Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Time to move to the new thread. Hopefully I'll have both packets in the mail Monday--the IV packet is pretty much ready, the AOS packet is still waiting for tax transcripts (yes, I stupidly ordered the wrong ones). Of course, with the holiday mid-week, I'll be lucky to get them there and in process before next weekend...

Good luck to everyone waiting for news!

Hey Vilya

You do know you dont HAVE to send the transcripts? You can send the tax returns with the W2's and all schedules. We sent this for the current tax year only and it was accepted fine.

Good luck

Nat

USCIS Stage - 10 days total from package received to approved

03/09/12 - I-130 package sent

03/12/12 - package received

03/14/12 - NOA1 received via email

03/22/12 - APPROVED - NOA2 received via email - USC living abroad (8 days)

03/27/12 - NOA2 received in mail

NVC Stage - 34 days from case number to case complete - including messy RFE

04/17/12 - Case has arrived at NVC

04/27/12 - Case number received (25 days from approval)- sent DS3032 via email

05/02/12 - AOS bill received via email

05/03/12 - AOS bill paid via portal & DS3032 accepted

05/04/12 - IV bill received and paid. AOS bill appears as PAID.

05/05/12 - IV bill appears as PAID. Still waiting on replacement marriage certificate.

05/11/12 - DS230 and I864 packages (without marriage cert) sent to joint sponsor before being forwarded to NVC

05/16/12 - marriage cert sent direct to NVC

05/17/12 - I864 and DS230 sent to NVC overnight via fedex - received 05/18/12

05/25/12 - checklist for original marriage and divorce certificates - marriage certificate delivered to NVC

05/30/12 - divorce certificate delivered to NVC

05/31/12 - AOS package accepted - thrilled!

06/01/12 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!!! (email received)

06/07/12 - Interview Date Assigned

06/08/12 - emailed Sydney IV to request earlier appointment - approved 07/03/12

07/11/12 - INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED

10/06/12 - POE LAX (then onto Seattle)

121 DAYS FROM PETITION TO APPROVAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I fully expect to be part of the August thread too.

Saturday two weeks ago I mailed my IV package to the NVC. The girl at the store where i turned in the package said it would take 4-6 business days for the package to reach America. I paid a little extra for some sort of package tracking/delivery confirmation service, but after the Swedish postal service's website says that the package left the foreign terminal for further delivery overseas on June 19, there has been no change in the tracking. Nor have I received confirmation that the package has been delivered.

I am not too worried about it though. My wife has called NVC twice I think and she's going to call again maybe Thursday or Friday.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC receive my I-130 on May 28th so the thing I have to is call NVC everyday and get my case number. 1. I shouldn't wait NVC to email me that case number is generated, right? 2. And as soon as I get my case number from the operator, I can send NVC DS-3230 without receiving any notification from NVC? 3. I'm hoping the end of September interview..Is this possible? Hope NVC speed up our case since I waited almost 2 months to NVC received my case from my NOA2!!!

1. correct

2. yup

3. absolutely !

I fully expect to be part of the August thread too.

Saturday two weeks ago I mailed my IV package to the NVC. The girl at the store where i turned in the package said it would take 4-6 business days for the package to reach America. I paid a little extra for some sort of package tracking/delivery confirmation service, but after the Swedish postal service's website says that the package left the foreign terminal for further delivery overseas on June 19, there has been no change in the tracking. Nor have I received confirmation that the package has been delivered.

I am not too worried about it though. My wife has called NVC twice I think and she's going to call again maybe Thursday or Friday.

with yer tracking #, hit up www.usps.com

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

NVC receive my I-130 on May 28th so the thing I have to is call NVC everyday and get my case number. I shouldn't wait NVC to email me that case number is generated, right? And as soon as I get my case number from the operator, I can send NVC DS-3230 without receiving any notification from NVC? I'm hoping the end of September interview..Is this possible? Hope NVC speed up our case since I waited almost 2 months to NVC received my case from my NOA2!!!

Don't wait for NVC to email you anything (if they don't have you email addresses, then they'll SNAIL MAIL everything by the way), just keep calling them every day to find out when a case number is assigned. Once it is, get the number from them, as well as the 'Invoice Identification Number' (aka IIN here on VJ), and give over your email addresses. Once you've done that, you can send the DS-3032 by email by following the template here on VJ (linked to in the first post) without waiting for any kind of notification from NVC. And as long as you have both packages ready to go and get a case number soon, an interview in September is quite possible.

i FILED FOR K3 in January 2012. My i130 and i129f were approved on the same day (May 29th 2012). Since then, we have been waiting for the case to be transferred to NVC. i CALL THE nvc every other day. I even scanned the i129f and sent it off to NVC research over 2 weeks ago and yet, they claim both petitions still havent arrived at NVC.

We have a lawyer, who will be handling the matter for us. I want to know if its is alright for me to do the following up on NVC, even though we have a lawyer. I also want to know what the NVC STEPS are, when using a lawyer. I thank the VJ members in advance for your constructive inputs.

The NVC process is pretty much the same, with or without a lawyer. There's only one tiny difference: since a lawyer is automatically designated as agent, you do NOT fill out the DS-3032. Due to this, your IV bill will be invoiced at the same time as your AOS. Everything else though is the same.

And whether or not it's alright to follow up on NVC, that's up to your lawyer. I have seen one case here on VJ where the lawyer made it clear in their contract that they were not allowed to contact NVC headbonk.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Time to move to the new thread. Hopefully I'll have both packets in the mail Monday--the IV packet is pretty much ready, the AOS packet is still waiting for tax transcripts (yes, I stupidly ordered the wrong ones). Of course, with the holiday mid-week, I'll be lucky to get them there and in process before next weekend...

