94 posts in this topic

but seriously this sound like FRAUD and no one is mentioning.

On VisaJourney, there's always someone who thinks EVERYTHING is fraud. And they're usually the ones who have no facts to back it up. :thumbs:

it is not fraud, Cubans do not need permission to enter, Once they are here, they are entitled to residency, It is the law. Only Cubans.

You should go to their forum and let them know they're wasting their time and they can just come on over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You should go to their forum and let them know they're wasting their time and they can just come on over.

Lol, I agree, if they don't need it, then they are definitely wasting their time with immigration. I want to be Cuban. lol

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

I know about the dry feet law. And maybe they can't leave Cuba without permission. But with a K-1 visa maybe they DO get permission and then can fly over instead of looking for a boat.

Do we have any Cubans on VJ who can help us on this ?

But this begs the question of how it got this far. Where is the O.P. ?

Filed: Timeline

It's not about being dreamers. It's about AT LEAST having respect from the person you are about to marry, even if they are or are not perfect. It's about having HIGH standards of one's self worth.

Listen, people get hung up on the measly I-129F requirement, have met at least once, have a desire to get hitched up in 90 days, blah blah...

But some of us that have been married before and for a length of time knows that theres more to marriage than that.

If you're actively working on marrying someone, the onus is on you to make sure before hand that you're a great fit adn in your example that they have met whatever your HIGH standard of selt worth is.

The time to assess all theis is not 3 days after they arrive. I'll said this again, not all folks are cut out for this international dating stuff. You can't waltz into a foreign country and pick up some poor sap in a week and be ready for marriage.

Now I understand why I have to wait 5 months for adjudicating, it's not that it takes that long to process this stuff (we paid a hefty per hour sum), I have a feeling it's to allow some folks who lack the understanding and who doesn't have a relationship yet to make certain that they develop one.

YMMV.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Now I understand why I have to wait 5 months for adjudicating, it's not that it takes that long to process this stuff (we paid a hefty per hour sum), I have a feeling it's to allow some folks who lack the understanding and who doesn't have a relationship yet to make certain that they develop one.

Which doesn't explain the expedites, nor the long wait for siblings/kids. Other than that, I do also believe it's about making the best out of waiting around. USCIS aren't the ones keeping a couple separated. The couple met somehow at least once, I'm sure that can happen again while waiting for a decision to be made. Or simply waiting to submit the petition. I guess the no refund policy at USCIS is there for a reason.

Someone else asked why people congratulated OP. I sincerely congratulate a couple who found or finds a common ground to stand on. Usually, it's people getting together, not splitting up. I also applause telling important things face to face, depending on the situation of course. But OP didn't ask my opinion about that one so I'll save it for another topic. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

All I can say is WOW people.....

11/13/2011 POE LAX ( My love is finally HOME!)
11/19/2011 Married (6 days)
11/25/2011 Filed Marriage License (6 days)
12/08/2011 Sent AOS Packet ( I-485, I-130, I-797 (13 days)
12/12/2011 NOA ( Packet received) (4 days)
02/16/2012 RFE (70 days)
02/20/2012 Sent Requested Evidence Back (4 days)
02/24/2012 Notice of Receipt of Evidence (4 days)
02/25/2012 Production of EAD/AP Combo Card (1 day)
03/02/2012 Mailed EAD/AP Combo Card (6 days)
03/05/2012 Received EAD/AP Combo Card In Mail (3 days)
03/14/2012 Received Interview Notice for 4/18/2012 (9 days)
04/18/2012 Interview at 10:50 am APPROVED (4 days)
04/18/2012 Notice of Approval for GC (35 days)
04/23/2012 Card in Production email (5 days)
04/24/2012 Card in Mail (1 day)
04/26/2012 GC in hand YAYAYAYA! (2 days)

Removal Of Conditions

02/03/2014 Collect all paperwork for I-751 and over nighted to Vermont Service Center

02/05/2014 Notice of Acceptance Online (2 days)

03/12/2014 Biometrics Appointment ( Went Smooth) (35 days)

05/09/2014 Waiting!!! (58 days)

08/01/2014 I-751 APPROVED ( 142 days)

08/07/2014 Received the approval letter ( 148 days )

Naturalization

11/22/2016 Over nighted N-400 to Lewisville Texas

11/29/2016 Check Cashed!

