jimisteel

Coming to the U.S. intending on having a baby

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i know people that have done it. They do it just for the baby to have citizenship, not for themselves. They leave shortly after baby is born. I would say it is fraud technically because unless she indicated her purpose of coming here is to give birth then she is lying. Also the people I know pay for their hospital stay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

i know people that have done it. They do it just for the baby to have citizenship, not for themselves. They leave shortly after baby is born. I would say it is fraud technically because unless she indicated her purpose of coming here is to give birth then she is lying. Also the people I know pay for their hospital stay

Yes, I know of a "business" that specializes in arranging for women from Russia to come to Miami to have their baby here so the child can have US citizenship. The mother pays for the stay and the hospital bill. After the baby is born and the paperwork is done they return to Russia.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Birth tourism is alive and well in the US: http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/10/28/8511587-born-in-the-usa-birth-tourists-get-instant-us-citizenship-for-their-newborns?lite

While I think more people using tourist visas to have babies in the US are coming from different backgrounds than those in the article above, ultimately I'm not positive it's fraud. Having a baby in the US, which amounts to a medical procedure in essence, is a type of medical tourism, which most develop countries seek to promote. What is problematic is when people do so without paying the medical costs themselves, taking advantage of the fact that the babies' future US citizenship qualifies them for state-aided medical coverage of prenatal care and birth and such. But this is not an issue in the immigration sense as it's neither an immigration violation nor a criminal one (the medical assistance is technically for the US citizen baby, not the mom), so what they are doing is actually legal, especially provided their visa status remains current and they aren't violating it by working or anything else. No, that baby will not be able to petition them for a visa until they reach the age of 21 and even then, a child won't qualify to file a waiver for a parent if any other immigration issues besides overstay of visa come into play. Who knows what the ultimate motive is for having the baby in the US, although country conditions stand to play a big role, for sure. Enfuriating to be using public money, sure. But fraud, probably not?

I want TPS from USCIS? HA HA

I don't think you would want to qualify for TPS, though. The countries' citizens eligible for TPS are either torn apart by war or natural disaster at the moment, and as the title of the status indicates, it's temporary, only valid until the country conditions return to the same crappy conditions they were before the war or natural disaster.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

But you gotta look at it this way too....with all the probelms in Syria would you want to live there and have your baby there? I don't agree with it but I can have compassion for her because the situation there is very bad.

I agree with you hamigirl.It is not our business minding other people lives. It is their call not yours so leave them alone.some people are so backstabbing. Is that selfishness???

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

She is illegal, and it is true that having her child born in the US will make the child a US Citizen. This is when it gets politics and has been a major controversial subject on this matter. Many are in the same shoes thinking if they have a child here in the US being illegal themselves, it will allow them to stay and not get deported but, its half and half. Life will be hard for her, and she will be using the child, when born, to get by and relied on public assistance/ social welfare. She has no SS#, no legal status and will not get any because she is illegal. Again, because of the child, she will get something to get by for the child from welfare.

Filed: Timeline

from what I am reading this lady came here legally. The slaughter in Syria is outrageous. Every day there are photos of children murdered in the streets. Entire cities wiped out. Who wouldn't dream of a better life. Survival. Sure there are makeshift villages in turkey to help. But these people live in tents, and its getting colder in east turkey. Little food or water. Its astonishing. So, I support the mother wanting more for her child. It was not done to just bleed the American people of their tax dollars. She doesn't want her or her child to die!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a tourist visa lasts for a maximum of 6 months, not 9.

She cannot stay, even though her baby will be a US citizen- the US citizen baby cannot petition for its mother until s/he is 21 years old. So your friend is either lying to you or doesn't understand how immigration works.

good.gif

I guess the US taxpayers are picking up the medical care tab too

RIGHT SOMETHING NEEEDS TO HAPPEN

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She must have applied for TPS, which should be good for another year.

That's my thought as well.

It'd be GREAT, SuperDuper, even, if'n the OP studied all of her documents and cards issued by USCIS/DHS.

She is illegal, and it is true that having her child born in the US will make the child a US Citizen. This is when it gets politics and has been a major controversial subject on this matter. Many are in the same shoes thinking if they have a child here in the US being illegal themselves, it will allow them to stay and not get deported but, its half and half. Life will be hard for her, and she will be using the child, when born, to get by and relied on public assistance/ social welfare. She has no SS#, no legal status and will not get any because she is illegal. Again, because of the child, she will get something to get by for the child from welfare.

But she's not illegal - she applied for, and got, TPS.

She's now eligible for a SSN and can work when she has it.

TPS is cool, when it works.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

from what I am reading this lady came here legally. The slaughter in Syria is outrageous. Every day there are photos of children murdered in the streets. Entire cities wiped out. Who wouldn't dream of a better life. Survival. Sure there are makeshift villages in turkey to help. But these people live in tents, and its getting colder in east turkey. Little food or water. Its astonishing. So, I support the mother wanting more for her child. It was not done to just bleed the American people of their tax dollars. She doesn't want her or her child to die!

Totally agree here. I usually do not support tax payers abuse of any kind but I can't blame the mother in that case. Things are bad in Syria for a couple of months now. Who knows what she has been through herself before coming here?? Who are we to judge her? Pregnant in Syria, with all that horror. Poor woman. Who knows what happened to the father...If it would have been me and I had the opportunity to leave in a develop country like the US I wouldn't think twice: you just take the f*** plane. I really hope she will get asylum, I don't mind paying taxes for people who have nothing else left in life.

AOS Sent: 2012-04-25

AP: Sent 2012-04-25

EAD:Sent 2012-04-25

NOA (email) : 2012-05-08

NOA (hard copy) 2012-05-14

RFE for 2011 Tax return: May 29th 2012

Biometrics appointment letter: June 7th 2012

RFE Response Review: June 21st 2012

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Biometrics appointment: 2012-06-28

Second RFE Review: July 30th, 2012 Hopefully now things will move on!

EAD/AP Approved/Card Production August 13th 2012

Email for Interview scheduled September 19th, August 14th 2012

Hard Copy Interview notice: August 15th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card in hand: August 20th 2012

Interview:approved on the spot, stamp in passport: September 19th 2012

GC in hand: September 29h

See you for ROC in two years!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

she got asylum, she has a green card , she's here legally under TPS as she applied for TPS and got TPS.

IMO, the OP 'led us on' by simply not being complete with all of the information .

Oh Well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

So let's say I am a wealthy Norwegian, Swiss or Canadian Man (I think the trio can be argued as being low on the low fraud countries, yes?) and I have a Wife who was having difficult pregnancies, could I apply for say a visa to the US for her to be under the care of a fop flight medical professional in the USA?

Couldn't the end result of the visit be the safe delivery of my offspring and that the US citizenship is just a collateral damage?

Discuss.

So let's say I am a wealthy Norwegian, Swiss or Canadian Man (I think the trio can be argued as being low on the low fraud countries, yes?) and I have a Wife who was having difficult pregnancies, could I apply for say a visa to the US for her to be under the care of a fop flight medical professional in the USA?

Couldn't the end result of the visit be the safe delivery of my offspring and that the US citizenship is just a collateral damage?

Discuss.

Yes you technically could do this...as long as the medical bills are being paid by said wealthy man...their are wealthy Americans that have done this just so their children can have citizenship in other counties. Those who have the funds to do this I say go for it. But those who do it for the wrong reasons is the problem. My sister works for the state and she says people come in on a regular bases with tourist visas and get assistance for one thing or the other.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The country the lady is from is not that material.

One of the uses of a B2 is to seek medical help, part of the application would include medical evidence and proof of funds for treatment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.