ClaireMaya

Problems with B1/B2 visa etc

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

What do you do when the consular officers at your local office have obviously made it a habit refusing your B1/B2 applications (did it 3 times already) without any explanations and never giving any helpful advice, being aggressive towards you, never being satisfied with any of your answer, always look suspicious trying to prove you're lying, not checking the evidence you provide to prove your ties, and generally seem to be happy to bring you into a dead-end frustrated situation acting like they're having a personal problem with you? What is this power trip and abuse of power anyway?

Some friends invited me to their place on April and with this and that, I never managed to go visit them. In the meantime their father's health is deteriorating, he's in and out of the hospital the past few months, and he might be dying anytime cause he's old and unstable, and I really want to see him before he passes away and so he does; I'd love to be there to spend time with my friends and to help their father by offer him healing treatments we know it would be beneficial, but of course the consular officer "will never fall that sentimental reason"!

Next thing is I'd like to attend a 30-hours non-accredited course on my field of expertise that it takes place only in the US, and I don't know which type of visa I should apply for, and if I should apply at all, considering all this negative background. Of course the Consulate is not of any help and doesn't provide any answers of this nature, or more specifically they reply without providing any answers.

As if we didn't have enough problems, we have this guys making our life miserable with all these moronic bureaucratic nonsense. And it's even more infuriating when I hear people saying that they don't even show up for interviews at the Consulate and they just have their approved visas delivered straight to their house. What is this discrimination?

It's the most horrid experience I've had during my traveling life, and I have been to many places. I'd like to go see my friends and take some courses that are only available there, but I honestly get disgusted with the idea of having to get the consulate and talk to these people again.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Edited by ClaireMaya

No ones US visa just shows up at their house without an interview, so anyone who says that they have applied for a US visa and this is how it was handled is not being truthful.

The consular has the final say in whom they give US visas too, therefore if they are refusing you a visa then something has them concern.

Such as your age, your country economics, what is the chnace you would return if there is nothing for you to return for. The mere facts that the people you wish to visit are just friends. Taking classes, are not allowed on a visitor visa, your reasons don't agree with the type of visa you are requesting.

Just from your post, I can poke 100 holes, so think about a person whi sees these requests all day long. Your story probably sound just like the person who interviwed before you.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

No ones US visa just shows up at their house without an interview, so anyone who says that they have applied for a US visa and this is how it was handled is not being truthful.

The consular has the final say in whom they give US visas too, therefore if they are refusing you a visa then something has them concern.

Such as your age, your country economics, what is the chnace you would return if there is nothing for you to return for. The mere facts that the people you wish to visit are just friends. Taking classes, are not allowed on a visitor visa, your reasons don't agree with the type of visa you are requesting.

Just from your post, I can poke 100 holes, so think about a person whi sees these requests all day long. Your story probably sound just like the person who interviwed before you.

Hello and thank you for your answer. I know it sounds melodramatic and very common, but this how they make it !!

I'm afraid people do deliver US visas at their house without showing up for interview (2 best friends of mine and 1 client confirm it).

I was applying for B1/B2 to go meet friends and seeing the country - not to attend classes.

I NOW want to attend a class and I'd like to know if this course falls into the M type of visa or else what?

Thank you.

:thumbs:

To the OP, what set of your circumstances have you changed on your 3 attempts to get a visa? Do you keep going back with the same story and same evidence expecting different results?

I am not going to argue the point with your friends, but the US visa process is such that all petitioners are interviwed prior to be given a visa. Now the visa will be sent via DHL to their address, but they are interviwed prior to the fact.

What has changed in your situation since your intial interview,

Do you have a job to go back to?

What is your age?

Do you own property?

Do you have a responsiblity to family in Greece?

Are you a male or female?

Timeline

I am not going to argue the point with your friends, but the US visa process is such that all petitioners are interviwed prior to be given a visa. Now the visa will be sent via DHL to their address, but they are interviwed prior to the fact.

