94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What the?...let me get this straight.

Step 1. Ask someone to marry you

Step 2. File petition

Step 3. Get K-1 visa

Step 4. Get to know each other

Step 5. If you are happy get married if not oh well he's on his own.

I might disagree with this.

OP I hope you think a little more about petitioning for another person.

Personaly and I might get labeled as a controling fascist, again, BUT not everyone is indeed cut out for the long distance relationship thingie. How can the OP think what happened here was justified?

Sexting? Seriously, if the worst thing your SO do is sexting then you have it made. You can work on that, IMHO. If the SO using his/her nose like a vacuum, he/she likes pre teens, a kleptomaniac, etc then yes but sexting?

It seems most people are dreamers. You are supposed to grow together with someone not just pick up a finished product from the assembly line.

The longer I am on this forum the more I se a thinly veiled "I imported you so you must be perfect, be what I want and be under my thumb 24/7" from certain sectors.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm still not sure why people are still congratulating this couple. They played the system. She knew of her doubts before he got here, and the fact that she found out he was sexting was only AFTER she confronted him about her own feelings. Why did she wait until he got here to say what she really felt? On both sides they lied to each other, and who knows what else they lied about to the USCIS and the CO in order to get him here. At what point is it OK to lie, at all??? We have all worked very hard to get our SO here without lying. Cases like this are the reason it is so difficult for everyone else. This is just TOTALLY maddening to me!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Well, she did think about it for 3 days, what more oculd you ask for!!!

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

In 3 days he has a cell phone to be able to sextext someone back in Cuba. And the odds of that person back in Cuba having a cell phone is very slim, they just approved cell phones for the general population a couple of years back.

There are many missing pieces and I am not really interested in them, but the post just felt like a celebration for what. Since he is Cuban it is a celebration, the wet feet law, if his feet touches US soil he has a free path into the US immigration system.

Please don't tell me they might not have known about this every Cuban from the age of 1 to 100 knows about this law.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

In 3 days he has a cell phone to be able to sextext someone back in Cuba. And the odds of that person back in Cuba having a cell phone is very slim, they just approved cell phones for the general population a couple of years back.

There are many missing pieces and I am not really interested in them, but the post just felt like a celebration for what. Since he is Cuban it is a celebration, the wet feet law, if his feet touches US soil he has a free path into the US immigration system.

Please don't tell me they might not have known about this every Cuban from the age of 1 to 100 knows about this law.

EDIT: You took the thoughts right out of my head.......

I re read my post and I was doing something I am completely against, so that's all I'm going to say

Edited by Celeste & C

if they guy is Cuban, he does not need any visa. He is entitled to automatic residency, automatic housing, automatic food stamps, automatic healthcare, automatic welfare and it is all free.

Cubans do not need visas. They can come here anytime. Free, but only Cubans.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Personaly and I might get labeled as a controling fascist, again, BUT not everyone is indeed cut out for the long distance relationship thingie. How can the OP think what happened here was justified?

Sexting? Seriously, if the worst thing your SO do is sexting then you have it made. You can work on that, IMHO. If the SO using his/her nose like a vacuum, he/she likes pre teens, a kleptomaniac, etc then yes but sexting?

It seems most people are dreamers. You are supposed to grow together with someone not just pick up a finished product from the assembly line.

The longer I am on this forum the more I se a thinly veiled "I imported you so you must be perfect, be what I want and be under my thumb 24/7" from certain sectors.

It's not about being dreamers. It's about AT LEAST having respect from the person you are about to marry, even if they are or are not perfect. It's about having HIGH standards of one's self worth.

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

if they guy is Cuban, he does not need any visa. He is entitled to automatic residency, automatic housing, automatic food stamps, automatic healthcare, automatic welfare and it is all free.

I am a bit confused by this, if they don't need a visa, then why did he bother to apply for one? If this is so, I would assume every Cuban would have this knowledge including the OP's Fiance. Can someone please explain this?

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

I am a bit confused by this, if they don't need a visa, then why did he bother to apply for one? If this is so, I would assume every Cuban would have this knowledge including the OP's Fiance. Can someone please explain this?

It's someone being sarcastic and stereotyping an entire group of people. Nothing important or factual.

This statement is totally wrong. Everyone needs some type of permission to enter the US. Now if you are saying that if a Cuban some how is able to enter the US, they have a legal right to stay if their entry is not authorized than yes there are laws on the books regarding this. But first no Cuban will be given permission to leave the island without the proper authorization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why did you even petition him in the first place? why didn't you tell him before he came? when did you start having this feelings you didn't want to be with him? what if he had the best thing that was ever going to happen to you and he was so in love with you and then you tell him "Oh i decided i don't love you anymore so go back" Yea you got lucky is what you got! As for you people who think she should be congratulated your crazy as she is! :wacko: I don't understand how people do this without thinking before hand you have at least 5 to 8 months to think about it before they even get on the plane to come here. I know there a lot of us on here who have been waiting and waiting to see our fiancee/fiance for the last 5 months or so going threw the process to be with them again. Again you got lucky is all.... if that what really happen what you say about him????????????? Just my 2 cents.

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

This statement is totally wrong. Everyone needs some type of permission to enter the US. Now if you are saying that if a Cuban some how is able to enter the US, they have a legal right to stay if their entry is not authorized than yes there are laws on the books regarding this. But first no Cuban will be given permission to leave the island without the proper authorization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm still not sure why people are still congratulating this couple. They played the system. She knew of her doubts before he got here, and the fact that she found out he was sexting was only AFTER she confronted him about her own feelings. Why did she wait until he got here to say what she really felt? On both sides they lied to each other, and who knows what else they lied about to the USCIS and the CO in order to get him here. At what point is it OK to lie, at all??? We have all worked very hard to get our SO here without lying. Cases like this are the reason it is so difficult for everyone else. This is just TOTALLY maddening to me!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

EXACTLY my point! :bonk:

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

j and c, on 15 May 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

This is soo FUNNY.

but seriously this sound like FRAUD and no one is mentioning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.