24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

do you have to have $5000.00- $10,000 in the bank in order to file for your fiance to come to the states?

While having savings will be better, they don't care about them; they care about the current income of the USC.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You don't have to have any money in the bank to file a petition for your fiance. You do however have to meet the poverty level requirements for income.

Check out the guide tab at the top of the page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The only money you need is the money to apply for the petition and visa, and money to adjust status after you get married here in the US. You also have to meet the minimum income requirements.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

do you have to have $5000.00- $10,000 in the bank in order to file for your fiance to come to the states?

Hi, No, you don't have to have money in the bank, but you must earn enough money yearly. Here's the Poverty Guideline chart http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Include yourself and child/children plus your fiance for the total household at 125%. If you don't earn enough consider a Co Sponsor for the I-134 Good Luck :)

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I asked this question before but I did not get a satisfatory answer.

If all they go by is the poverty guidelines then why does it ask on the form the value of any account on one of the forms?

From my understanding you can use your assets but they must be 5 times the amount to be considered..

3 in household = $23,862 X 5 = $119,310 If you have this amount in assets it's fantastic to use

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I believe I was the one that answered your question about assets before. I am sorry you found the answer unsatisfactory. I will try again.

You can use assets to make up for a lack in income. You use assets at 3 times the shortcoming in income. For example: if you need $20k but only make $18k, then you can list on the form that you have a savings account with at least $6k, 3 x the $2k you are missing.

If your income alone is enough to meet the 125% requirement, then there is no need to fill out the assets section at all. You can skip those questions about assets entirely and leave them blank. It is not required to have or list assets on the I-134 for the K-1 or on the I-864 after you are married for AOS.

Correct, but it only needs to be 3 times when sponsoring a spouse/fiance(e) or minor child.

That's even better :) Thanks for the correction

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I believe I was the one that answered your question about assets before. I am sorry you found the answer unsatisfactory. I will try again.

You can use assets to make up for a lack in income. You use assets at 3 times the shortcoming in income. For example: if you need $20k but only make $18k, then you can list on the form that you have a savings account with at least $6k, 3 x the $2k you are missing.

If your income alone is enough to meet the 125% requirement, then there is no need to fill out the assets section at all. You can skip those questions about assets entirely and leave them blank. It is not required to have or list assets on the I-134 for the K-1 or on the I-864 after you are married for AOS.

Correct, but it only needs to be 3 times when sponsoring a spouse/fiance(e) or minor child.

If you leave the assets form blank do you need to send the bank statments still?? i make well over the current poverty level. I just used my savings to purchase a New Car and am at $0 in savings right now.

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is 2012 povery guidlines if the income lacks minimum povery guidelines it is supplimented by assets for every 3 dollars of assets it is considerd to be one dollar of income.

Persons in

family/household - Poverty guideline(P.G.) -or - Asset(3xP.G.)

1 - $11,170 - 33,510

2 - 15,130 - 45,390

3 - 19,090 - 57,270

4 - 23,050 - 69,150

Edited by sn530

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you leave the assets form blank do you need to send the bank statments still?? i make well over the current poverty level. I just used my savings to purchase a New Car and am at $0 in savings right now.

No. If you are not listing assets, no need to send bank statements. You just need your 2011 tax transcript and documents that prove your current income such as a letter from employer and recent pay stubs.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is 2012 povery guidlines if the income lacks minimum povery guidelines it is supplimented by assets for every 3 dollars of assets it is considerd to be one dollar of income.

Persons in

family/household - Poverty guideline(P.G.) -or - Asset(3xP.G.)

1 - $11,170 - 33,510

2 - 15,130 - 45,390

3 - 19,090 - 57,270

4 - 23,050 - 69,150

Not quite. You need to have 125% of the poverty level. For a household of 2 you need $18,912. If using only assets, you would need at least $56,736. Here are the 2012 poverty guidelines that are used for affidavits of support: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.