel bad about how mean I was all those times, but I know very well how turkish guys can be! Anyway..he grew on me :) I never imagined, I would still be with him 2 and a half years later, and be so close to him! And I taught him English too, and I now knowturkish and Kurdish, no thanks to him! He never helps me learn anything haha. I like ur story though, it makes me curious :)

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

please don't immediately hate me:

i was being a ####### on dating websites while secretly hoping to meet someone i can settle with. i've been chatting with several women at the same time, and attempting to be a ####### when an opportunity presented itself. i was on both a local website, and one overseas. i was going to korea for vacation so i decided to line up some women that i can be a ####### with for a couple weeks. even planned a trip to the philippines so i can be a ####### over there too.

in the meantime, i have been chatting with my fiancee, who obviously wasn't my fiancee at the time...and she seemed terribly uninterested except the few chit chats we shared for several weeks before my actual trip. she would often text me and say: "text you latter" which i knew meant, she's done talking, and i wouldn't be hearing from her for several days..if not weeks. i wasn't the clingy type, since, after all, i was only in it to be a #######.

all my responsibilities as a brand new ####### were ready for korea + philippines. one day, when i was at my uncle's house, she calls me and says "i'm lonely." we talked for several hours...she laughed a lot. then later asked me to sing her a song. i thought "#######?" to myself, and sang her aerosmith's don't wanna miss a thing. i forgot the lyrics halfway and stopped, and she yelled at me for stopping and demanded i continue.

she sounded like she wanted to meet when i got to korea. so, when i land in seoul, which is in the upper west side of korea. upon landing, i had to go to the southern tip for a business meeting before i can see to my ####### itinerary...the trip would be a 3 hour train ride. she wanted to come see me immediately. so she takes a cab, goes to the train station...and i'm also headed to that train station from the airport.

we meet. we're awkward. we chit chat. we laugh. we take a train ride to the south of South Korea. she bought her ticket much later than i did, so i had a seat which i let her take, and i stood for 3 hours next to her while sitting on empty seats that became available between stations until someone would come and say "that's my seat." anyway, to shorten things up... i forfeit my ####### itinerary, i cancelled the trip to the philippines. i stayed with her from beginning to end while i was in korea, and eventually suggested we get married so we can be together.

she's a 4th generation korean from russia. (koreans fled japanese occupation before world war 2 and many have been living in russia.) she's been living in korea for 6 years on an expired visa and expired passport. she returned to russia as i began preparing the i-129f. we chat on skype everyday. sometimes we just leave the video cam on and we go about our daily lives and it's like virtually being next to each other. she complains it's cold. i complain it's cold in los angeles. she says it's -19 celsius, and then i just shut up because it's like... +19 celsius here.

yup.

Edited by P A U L

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

please don't immediately hate me:

i was being a ####### on dating websites while secretly hoping to meet someone i can settle with. i've been chatting with several women at the same time, and attempting to be a ####### when an opportunity presented itself. i was on both a local website, and one overseas. i was going to korea for vacation so i decided to line up some women that i can be a ####### with for a couple weeks. even planned a trip to the philippines so i can be a ####### over there too.

in the meantime, i have been chatting with my fiancee, who obviously wasn't my fiancee at the time...and she seemed terribly uninterested except the few chit chats we shared for several weeks before my actual trip. she would often text me and say: "text you latter" which i knew meant, she's done talking, and i wouldn't be hearing from her for several days..if not weeks. i wasn't the clingy type, since, after all, i was only in it to be a #######.

all my responsibilities as a brand new ####### were ready for korea + philippines. one day, when i was at my uncle's house, she calls me and says "i'm lonely." we talked for several hours...she laughed a lot. then later asked me to sing her a song. i thought "#######?" to myself, and sang her aerosmith's don't wanna miss a thing. i forgot the lyrics halfway and stopped, and she yelled at me for stopping and demanded i continue.

she sounded like she wanted to meet when i got to korea. so, when i land in seoul, which is in the upper west side of korea. upon landing, i had to go to the southern tip for a business meeting before i can see to my ####### itinerary...the trip would be a 3 hour train ride. she wanted to come see me immediately. so she takes a cab, goes to the train station...and i'm also headed to that train station from the airport.

we meet. we're awkward. we chit chat. we laugh. we take a train ride to the south of South Korea. she bought her ticket much later than i did, so i had a seat which i let her take, and i stood for 3 hours next to her while sitting on empty seats that became available between stations until someone would come and say "that's my seat." anyway, to shorten things up... i forfeit my ####### itinerary, i cancelled the trip to the philippines. i stayed with her from beginning to end while i was in korea, and eventually suggested we get married so we can be together.

she's a 4th generation korean from russia. (koreans fled japanese occupation before world war 2 and many have been living in russia.) she's been living in korea for 6 years on an expired visa and expired passport. she returned to russia as i began preparing the i-129f. we chat on skype everyday. sometimes we just leave the video cam on and we go about our daily lives and it's like virtually being next to each other. she complains it's cold. i complain it's cold in los angeles. she says it's -19 celsius, and then i just shut up because it's like... +19 celsius here.

yup.

HAHA....you made me laugh with the "she complains it's -19C there and then you just shut up since it's +19C in LA". LOL You'd better not complain! She'll shove you out into the Siberian woods and then we'll see if you're complaining about the freezing cold in LA...LOL :D I think she'll get to LA and she'll be like "WOW! It's summer in LA during December". LOL :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I met my wife when I ordered a black coffee with 2 sugars from her....except she wasn't an employee Of that coffee shop..... Then she had a loud mouth, started asking me all sorts of questions....she spoke English fair....now 12 years later, she also speaks fluent French.....Louis vuitton, Chanel, Dior....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.