What has changed in your situation since your intial interview,

Do you have a job to go back to?

What is your age?

Do you own property?

Do you have a responsiblity to family in Greece?

Are you a male or female?

I'm 35. Female. I run a registered educational center and company, paying taxes etc. I'm afraid I don't own any property, I share rent and utility bills for a house with my boyfriend, and I used to pay rent, bills for an office. I am not married. Obviously I cannot change my life or come up with false evidence to prove something has changed in order to qualify.

:thumbs:

To the OP, what set of your circumstances have you changed on your 3 attempts to get a visa? Do you keep going back with the same story and same evidence expecting different results?

Perhaps the 1st and 2nd was the same, but the 3rd was different , and it was 4 months later.

Timeline

Have you traveled outside of Greece to any other country, i.e UK, etc?

Been to Japan 3 times. To Australia once. To UK about 20 times. To India and Nepal 3 times. Been to Thailand, Burma, Germany, Ireland etc, most East West Europe countries. I showed them my old passport, cause I had to go and apply with a new passport.

LIFE is correct. NOBODY gets any type of US visa without an interview. What happens is that some people get easy interviews and others had/long interviews then they are either approved or denied. After approval DHL delivers your package to the address the recipient has given.

Considering you're from Greece and how it's economy is in shambles I'd deny you and many others too for fear you will not return home. And even if you have a visa, airport immigration may send on the next plane home if you appear to have ulterior motives other than visiting/legitimate legal business on a B1/B2 visa.

If you want to improve your chances to get a visa get married to your NON American citizen boyfriend, pop out some kids, get settled in a nice secure position at work for a few years, own some property wait a few years, pray your economy stabilizes and start to grow then reapply.

For your course study you need a regular F1 visa but you most likely will run into the same problems.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

why did you apply for a visa and did not travel under VWP?

I was wondering the same.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

LIFE is correct. NOBODY gets any type of US visa without an interview.

That might be incorrect (maybe not now, but in the future, tho I don't know how it is in Greece).

I dunno how it is in Greece, but in Poland, in 5-6 years, you'll be able to get a visa without an interview.

But you will have to meet some conditions...

You may be eligible to apply for a visa without appearing in person for an interview. Please read carefully the following instructions.

<...>

Some applicants are eligible for a waiver of interview. Please read the qualifications carefully below and follow the instructions below.

<...>

Applicants whose personal data has not changed and who meet all of the following conditions:

1. Received a visa after December 10, 2007 and had their fingers scanned

<...>

3. Are applying for a visa in the same category as the previous visa, unless:

- their most recent B1/B2 visa was issued for less than ten years,

<...>

4. Are applying for the new visa within 12 months of the expiration date of the old visa.

http://poland.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/applicants-that-do-not-require-interviews.html

Tho I'm surprised the OP didn't use VWP since Greece participate in this program.

OP, maybe your friends weren't Greeks and they had a similar thing which will be effective in Poland in a couple of years?

Edited by Asia

That might be incorrect (maybe not now, but in the future, tho I don't know how it is in Greece).

I dunno how it is in Greece, but in Poland, in 5-6 years, you'll be able to get a visa without an interview.

But you will have to meet some conditions...

http://poland.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/applicants-that-do-not-require-interviews.html

Tho I'm surprised the OP didn't use VWP since Greece participate in this program.

OP, maybe your friends weren't Greeks and they had a similar thing which will be effective in Poland in a couple of years?

This statement is a contradiction of itself.

Been to Japan 3 times. To Australia once. To UK about 20 times. To India and Nepal 3 times. Been to Thailand, Burma, Germany, Ireland etc, most East West Europe countries. I showed them my old passport, cause I had to go and apply with a new passport.

The visa denials may be more dealing with the fact that your country has a serious economy problem. Is there a reason you didn't use the VWP, were you trying to stay longer than the 90 days.

By the VWP program, do not give out physical visas,it gives notification after you have applied on-line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.