94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Listen, people get hung up on the measly I-129F requirement, have met at least once, have a desire to get hitched up in 90 days, blah blah...

But some of us that have been married before and for a length of time knows that theres more to marriage than that.

If you're actively working on marrying someone, the onus is on you to make sure before hand that you're a great fit adn in your example that they have met whatever your HIGH standard of selt worth is.

The time to assess all theis is not 3 days after they arrive. I'll said this again, not all folks are cut out for this international dating stuff. You can't waltz into a foreign country and pick up some poor sap in a week and be ready for marriage.

Now I understand why I have to wait 5 months for adjudicating, it's not that it takes that long to process this stuff (we paid a hefty per hour sum), I have a feeling it's to allow some folks who lack the understanding and who doesn't have a relationship yet to make certain that they develop one.

YMMV.

You acted like "sexting" was nothing, like it was a bug on your windshield, and it is not; this was the WHOLE reason of why I answered your post, that one simple fact. (I do not agree with whatever happened and her wanting him out after 3 days, because if you are engaged you are in a serious committed relationship). I was simply talking about your remarks about sexting.

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

Filed: Timeline

You acted like "sexting" was nothing, like it was a bug on your windshield, and it is not; this was the WHOLE reason of why I answered your post, that one simple fact. (I do not agree with whatever happened and her wanting him out after 3 days, because if you are engaged you are in a serious committed relationship). I was simply talking about your remarks about sexting.

Yes, sexting is nothing in the grand scheme of things. IMHO.

YMMV.

<br />This is exactly why people are supposed to really know each other and be truly committed to each other. I see the failure as a two direction failure. There are some who will do anything to get to America including trying to think they're in love, while there are many Americans that seem to fall in love with the idea of being in love. No one on either side should enter into this process unless they really know the other person and are truly committed. People are not shoes you try on for a while, particularly when you have them giving up their lives in their home country to be with you. Also Americans are not a meal ticket and free pass to a better life. In both cases they are human beings, not tools to get something you want. These type of situations are exactly why they make it hard to get through this process. I just don't understand why people go into it so lightly. I guess I should be glad he was a dog, and she can dump him guilty free. But now we have another dog running around in America, who probably didn't deserve to get here. Another dark stain on the process, and another reason while some will try to make it even harder on the people with real intentions of making a working marriage. To those that seem to think the 90 days is a trial period, what did that letter mean you both wrote and signed saying you intended to marry? Do you often sign things you don't believe are true? well said!!!

<br />Hello everyone!!!  I am so happy.  I can't even express to tell you all.  Amel got here on May 5.  His flight was delayed around 4 hours.  He didn't get out of immigration/customs until 11:45 p.m.  Before his arrival I was so nervous.  I have been feeling nervous for months.  I thought it was because things were gonna to change, etc.  I convinced myself that things would be different when he got here.  Well, they were different since he got here.  After everything I did, I just wasn't feeling him.  We spent a day a half in Miami with his sister.  Then, on Monday morning, we headed to West Palm Beach.  I felt awful.  I didn't want to take him with me.  How could I be feeling this?  How could I do this to him?  Well, I took him to West Palm Beach anyway.  We spent Monday together.  I got up Tuesday morning to go to work.  My heart felt so heavy, I felt a lump in my throat, what the heck was I doing?  I got to work and broke down in my car, hysterical, sobbing, snot and all.  I did not want to live the rest of my life with this man.  I went home and sat him down, three days after he arrived...  Amel, I don't want to be with you.  Once I got the words out, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders, the lump in my throat went away.  <br /><br />Well, now the funny part... how about this man has not one, but two girlfriends sexting him from Cuba, lmao!!!  I feel so relieved that I was able to get out of this. I thank God for opening my eyes before anything further can happen.  Of course, I am not gonna marry him, that has been decided.  I am so happy I don't have to deal with that.  God opened my eyes!! well said!!
Edited by LA NEGRA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

You should go to their forum and let them know they're wasting their time and they can just come on over.

Ha ha...ja ja...Thank you!! It's the same process as the rest of the world, but Cubans actually have an EXTRA hurdle...permission to leave Cuba.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.