ClaireMaya

Problems with B1/B2 visa etc

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

In Argentina only renewals of B1/B2 visas, that are still valid or expired less than a year ago, can be granted without an interview.

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/how-to-apply.html

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

LIFE is correct. NOBODY gets any type of US visa without an interview. What happens is that some people get easy interviews and others had/long interviews then they are either approved or denied. After approval DHL delivers your package to the address the recipient has given.

Considering you're from Greece and how it's economy is in shambles I'd deny you and many others too for fear you will not return home. And even if you have a visa, airport immigration may send on the next plane home if you appear to have ulterior motives other than visiting/legitimate legal business on a B1/B2 visa.

If you want to improve your chances to get a visa get married to your NON American citizen boyfriend, pop out some kids, get settled in a nice secure position at work for a few years, own some property wait a few years, pray your economy stabilizes and start to grow then reapply.

For your course study you need a regular F1 visa but you most likely will run into the same problems.

Hello and thank you for the F1 suggestion. But don't you think it's outrageous to go through all that marriage, kids stuff etc, in order to get a visa? C'mon!

Edited by ClaireMaya

Timeline

The visa denials may be more dealing with the fact that your country has a serious economy problem. Is there a reason you didn't use the VWP, were you trying to stay longer than the 90 days.

By the VWP program, do not give out physical visas,it gives notification after you have applied on-line.

I did the terrible mistake to fill it out incorrectly answering yes to question B. But I only have a traffic accident in my record, expunged about a decade ago.

Timeline

That might be incorrect (maybe not now, but in the future, tho I don't know how it is in Greece).

I dunno how it is in Greece, but in Poland, in 5-6 years, you'll be able to get a visa without an interview.

But you will have to meet some conditions...

http://poland.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/applicants-that-do-not-require-interviews.html

Tho I'm surprised the OP didn't use VWP since Greece participate in this program.

OP, maybe your friends weren't Greeks and they had a similar thing which will be effective in Poland in a couple of years?

My friends are Greek. Wealthy and upper class to be more specific. The one of them got a visa without an interview long before the VWP was introduced. The other was banned for years in the past when much younger (due to this intent immigrant suspicions we're talking about) but then got married, got a kid etc and got a visa without an interview. The other is a young boy going for studies in some university. They don't have a reason to lie to brag about it.

My friends are Greek. Wealthy and upper class to be more specific. The one of them got a visa without an interview long before the VWP was introduced. The other was banned for years in the past when much younger (due to this intent immigrant suspicions we're talking about) but then got married, got a kid etc and got a visa without an interview. The other is a young boy going for studies in some university. They don't have a reason to lie to brag about it.

Why are you comparing apples to organges, give me break.

A visa that was given out more than 10 years ago

A spouse visa is totaly different than a vistor visa.

a student visa does require going to the embassy/consular

Now talk to someone who has obtained a vistor visa after 9/11.

Timeline

Why are you comparing apples to organges, give me break.

A visa that was given out more than 10 years ago

A spouse visa is totaly different than a vistor visa.

a student visa does require going to the embassy/consular

Now talk to someone who has obtained a vistor visa after 9/11.

the last 2 cases are after 9/11.

I did the terrible mistake to fill it out incorrectly answering yes to question B. But I only have a traffic accident in my record, expunged about a decade ago.

I don't wanna stay more than 90 days. About a month a half really.

Timeline

LIFE is correct. NOBODY gets any type of US visa without an interview. What happens is that some people get easy interviews and others had/long interviews then they are either approved or denied. After approval DHL delivers your package to the address the recipient has given.

Considering you're from Greece and how it's economy is in shambles I'd deny you and many others too for fear you will not return home. And even if you have a visa, airport immigration may send on the next plane home if you appear to have ulterior motives other than visiting/legitimate legal business on a B1/B2 visa.

If you want to improve your chances to get a visa get married to your NON American citizen boyfriend, pop out some kids, get settled in a nice secure position at work for a few years, own some property wait a few years, pray your economy stabilizes and start to grow then reapply.

For your course study you need a regular F1 visa but you most likely will run into the same problems.

To be more specific, it's a 30-hours (4 days) certified informational seminar on my field of study and practice, more like a conference rather than a series of classes. Do I need a F visa for that? That's the only thing I want to know. Thank you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

To be more specific, it's a 30-hours (4 days) certified informational seminar on my field of study and practice, more like a conference rather than a series of classes. Do I need a F visa for that? That's the only thing I want to know. Thank you.

Hi there,

I am sorry for some of the rude comments made above. Nobody should judge or assume facts let alone being aggressive. You may want to visit" www.uscis.gov ", there you can go through all forms and see what is applicable in your case.

Have you ever tried to contact a consular officer by e-mail explaining what you need and ask for the type of visa that you need? Also note that you need to be very short and strait to the point so they can help you with the present situation.

As for the others, Greece was admitted on 04.05.2010 to participate in the WVP, you don't know when she applied the first three times.

I will have to agree also that nobody gets a visa per say without an interview. I am Swiss and I came here a lot on WVP for business trips, shopping and leisure. Due to dual citizenships for many of travelers from the WVP and some of them with certain travel destinations, they issued for all WVP travelers a system that requires to register prior to the travel in order to receive the permission to enter the US. That being said even with a visa on the passport a traveler can be denied the entry in the US at the time of the arrival. This happened a few years back, it was posted on VJ.

Best regards,

Andrea

If after 9/11 your 'friends' are either lying or telling you half truths. The only time a person doesn't have to appear for an interview (B1/B2) and actually get a visa (if approved) is if you are over 80 or under 6 years old. About 15 years ago kids 12 and younger didn't have to go.

Can't help you with info for the student visa but the link below brings you to the area of VJ that can tell you what you need to know.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/142-student-%26-exchange-visitor-visas/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

for the sort of course you describe a Visitor Visa would be sufficient.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

No one is missing anything, she has yet to say why she wasn't trying or couldn't use the VWP. Since there was no responds back from when this was previous asked, it's best to leave it alone.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you DHS recently announced an expanded list of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) designated-degree programs that qualify eligible graduates on student visas for an optional practical training (OPT) extension. The new list of STEM degree programs includes such fields as pharmaceutical sciences, econometrics, and veterinary sciences. The full list can be found here. http://www.ice.gov/d...f/stem-list.pdf

http://www.natlawrev...degree-programs

Filed: Timeline

No ones US visa just shows up at their house without an interview, so anyone who says that they have applied for a US visa and this is how it was handled is not being truthful.

The consular has the final say in whom they give US visas too, therefore if they are refusing you a visa then something has them concern.

Such as your age, your country economics, what is the chnace you would return if there is nothing for you to return for. The mere facts that the people you wish to visit are just friends. Taking classes, are not allowed on a visitor visa, your reasons don't agree with the type of visa you are requesting.

Just from your post, I can poke 100 holes, so think about a person whi sees these requests all day long. Your story probably sound just like the person who interviwed before you.

Agree with your post. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.