Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Part 5. Sponsor's household size.

f. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here.

and continued...Question 5 for Dana and Divine...

5) Who is considered a lawful permanent resident? A green card holder who you sponsored before? Reason why I am asking, I cosponsored by friends husband last year...and yes, even with this additional dependent if I must count him, I still qualify without a cosponsor. I just don't want to leave anything out or fill this out incorrectly!

f. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here.

5) Who is considered a lawful permanent resident? A green card holder who you sponsored before? Reason why I am asking, I cosponsored by friends husband last year...and yes, even with this additional dependent if I must count him, I still qualify without a cosponsor. I just don't want to leave anything out or fill this out incorrectly!

Well I found the answer to my own question!!! :bonk: And here is the answer just in case someone else needs clarification!

Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)

Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing the in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien," "Resident Alien Permit Holder," and "Green Card Holder."

I see, image cool. okay because I am just new and waiting I have another off topic. I became platinum member yesterday but don't see where I can change the platinum member name. What's up with that?

To change your member title: go to the top of any page, click on 'Settings' under your username, click on the 'Profile' tab, then under the 'Change Profile Information' sub-tab, scroll down until you see 'Member Title'. That's where you change it.

Okay I have four questions...#3 and #4 are similar.

1) Is Nigeria eligible to EMAIL the DS-3032 or do they have to send in the hard copy? (I'm sure this is a good question for any country who is not eligible to send in their other documents electronically so maybe the answer will help other filers as well.)

2) On my I-864 under Part 5. Sponsor's household size. For the past three years I have filed all three of my sons on my taxes as dependents. However, this year I will not file my eldest son on my taxes because he married in December 2011. In question "d. If you have dependent children, enter the number here."...should my answer be 03 since I filed him on my taxes last year or should it be 02 since he is no longer my dependent? Either way with a household of five or four, I am still eligible to file the Affidavit for my husband without a cosponsor.

3) When you have your Case number and request your Invoice Identification Number. What is the IIN number for...the DS-230 Application OR the I-864? Or is one invoice number issued for BOTH applications.

4) If there are indeed two separate invoice numbers, how long after filing the first application are you issued the second invoice number and which application is sent in first.

1. Yes, ALL countries are eligible to email the DS-3032. It's not just those in EP-eligible countries.

2. The question on household size is asking about your CURRENT situation, so no need to count your elder son anymore.

3. There is only ONE Invoice ID Number. It's used to sign into the payment portal where both bills are invoiced.

4. N/A as there's only one number

If you sponsored someone, then you have to count them on f.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Seems all knowledge and wisdom has left me at USCIS and I am beside myself. Okay here goes. The DS-230 List below all educational institutions attended. Is that every school since the beginning my husband has attended? Or just college and universities? Goodness sorry I have more.

Where do I go to get specific vaccination information about Nigeria? Getting so many conflicting stories on what shots are needed. Thanks

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To change your member title: go to the top of any page, click on 'Settings' under your username, click on the 'Profile' tab, then under the 'Change Profile Information' sub-tab, scroll down until you see 'Member Title'. That's where you change it.

Thank you so so much that did it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Seems all knowledge and wisdom has left me at USCIS and I am beside myself. Okay here goes. The DS-230 List below all educational institutions attended. Is that every school since the beginning my husband has attended? Or just college and universities? Goodness sorry I have more.

Where do I go to get specific vaccination information about Nigeria? Getting so many conflicting stories on what shots are needed. Thanks

You start with high school(s) and go forward through colleges, universities, etc.

As far as I know, vaccines aren't country-specific since everyone here is immigrating to the US, so everyone should need the same vaccines (everyone's going to the same country). I'm going to assume you're between 18 and 64, so read this list: http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

1. Yes, ALL countries are eligible to email the DS-3032. It's not just those in EP-eligible countries.

2. The question on household size is asking about your CURRENT situation, so no need to count your elder son anymore.

3. There is only ONE Invoice ID Number. It's used to sign into the payment portal where both bills are invoiced.

If you sponsored someone, then you have to count them on f.