12/05/2016 NOA

12/20/2016 Biometrics Appointment

01/30/2017 In Line for Interview

04/03/2017 Interview day! Approved (134 Days)

04/07/2017 Received Oath Ceremony Letter (137 days)

Total of 148 days in the ROC process!

Day 137 of Naturalization after starting this whole process 6 years ago.... here we go again.

That's exactly what the Fiance Visa is about: You're given 90 days to supposedly get to know each other and if it doesn't work then move on. Glad you were able to react on time. Don't feel bad. Perfectly normal :thumbs:

No, no, no. This is not what the fiance visa is about. The fiance visa permits someone to come to the U.S. to get married. Remember you have to submit a letter of intent to marry during the 90 days to get a K-1? You can't submit that letter if you only have the intent to "get to know each other".

Still, no one should be forced to get married. If you do change your mind, no problem and move on.

Which doesn't explain the expedites, nor the long wait for siblings/kids. Other than that, I do also believe it's about making the best out of waiting around. USCIS aren't the ones keeping a couple separated. The couple met somehow at least once, I'm sure that can happen again while waiting for a decision to be made. Or simply waiting to submit the petition. I guess the no refund policy at USCIS is there for a reason.

Someone else asked why people congratulated OP. I sincerely congratulate a couple who found or finds a common ground to stand on. Usually, it's people getting together, not splitting up. I also applause telling important things face to face, depending on the situation of course. But OP didn't ask my opinion about that one so I'll save it for another topic. :)

Oh for sure. I've travelled the 7k miles to see her twice in 7 months already and hopefully another two before the interview in 5 months, In Sha Allah. It's a commitment.

I take this seriously, not for I-129F sakes, but to build a long lasting relationship. If I have any issues before she gets on the plane then she won't get on the plane. I personally think it's cruel to bring someone over here or for that matter to come over here to be with someone when you have an ulterior motive.

But yes, we can't all be the same which is unfortuante since we are mostly all judged by the same standard by the USCIS folks.

No, no, no. This is not what the fiance visa is about. The fiance visa permits someone to come to the U.S. to get married. Remember you have to submit a letter of intent to marry during the 90 days to get a K-1? You can't submit that letter if you only have the intent to "get to know each other".

Still, no one should be forced to get married. If you do change your mind, no problem and move on.

Who is forcing, or supporting forcing anyone to get married?

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I seriously applaud the OP. A long distance relationship between two countries is difficult. It is very difficult to get to know someone that way. My husband and I spoke for 6 months before meeting and getting married in his country (to get him a visa to accompany me to Costa Rica). I didn't realize what kinda of person he was until I lived with him a couple of months in the city where he grew up. I advise everyone considering this to live very close to the family and friends for a good while. It opened my eyes up alot. After two years of marriage and 8 months of living together (and one child) I am now just filing the I-130.

I seriously applaud the OP. A long distance relationship between two countries is difficult. It is very difficult to get to know someone that way. My husband and I spoke for 6 months before meeting and getting married in his country (to get him a visa to accompany me to Costa Rica). I didn't realize what kinda of person he was until I lived with him a couple of months in the city where he grew up. I advise everyone considering this to live very close to the family and friends for a good while. It opened my eyes up alot. After two years of marriage and 8 months of living together (and one child) I am now just filing the I-130.

You applaud the OP for having doubts for months and months about her relationship and not saying/doing anything about it until after the guy's already moved to the US? Can I ask what part you're applauding?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.