SingleDad2usc

U-visa certification

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If I wanted to win the WRONG war, I promise I would've won. There are people struggling with colder living - but they've been IN PLACE there. Now, a number of very bad people on this forum have wasted good people's energy in reference to a totally diabolical project: they kept repeating that I should take a US citizen with birth defects, who has never in his life traveled North for one day, and up-root him + his sister off the community that has surrounded them with love and support since early childhood. Why? Because those people are bad enough to spend their energy on convincing me that US Legislature doesn't have a safe way for me to come out of the shade and obtain required permits. Fantastic; they try to convince me that only non-white illiterate persons with varied disabilities should make admirable US citizens. For the terms THEY HAVE COME UP with: "white" "educated" "passport-holder" - there exist no VAWA, no U-visa. To support their humanistic mission, they "paraphrase", take out of context, extrapolate, guess, libel and outright lie. Now, they fulfil a very deserving mission, applauded full-time by other cohorts who make their libel and lie a POPULAR post. This are the hights of an immigration help topic: to mock, to waste, to kill the OP and his child.

What is the explanation for all of the more knowledgable and less knowledgable people to hide the truth about the immigration statutes? Why only 2 members of this vast on-line community, after hundreds of my pleadings, probings and thinking out-loud in bewilderment - have finally figured out that I've been eligible to come out of the shadows all along, since 2003-2004? Why have the crashing majority outright stated: sorry, you have no way that we know. Why am I been blamed that people refuse to share immigration legislature? Is that what this country came down to: Mad Max Thunderdome, everyone kill each other for gas? No room, people of color only, non-English speaking only, illiterate only??

Utter and complete nonsense, and I vote to cease all of this nonsense immediately. Immigration help only, please

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

SINGLEDAD2USC you are a good father no matter what people say. Keep your head up. Your lawyer believes that you have a Vawa case and me too. Some People think you suck no matter what you do, then just ignore them. As long as the world is turning and spinning, we will have people passing judgement on others. We should be here to discuss about immigration and not to question or judge your actions.

I find a bit disturbing how some of you rush to criticize, insult and judging him. When filing Vawa USCIS won't give a damn how long he overstayed, why he overstayed, USCIS will focus about the abuse suffered.

“Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”

(Frederick Buechner).

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Several posts removed. Return to the topic in the OP and discuss it civilly. No personal attacks, no bickering. You have been warned- from now on, any such posts and the member will be thread banned with possible further admin action. ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Alas, the options are not mine. Local officials have long developed a preventive plan, that has particular routines 24/7/365 that address physicians' concerns of child's exposure to harsh elements, which cause child to seize. This is beyond the scope of this forum.

More recently, these authorities assisted, and referred me to consultations leading to obtaining legal permits. Everyone has been heartened and is working diligently toward success. I also thank this forum for support

Sandra it's not that we are judging his filing of VAWA in and of itself, it is that he came here and intentionally remained out of status, has sucked up government benefits which we pay for, places his children at a daily risk of foster care if he is detained, etc. when he could easily move to Canada (which has excellent healthcare) and live and work legally. For such an intelligent man who represented himself in court several times and won, who claims to be well educated, and knows so much about how the system works, I find it absolutely amazing that his lack of legal status was never a concern of his, hence no attempt to educate or research how he might become legal, UNTIL he could no longer drive. Only at that point did he begin to make any effort to obtain legal status.

Question, what will he do if his claim is denied? Will he continue to live here out of status or will he consider other options?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could your family member seek asylum in a neighbouring country?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The "family member" who sought asylum was his wife, who filed a fraudulent asylum claim stating she was single (as it would not have been granted knowing she was married to a Canadian citizen), of which SingleDad had knowledge of her filing and receiving asylum. It is now his hope that her fraud was not detected in the past ten or so years and that he can obtain a green card by VAWA based upon her having or having had within the past two years a green card/citizenship. According to what she told the court via phone during a hearing she was deported from the US and banned for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The "family member" who sought asylum was his wife, who filed a fraudulent asylum claim stating she was single (as it would not have been granted knowing she was married to a Canadian citizen), of which SingleDad had knowledge of her filing and receiving asylum. It is now his hope that her fraud was not detected in the past ten or so years and that he can obtain a green card by VAWA based upon her having or having had within the past two years a green card/citizenship. According to what she told the court via phone during a hearing she was deported from the US and banned for 10 years.

No, Boiler is talking to Purplepenguins post. Read the post above boilers and you will understand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No, Boiler is talking to Purplepenguins post. Read the post above boilers and you will understand.

I was, but Belinda's reply does mention some additional complications.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Boiler, safe for a couple of people, interest groups troll here. All posts bear no relation to OP topic. Posters feed each other's innuendo: first troll makes up that either of the spouse's had immigration intention. Next troll makes up that determining merit for political asylum would shift 100% from YES to NO by marriage to a citizen of an irrelevant to political asylum claim. Next lets ignore that OP has never done anything illegal - something even the majority of elected officials can't boast of. Lets make up that he wasn't entitled to a driver's license - while NY judge at the time ruled against NY DMV in a broad decision for issuance of such licenses. So the violaters were some (not all) DMV employees, pre-2010 Real ID Law (which even in 2012 is firmly opposed by a few states in the union). Next lets ignore the terrible 9/11 tragedy that took not just 3,000 innocent, but also one innocent who was worth more for humanity than all trolls combined. I would've given my child for that man not to perish. But fate dealt it: I was tending to a colicky baby, and asked him to go in my place to 104th floor meeting. The consequences of 9/11 trickle down thru life's pyramid. 3,000 died that day, but millions are affected with the progress of time. So eventually wife loses the battle of evils within her head, and goes off the cliff... But lets ignore Domestic Violence. Next? Lets ignore all judges' decisions, all of the judges. What do judges know or care to investigate - we know! Next? Lets ignore all child's medical struggles. Next? Lets ignore all parent's complience with all official directives. And the main point: lets hide from that parent existing legislature! The domestic violence and immigration laws have been in place in the US for someone else: lets characterize this particular victim as "white", "English speaking", "not illiterate", not outright disabled, distressed or scared-looking. Optimistic, constructive people with positive disposition who'll never give up their children, no matter how hard the 24/7 care may be, will not make good citizens. So lets take all OP's positive energy and wrong the right - for the sake of own campaign

Mod asked everyone to stop bickering and discuss only OP topic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.