rj_watt

SINGLE BUT ????

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are here in the Philippines waiting for her anullment. The judge has asked for one more hearing (we were sure the one in August would be the last). I have my I-129F application ready to send in but I just need her anullment papers. I was wondering if I could go ahead and send them in now and tell them she will bring her anullment papers with her to the interview. We have been almost two years working on this and it looks as if this is only a formality now. My thinking is that we would either get to take them to her interview or it would generate a RFE but at least we would have our process started. Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard and Mercie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't do it !!!

You must BOTH be free to marry when you file the I-129F. This would mean her annulment must have been approved.

Read the instructions for the petition carefully.

:yes:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't send anything yet- she is not single/ free to marry at this time. Your petition would be denied and you'd end up loosing time and money.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, i double down on that. As 129f states, you must be free to marry to qualify for sending in valid application / conditions of application. Get all paperwork signed and dated after any required waiting period.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are here in the Philippines waiting for her anullment. The judge has asked for one more hearing (we were sure the one in August would be the last). I have my I-129F application ready to send in but I just need her anullment papers. I was wondering if I could go ahead and send them in now and tell them she will bring her anullment papers with her to the interview. We have been almost two years working on this and it looks as if this is only a formality now. My thinking is that we would either get to take them to her interview or it would generate a RFE but at least we would have our process started. Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard and Mercie

Dont start the filing if not ready, it will be a big question on the process, not just RFE but the qualification( should be both free to marry) and it takes time to get NSO fixed (NSO annotation)after getting the decree from the judge, and according to you, theres still one more hearing..ive been in this kind of situation, if you want a smooth process, you have to wait till your fiancee's annulment is done..Mine took almost 2 years, my first lawyer ripped me off and i took another one but quiet expensive but only took 6 months...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thank you,

Richard and Mercie

After the last hearing it will be submitted to the Solicitor Generals office for final decision if and when annulment is granted...then there are still different process after that..like filing th paper with the civil registry office where marriage was done and where her marriage got annulled..then shall be submitted at the NSO office and you have to wait until the changes will be entered into the database. Besides that, with the I-129F submission this annulment papers needs to be submitted too...Correct me if I am wrong VJ's.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics have been merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Don't do it !!!

You must BOTH be free to marry when you file the I-129F. This would mean her annulment must have been approved.

Read the instructions for the petition carefully.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You are BEGGING for an RFE later my friend! DO NOT send an incomplete file. You must have all the proof and paperwork when you file. Trust me, my good friend got an RFE for divorce papers and has been waiting another additional 2 months on top of the 5-6 she already waited! This isn't Vegas, don't gamble with your immigration. Good luck.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

You are BEGGING for an RFE later my friend! DO NOT send an incomplete file. You must have all the proof and paperwork when you file. Trust me, my good friend got an RFE for divorce papers and has been waiting another additional 2 months on top of the 5-6 she already waited! This isn't Vegas, don't gamble with your immigration. Good luck.

It is not matter of RFE.

Both parties must be free to marry at the time the petition is filed. If they are not, the petition will be outright denied.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm in agreement with everyone else on why you should not send anything in just yet, but I'm also wondering since you are in the Philippines why not wait until the annulment is finalized and get married there? Then submit the I130 instead of I129f once you're back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi..I was in same situations before. Look at my annulment timeline:

May.2012 .... Last court appearance

July 11 .... got Decision

August .... Finality,copies sent to LCR ,LCR sent copy to NSO thu LBC.

September 6... I went to NSO bringing one copy of papers from LCR n requested for MC

September 26.. Will be back for releasing. We are now preparing for 1-129f.

Hope it would help you. Just be patient. God bless us.

Edited by litakeith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.