42 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Site-Related Discussion to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum.

IT'S CONDITIONAL

Doesn't matter. Unless you can prove she entered into the marriage in bad faith, you have no power to take her green card and she can file to remove conditions on residency on her own.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There is a possible solution.

Do exactly as she asks. Let her move out and establish her own life. Do not get a divorce. As a married conditional green card holder, she will need you, her USC spouse, in order to remove the condition. If you don't cooperate, her green card will expire and she will lose it.

If you get a divorce, she can remove the condition alone by proving she entered the marriage in good faith.

There is a danger. If she is desperate to keep her green card, she could accuse you of abuse to file to remove the condition under the VAWA.

Edited by aaron2020

There is a possible solution.

Do exactly as she asks. Let her move out and establish her own life. Do not get a divorce. As a married conditional green card holder, she will need you, her USC spouse, in order to remove the condition. If you don't cooperate, her green card will expire and she will lose it.

If you get a divorce, she can remove the condition alone by proving she entered the marriage in good faith.

There is a danger. If she is desperate to keep her green card, she could accuse you of abuse to file to remove the condition under the VAWA.

Or she could file for divorce herself. My ex was totally unwilling to cooperate and I still had no trouble getting a divorce. Your scenario might work, or it might give her "proof" for USCIS that she entered into the marriage in good faith as it lasted several years before divorce/ROC.

Personally, I would divorce immediately and move on. If you think she used you for a GC, notify USCIS in writing. They'll have that information when she files for ROC and the burden will be on her to prove her marriage was entered into in good faith.

Unfortunately, your mistake was to go to the interview with her. Had you not gone, she would not have been approved.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You already posted this EXACT thing here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394626-need-advice/ you got answers there. I will report this thread to me merged.

I have been married 10 months to my visa wife. I put her on my bank account and had 15,000 dollars. At first it was bliss but then

she never seems to be happy unless she was shopping. I know she misses her family a lot and I would always console her when she cried.

To start a fresh beginning we decided to tour the state for a new home and move. At first it was alright,sharing in the newness of the

city, taking hikes. But once again she became sad and became critical. She would stay on her computer for hours or run off to go shopping

The bank account is now down to 5000 dollars 6 months later. If we got into a conformation, some of them I think she would purposely start,

she would take off for hours. One night I woke up at 12:00 to find that she was gone and did not come home until 10:00 am that morning.

She has began fabricating stories and making everything my fault. Even the night before she got her green card she played the I'm moving

home card and left for the night. I got a phone call to meet her at a hotel room that was near our capital 30 miles away. She was approved

and received her conditional green card. She started looking for work and got a job. The Saturday before she was to start work I came home

from A Homeless Ministry and found her car pack with everything she owned including her cat and dog. 2 days later she transferred 1200 dollars

a personal account she set up. A week later she was back in the home. That lasted a week until once again she threatened to move. She had

been drinking so I told her she could not drive. She walked off at 8:00 and told me to leave her alone.

I don't know what to think she rented a home on the other side of town and she says she does not want a divorce nor couples counselling.

We have began seeing each other ... Things were the best today in months ... I want her happy ... I cooked her a quiche before she came and got some more stuff ... I was a good day...

I WANT HER PLACE SAFE SO I AM PUTTING IN ALARMS AND WINDOW LOCKS AND BOLT LOCKS ...

SHE COULD BE SITTING ON HER ACRE LOT LOOKING OUT AT THE TREES IN PEACE. SHELTER IN A large 3 BED HOME ENJOYING THE FIRE PLACE SITTING SAFELY ....

TIME WILL TELL

Got a funny well you decide ... She is in a scary area and bought a gun for protection without me knowing ... She took one shot and didn't like it...

She had to do this on her own too! Wow this is my petite professional wife "Core Blimey Mates" whats a yank to do I LOVE HER

Edited by Oneness

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

petite? feed her 11 kg o poutine each day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 9 months later...