Good luck to everyone waiting for news!

If you dont mind....what do u mean wrong transcripts?

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

with yer tracking #, hit up www.usps.com

Thanks!

Your Item's Status

Your item was delivered at 10:59 am on June 25, 2012 in PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801.

Wow, for real? How cool is that! It was delivered. I'm actually in tears now. That's a huge relief. Thank you so much Darnell :)

Yesterday (June 30) was our 1-year anniversary. It's kinda weird to think that of the 366 days we've been married (with the leap year and all), we have spent about 1,5 of those days together. :cry:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

No they are Close.

You can compare my Signature from NOA2 to Case received, let's say about 2-3wks

That's 14 days from NOA2, I will be 14 days on Monday. Will keep trying! Thanks!

NVC receive my I-130 on May 28th so the thing I have to is call NVC everyday and get my case number. I shouldn't wait NVC to email me that case number is generated, right? And as soon as I get my case number from the operator, I can send NVC DS-3230 without receiving any notification from NVC? I'm hoping the end of September interview..Is this possible? Hope NVC speed up our case since I waited almost 2 months to NVC received my case from my NOA2!!!

Go to page 1 of this forum...Saylin has a very detailed step-by-step there for review. Make a quick list for yourself. Doing that alone gave me a check list! Good luck to ya!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i FILED FOR K3 in January 2012. My i130 and i129f were approved on the same day (May 29th 2012). Since then, we have been waiting for the case to be transferred to NVC. i CALL THE nvc every other day. I even scanned the i129f and sent it off to NVC research over 2 weeks ago and yet, they claim both petitions still havent arrived at NVC.

We have a lawyer, who will be handling the matter for us. I want to know if its is alright for me to do the following up on NVC, even though we have a lawyer. I also want to know what the NVC STEPS are, when using a lawyer. I thank the VJ members in advance for your constructive inputs.

Thought I was seeing double. I answered also in the other thread. Here you go. I hear there is some issue with CSC petitions coming. I hoe they resolve soonest.

Well there re no steps for lawyers that are different than if you were to do it. You did about all you can do. You have to just call everyday until you get that Case number. Some lawyers say they have an inside track. I don't know all he can do is call.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Mine's an image ;)

I see, image cool. okay because I am just new and waiting I have another off topic. I became platinum member yesterday but don't see where I can change the platinum member name. What's up with that?

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Okay I have four questions...#3 and #4 are similar.

1) Is Nigeria eligible to EMAIL the DS-3032 or do they have to send in the hard copy? (I'm sure this is a good question for any country who is not eligible to send in their other documents electronically so maybe the answer will help other filers as well.)

2) On my I-864 under Part 5. Sponsor's household size. For the past three years I have filed all three of my sons on my taxes as dependents. However, this year I will not file my eldest son on my taxes because he married in December 2011. In question "d. If you have dependent children, enter the number here."...should my answer be 03 since I filed him on my taxes last year or should it be 02 since he is no longer my dependent? Either way with a household of five or four, I am still eligible to file the Affidavit for my husband without a cosponsor.

3) When you have your Case number and request your Invoice Identification Number. What is the IIN number for...the DS-230 Application OR the I-864? Or is one invoice number issued for BOTH applications.

4) If there are indeed two separate invoice numbers, how long after filing the first application are you issued the second invoice number and which application is sent in first.

Timeline

Okay I have four questions...#3 and #4 are similar.

1) Is Nigeria eligible to EMAIL the DS-3032 or do they have to send in the hard copy? (I'm sure this is a good question for any country who is not eligible to send in their other documents electronically so maybe the answer will help other filers as well.) Yes everyone is eligible for the email send in.

2) On my I-864 under Part 5. Sponsor's household size. For the past three years I have filed all three of my sons on my taxes as dependents. However, this year I will not file my eldest son on my taxes because he married in December 2011. In question "d. If you have dependent children, enter the number here."...should my answer be 03 since I filed him on my taxes last year or should it be 02 since he is no longer my dependent? Either way with a household of five or four, I am still eligible to file the Affidavit for my husband without a cosponsor. Dependants is who you currently are taking care of. So no new calendar year and no you aren't to claim him.

Sorry these are questions I would like to know also.

3) When you have your Case number and request your Invoice Identification Number. What is the IIN number for...the DS-230 Application OR the I-864? Or is one invoice number issued for BOTH applications.helpsmilie.gif

4) If there are indeed two separate invoice numbers, how long after filing the first application are you issued the second invoice number and which application is sent in first.helpsmilie.gif

Shouldn't we get like a immigration degree when our love ones get their Visa. Goodness.

Hey also on the email of the DS-3032 does it HAVE to come from the beneficiary's email or can it come from mine since I am the one online 24/7?

ROC I-751

N-400

Shouldn't we get like a immigration degree when our love ones get their Visa. Goodness.

Hey also on the email of the DS-3032 does it HAVE to come from the beneficiary's email or can it come from mine since I am the one online 24/7?

It HAS to come from the Bene's email...definitely! I'm writing it out (just waiting on the case number to complete it) and having my husband copy and paste it in a new email to the NVC. He is going cc me.

Yes, I think we deserve much more than a certificate...an Associates Degree in Immigration Affairs would be nice! We've studied hard enough for it! :reading:

Oh...one more thing. Since I am NOT going to include him but he was on last year's taxes, should I include an explaination to ward off an RFE? He is 21.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.