ClaireMaya

Problems with B1/B2 visa etc

52 posts in this topic

Ι only met the son in person, in the past, when he was traveling in EU and became good friends. The rest of them I met them and know them through Skype and/or phone only. * Why?

Because I don't see why you want so badly to visit a friend's father you have never met before. People generally are not moved to great lengths to meet their friends' parents.

Unless this guy is your boyfriend, in which case you have left a lot out of your story.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

To the OP:

I do understand your frustration and can't really say anything other than I'm sorry. What I would do is try ESTA about 6 months after your most recent denial. It costs $14 to fill out, you can try as often as you like and you get an answer in seconds. Many members here have successfully been approved for the VWP after a previous B-2 visa denial. But it may take time.

And one more thing, do you have any idea if one has to attach documents (e.g. evidence proving ties, criminal record etc) when applying for ESTA (cause there's a Browse/Attach Documents field - what's that for?). Thank U !

Timeline

Because I don't see why you want so badly to visit a friend's father you have never met before. People generally are not moved to great lengths to meet their friends' parents.

Unless this guy is your boyfriend, in which case you have left a lot out of your story.

I am a therapist, I travel short and long distances to teach and treat people. It's my spiritual duty to be of help when people seem to need me, not to mention when they call me for help.

And after so many times talking to this person and seeing him in my Skype screen, it's like I know him for years. And it's not that I want to travel so BADLY for HIM, but that I'd love to be there to help him and I wish I could. There's a difference. I hope you get what I mean. His son is not my boyfriend.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Esta is a yes no deal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The main point here is that my friend invited me over to teach him [on a friendly basis!] certain healing skills (that I happen to teach others too) so that he can take care of his dad more effectively while he's in and out of hospital all these months, becoming more and more physically frail.

[ Am I required to disclose my intimate sexual life, past present and future, to add to the story? LoL! Didn't know I should strip psychologically and sexually for visa purposes, I mean don't you think it all gets very private and intrusive after a point? (i.e. not you, the whole process. ]

Edited by ClaireMaya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The main point here is that my friend invited me over to teach him [on a friendly basis!] certain healing skills (that I happen to teach others too) so that he can take care of his dad more effectively while he's in and out of hospital all these months, becoming more and more physically frail.

[ Am I required to disclose my intimate sexual life, past present and future, to add to the story? LoL! Didn't know I should strip psychologically and sexually for visa purposes, I mean don't you think it all gets very private and intrusive after a point? (i.e. not you, the whole process. ]

It is certainly common on VJ that there are ulterior motives often involved.

Presumably the same things apply at Consulates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.