I thought this was it last February I moved in with my wife thinking we were reconciling to find out 5 months later she took me in because I would have been homeless. I could have always moved back home but that was 2 hours away and difficult to reconcile. Fast forward 2 months ago she asked me to leave "It was her home" I am retired so I went back home and we have not had verbal communication. Her texting has become either very hostel or very needy. Last month she quit her job gave up her home, last week she said she was homeless and I told her she could come down where I lived only to find out the next day her roommate did want the animals. The next day she wants to come up with a settlement to give her for alimony, after not replying in her amount of time she told me she'd see me in court. I have not heard anything about that. Now she texted me saying " I need 2 people who have known us since we married to say we entered into the marriage with good faith for immigration, can you help me with this please"

I think she wants to fill out I-751

I don't know if I am dealing with multiple personalities and / or bipolar disorder

I need advice quickly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OP...you not dealing with a sick person with multiple personalities sad.png You are dealing with what I and others would call...a user, this person used you, and they will do this as long as you allow her to. GET AWAY from her NOW!!!!!!!!!! File for divorce get away from her do not speak with her move your money to a new bank and STOP YOUR insanity. I understand your love for her, I loved my spouse a ton, but really. I do not know where you live but most states give spousal support for half the time of the marriage sad.png It is like Sandra told you back in October, you were scammed (as was I mine used to say "I want jewelry") See all of my post and what I have been through. Cut off the money before she uses your money to bankroll a divorce against you. GET OUT NOW!!!!!! I was blessed with ex that had pride and would not call for money or anything else. I will tell you it sounds like this, when she quit her job and moved, sounds like a new man in her life, hey it's what my ex did. She more than likely will not sue using the I864 these cases are rare, can she yes, but...the cases are very rare and very difficult to win. Also it is a scam for woman to hold onto the marriage to get as much as possible and then move on. This is what is happening to you, she needs or wants those statement to prove bona fide marriage oneness, do not get them for her, one of the many things she needs for bona fide marriage, no bona fide marriage,,, no green card. Let her remove conditions on her own and pay for her own green card and try to heal your heart that you gave to this woman and she used it for a door mat, sorry for your loss of your love and my deepest feelings go with you at this very difficult stage in life smile.png Trust me when I say I know how you feel read all of my posts. And you will know when you see them I know how you feel.

Edited by Brian1967##

My VisaJourne Friend.. It is unfortunately your situation has turned for the worth.. However, you can still turn this around if you are willing.. No matter what advise we give you here, you have to make a decision..

Your spouse has taken advantage and it is sad she is making a bad reputation to the rest or those to come.

You need an attorney or you will lose it all including your sanity.

Print all the memos we have shared as documentation this has been going since last year.. at the same time it will help you [hopefully] to document her real interest and avoid her getting permanent residence.

Best Of Luck

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

• 3 weeks later...

Should I try and file for an annulment

OP...you not dealing with a sick person with multiple personalities sad.png You are dealing with what I and others would call...a user, this person used you, and they will do this as long as you allow her to. GET AWAY from her NOW!!!!!!!!!! File for divorce get away from her do not speak with her move your money to a new bank and STOP YOUR insanity. I understand your love for her, I loved my spouse a ton, but really. I do not know where you live but most states give spousal support for half the time of the marriage sad.png It is like Sandra told you back in October, you were scammed (as was I mine used to say "I want jewelry") See all of my post and what I have been through. Cut off the money before she uses your money to bankroll a divorce against you. GET OUT NOW!!!!!! I was blessed with ex that had pride and would not call for money or anything else. I will tell you it sounds like this, when she quit her job and moved, sounds like a new man in her life, hey it's what my ex did. She more than likely will not sue using the I864 these cases are rare, can she yes, but...the cases are very rare and very difficult to win. Also it is a scam for woman to hold onto the marriage to get as much as possible and then move on. This is what is happening to you, she needs or wants those statement to prove bona fide marriage oneness, do not get them for her, one of the many things she needs for bona fide marriage, no bona fide marriage,,, no green card. Let her remove conditions on her own and pay for her own green card and try to heal your heart that you gave to this woman and she used it for a door mat, sorry for your loss of your love and my deepest feelings go with you at this very difficult stage in life smile.png Trust me when I say I know how you feel read all of my posts. And you will know when you see them I know how you feel.

Thank you Brian ... Do you think i might have grounds for an annulment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.