rj_watt

SINGLE BUT ????

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are here in the Philippines waiting for her anullment. The judge has asked for one more hearing (we were sure the one in August would be the last). I have my I-129F application ready to send in but I just need her anullment papers. I was wondering if I could go ahead and send them in now and tell them she will bring her anullment papers with her to the interview. We have been almost two years working on this and it looks as if this is only a formality now. My thinking is that we would either get to take them to her interview or it would generate a RFE but at least we would have our process started. Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard and Mercie

It will get rejected.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in agreement with everyone else on why you should not send anything in just yet, but I'm also wondering since you are in the Philippines why not wait until the annulment is finalized and get married there? Then submit the I130 instead of I129f once you're back. WOW DIDNT EXPECT SO MANY REPLIES BUT I APPRECAITE THEM ALL!!! I once asked about the difference in doing the K-1 vs the K-3 and everyone has said to do the K-1 but I agree with you that since Im here for the winter I should do the K-3 but now my question is are we able to get married as soon as the judge grants the anullment so we can get started with our I-130?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all the responses, of course it wasn't what I was wanting to hear but I still appreciate all the replys. Now my question is will we be able to get married as soon as the judge gives her approval at the final hearing or do we have to wait until she has clearance from the NSO? If all else fails I am going to try and get her a tourist visa for next summer or hopefully for two months. She is 46 and she has 3 kids and property over here so is it wishful thinking that she will get a tourist visa or do we have a reasonable chance? Thanks again

Richard and Mercie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.