Thank you so much. I have corrected and printed a new copy. Now onto trying to get that case number! Did anyone front load information for Interview at this stage in the game, or did you send only what was requested...the bare minimum and take the rest to interview?

Thank you so much. I have corrected and printed a new copy. Now onto trying to get that case number! Did anyone front load information for Interview at this stage in the game, or did you send only what was requested...the bare minimum and take the rest to interview?

Most people don't front load as their consulates/embassies are easier to get through. But people from MENA countries (like China, Nigeria, etc) add additional evidence with the IV package so it gets forwarded to the consulate/embassy so the officer can review it before the interview. I suggest since you're from Nigeria, it'd be a good idea to front-load.

Alright Queen Software Test Engineer! Have you been to sleep yet???? I'm going to kill myself with snacks sitting in front of this compter screen!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well at least your husband will be able to remember where he lived since he was 16! Took my husband a month and trips back and forth to his mom to figure that out! Poor soul! He didn't think that was informatoin he would every need to remember so he didn't store it in his brain...20 years of moving...hahaha!

Most people don't front load as their consulates/embassies are easier to get through. But people from MENA countries (like China, Nigeria, etc) add additional evidence with the IV package so it gets forwarded to the consulate/embassy so the officer can review it before the interview. I suggest since you're from Nigeria, it'd be a good idea to front-load.

Alright then, I am definitely going to add evidence and request it be forwarded to the Nigerian Consulate for Consolate Officer Review before interview! I think it would definitely help our case. Thanks again!

Okay...that was #6...lets to to #7.

I had a I129 and I130 in place. They both cleared and I received NOA2's for both on the same day. They have two seperate receipt numbers. Should I be seeking the NVC case number that corresponds to the I130 receipt number only?

#8...IF there is only one number, we can pay the invoice for both applications at the same time and send the I864 adn DS-230 in at the same time for processing? Do we only get ONE barcoded sheet to accompany the petitions?

Alright then, I am definitely going to add evidence and request it be forwarded to the Nigerian Consulate for Consolate Officer Review before interview! I think it would definitely help our case. Thanks again!

Okay...that was #6...lets to to #7.

I had a I129 and I130 in place. They both cleared and I received NOA2's for both on the same day. They have two seperate receipt numbers. Should I be seeking the NVC case number that corresponds to the I130 receipt number only?

#8...IF there is only one number, we can pay the invoice for both applications at the same time and send the I864 adn DS-230 in at the same time for processing? Do we only get ONE barcoded sheet to accompany the petitions?

Just use the receipt number from your I-130. They'll close your I-129F.

The only time you can pay both bills at the same time is if you have a lawyer as no DS-3032 is needed, thus the IV is invoiced immediately. Without a lawyer though, a DS-3032 needs to be sent in, accepted, and added to the case file before the IV is invoiced.

Whether the bills are invoiced at the same time or not, you can still send in both packages at the same time; it doesn't matter.

And you get TWO bar-coded cover sheets, one from the AOS bill and one from the IV bill. Each has to be the first page in their respective packages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Holy Moly. Queen Software Test Engineer. Can we discuss the intricacies of Function Point Computational Analysis?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You start with high school(s) and go forward through colleges, universities, etc.

As far as I know, vaccines aren't country-specific since everyone here is immigrating to the US, so everyone should need the same vaccines (everyone's going to the same country). I'm going to assume you're between 18 and 64, so read this list: http://www.panelphys.../Pages/Age6.htm

My wife start elementary then so on.

CSC - I-130 for Spouse

11/21/2011 - Sent I-130 Petition

11/26/2011 -NOA1

05/14/2012 -NOA2 Email APPROVED 177days

NVC

05/28/2012 - NVC received

06/11/2012 - Case# generated, IIN, BIN

06/11/2012 - DS-3032 emailed

06/14/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

06/15/2012 - AOS Payment status: PAID & I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/20/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/21/2012 - IV bill shows PAID & Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/27/2012 - AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

07/02/2012 - Case Completed!

07/11/2012 - INTERVIEW DATE Assigned - - - > August 10,2012 6:15am -- APPROVED

07/31/2012 - POE

My wife start elementary then so on.

That's okay, but NVC just wants high school and on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.