Laci

Lies and deception. Be aware, please!

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi All.

I wish I could send this letter to all of the people who are planning to marry a foreign citizen. I believe, it should be mandatory to read stories about fraudulent marriages at each Embassy, before anything could be approved! I wish I knew all the information I know today! So, do your research and read, read, read! Don't spend a dime until you know the dark side of the marriage with a foreign woman/man.

Briefly; a year long relationship, several trips, 'unconditional love', both single parents, tremendous amount of money spent, happy arrival, more money spent, application for I-485, change, arguments over nothing, tension, frustration, confusion, hopelessness, perhaps divorce and return?, last argument, police called, report, but no arrest, disappears, VAWA suspected, new boyfriends! court filings for OP and RO, dismissed but RO stands, Annulment?, Divorce, temp. spousal support! stress and sadness, settlement offer, divorce.....

Learn from me. Lost everything, money, love, dreams, my daughter, my house. Read, read, read. Find info about fraudulent immigrant marriages and the characteristics of people like this. Find out the tactics of a person like this, how they destroy your marriage and all your dreams with it. Heartless, loveless, emotionless, with only one goal, to get the GC. She was a master of deception and I was very naive. I know I am not the only and there will be others, who will make the same mistake. I wish I could talk to all of them first, before they sign the marriage certificate!

Be informed, that is your best defense!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You are so right...and we all make a gamble in life. I do think all should have both eyes open and also listen to their instincts.I, too feel for anyone who is deceived. But you do have to pull yourself together and rebuild.Do not let this person or situation ever keep you from happiness again.Persevere ....... (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Briefly; a year long relationship, several trips, 'unconditional love', both single parents, tremendous amount of money spent, happy arrival, more money spent, application for I-485, change, arguments over nothing, tension, frustration, confusion, hopelessness, perhaps divorce and return?, last argument, police called, report, but no arrest, disappears, VAWA suspected, new boyfriends! court filings for OP and RO, dismissed but RO stands, Annulment?, Divorce, temp. spousal support! stress and sadness, settlement offer, divorce.....

Sorry about your predicament, but that can happen even if not a foreign relationship.

My ex-wife and I were together for 12 years (4 actually married) and it wasn't until we had a son together that she decided to show true colors and file for divorce after she was guaranteed a steady sizable income by seating on her *** as part of child support. And she wasn't a foreigner, born and raised good ole southern girl <right>.

Marriage is a gamble no matter what/where/how/whom. Just be ready for whatever life throws your way. Only way to sort of prevent similar situation: GET A PRENUP!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

yea very true. majority of foreign marriages are fraud. doesnt mean you cant have a real marriage but you have to be aware of situations. too many ppl fall in love in 2 days time and get married. then are shocked to find out they have been scammed.....

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Having gone through this in the past (with an American spouse) I can certainly understand the pain you are going through. There is lots of easy advice I could heap upon you but right now it won't do any good. I would recommend one thing since it will probably fit your current mood: Not all of these relationships end badly but obviously some do... You might help others to not make the same mistake you did by sharing some of the details of how you met, how long you dated, and signs that things were going to go bad that you now see with 20/20 hindsight..

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you are trying to warn people, help them understand what to look for, what the signs were etc (like the above poster said).

I know you mean this as a warning and I am so sorry this happened to you but you haven't given any information, just a scary story.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mojority of forgein marriages are fraud? I get sick when i hear comments like that ... Sorry, but you have been misinformed! The majority are real, but there are also a few fraud ones, mostly from the same countries.

EXACTLY TRUE...... :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

No, certain people from certain countries are much much more likely to be scammers. I would REFUSE to receive any correspondence from anyone from these countries unless I had lived there and met them in person or something. I'm sorry but, don't "meet" someone online and expect romance-film love. Spend lots of time with them, "real life" time, not time where you're both vacationing somewhere and it's a near honeymoon.

And yeah, before you all point out how much of a racist/xenophobe/unfair person I'm being, I filed a 129F before for an Australian guy who I found out (thankfully before we got to the embassy stage) that he was in it just for the chance to live in the States, and of course his country is not high fraud at all. Of course there are plenty of folks here who've only spent a few days or weeks with their significant others and have good relationships, but come on, pay attention to red flags. Chances are against you.

True, very true!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.