19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi before 1 year my brothers came here as a visit visa and they applied for asylum because their life in Iraq was in dangerous. but uscis refused their story and they went back to iraq. today my other brother told me my biggest brother has been killed and left 4 kids the oldest is 15 year and all these because uscis refused their case. Can I lawsuit or sue the uscis and is there a way to get my other brothers here to be safe without the silly timeline process?

Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from Tourist Visa to General Immigration, as there are several different issues here ***

First of all, condolences on your family's loss, but you cannot blame USCIS for your brother getting killed. However, depending on the circumstances of the killing, you could try for a humanitarian parole, if the family is willing to try by just getting on a plne and taking their chances.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

why not blame the uscis, that all happened because war of Iraq, and their case were some terrorists tried to kill them but uscis refused the case then my brothes went back because their family stayed at iraq, so I want to sue uscis because of them we lost our brother all the world know that a lot of innocent people died in Iraq evey day and they should be very merciful with Iraqies.

is there a special attorney for like situation ?

mike

Edited by majedalanni

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You would have to approach a highly qualified person to get a good opinion. Many lawyers will take the case just to fill their pockets. Are you a USC so you can file for your siblings just in case they don't approve another asylum petition ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

why not blame the uscis, that all happened because war of Iraq, and their case were some terrorists tried to kill them but uscis refused the case then my brothes went back because their family stayed at iraq, so I want to sue uscis because of them we lost our brother all the world know that a lot of innocent people died in Iraq evey day and they should be very merciful with Iraqies.

mike

You are not likely to find much information here on VJ. I would suggest that contacting an experienced immigration attorney would be a good starting point. They could advise you as to what type of attorney would be appropriate.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sue them for what?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

mike

Someone in Iraq killed a citizen of Iraq. That is sad but it has nothing to do with USCIS. Families here arent suing Iraq for killing the thousands of our military that have been killed there trying to provide freedom to a country that hasnt been free in its history. You got lucky and were granted a visa I assume, which is why you are here. Now you want to sue the very govt that provided that to you? Well its the USA and you can probably do that. While you are at it why not sue the govt of Iraq for killing him? Did you file suit against Sadamm while you were there and he was running things?

This is no place to look for the advice you really need and you must know that. You just want sympathy for your situation. I think most people here would feel badly for you and the loss of your brother. Seek legal advise from legal web sites or the actual lawyers. You will find there is no way to sue anyone for the death of your family member in Iraq.

I'm sure you can find a lawyer to take your money. I doubt you can find one to win your case. Becoming a PR is a priviledge, not a right - not even through asylum. I'm sorry about what happened to your brother but you'd be better trying to get justice against the murderer.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Sorry about the loss of your brother.

An asylum request is just that - a request. No nation is obligated to shelter a foreigner. A request can be denied.

You have no cause to sue USCiS. While you may disagree with the denial, USCIS did not do anything wrong or violate any US laws.

What law did USCIS violate that would be a cause for you to sue?

If you request that I shelter you in my house because your house is dangerous, am I responsible for what happen to you in your own house if I deny your request for shelter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Can I lawsuit or sue the uscis and is there a way to get my other brothers here to be safe without the silly timeline process?

Thanks in advance

First of all, there is no wrong doing on the part of USCIS. But let us just say there is just a small chance for argument reason, then it will most likely be barred by sovereign immunity. My sincere sympathy with your loss. There is no guarantee to get your other brothers here. A lawyer will definitely take your case, for the right price. But, the chances are very slim.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This has to be a joke.. lol. Are you really serious? First of all, you have no case AT ALL. The U.S. government isn't liable for non-citizen's deaths in their own countries. I have many friends that are over in Iraq and Afghanistan right now, if they, USCs, wouldn't be able to sue the government, why would non-citizens? Why you may not agree with the United States occupation of Iraq, could you please answer a question for me? How would the Iraqi government react to the same story?

07/31/2012 - Filed I-485 & I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

08/03/2012 - Delivery confirmation at Chicago Lockbox

08/08/2012 - Receipt Notice Text/E-mail

08/21/2012 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

So you believe that The United States HAS THE RESPONSIBILITY to give immigration benefits of every person in the world who's life is in danger? That is simply impossible. It is sad that in your country the safety of the citizens is not guaranteed and that political problems have affected and taken so many innocent lives. However, the responsibility falls under your own government and your own people. They could have tried immigrating to a different country. There are many countries where the quality of life is a lot less than desirable to say the least, and you don't see them suing the United States government for that.

My condolences for your loss.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

did he apply for asylum in any one of the other 190 or so other countries in the world? or did he just pin his hopes on the american dream that so many other people want and then continualy bad mouth about how unfair and terrible the usa is. you have no case and i am truely sorry for your brothers death and your families suffering.

the system isn't perfect, i have been waiting for 193 days for some news on my k1 visa app, but to be honest , i'm glad i live in country that allows me the freedom and opportunity to do that

First of all, thanks for your replay even if they think its not their fault. Im a USC and I totaly understand the situation of Iraq that happened because of USA. They destroy that country with the voice of freedom and left it with 90% of Iranian control. I know most people feel mercy and there are a lot who thinking they deserve that but they are wrong we are normal people who studying working building families. that what were did there and we not responsible about the problems between Saddam and USA but that problems cost our life there. refugee and asylum law is something standard in the world, if anyone feel their life In dangures or sex or religion threat then they have very big chance of getting it.

Thanks again and I will see a lawyer and see what he/she gonna say!

Edited by majedalanni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.