Aimee K

Thinking of early walk-in for biometrics?

246 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2018 at 11:30 AM, RenataIzo said:

Update: New Orleans - Louisiana - Successful attempt! They gave me a hard time and I brought proof I was going to be out of state!

ALABAMA

Birmingham, AL - He give us a hard time, but finally agreed to let us through. Successful.

ARIZONA

Phoenix, AZ - Gave no reason, no questions asked, successful. Staff very friendly and courteous. Went on Monday at opening time (8 am), in and out in 20 minutes.

Tucson, AZ - 12/28/15, I-751, gave no reason, no questions asked, successful. 01/03/17, N-400, gave no reason, no questions asked, successful.

CALIFORNIA

Buena Park - No reason, just gave security guard my appt letter. YES

Chula Vista - 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. Successful.

Chula Vista - 06/27/16 Walked-in at 12pm, was asked to return around 230. No reason asked. Successful!

El Monte - 13 days early. Work conflict. Sup wasn't nice about it, but biometrics got done!

Fresno - 07/14/14 - Successful, no questions asked. After 2 pm walk-ins allowed.

Fresno - 06/28/2016 - UNSUCCESSFUL. 7 days early, went in at 2.15pm. Guard advised to come back on actual appointment day cos it was packed.

Gardena - 5/24/12

Los Angeles - (USCIS Fairfax on W. Pico). Successful with no questions asked. 01/11/2015-> walked in 9 days before appointment, asked to come around 2pm. Let me take biometrics no problem then!

Los Angeles - (downtown) July 2012. NO

Los Angeles - San Fernando valley (Chatsworth) division: successful walk-in, no questions asked, short wait. 6/11/13.

Modesto - 10 days early. Went in to try our luck for my wife (K-1) and step daughter (K-2) AOS/EAD Biometrics and no questions asked. The process took about 10 minutes. The employees on-site were very friendly.

Oakland - Oct 2013 successful

Oxnard - July 21st 2016 - Successful. Went first thing in the morning nine days early. Only a few people in the facility waiting. Nobody asked why we came early.

Pomona - long wait. Successful

Riverside - Nov 10, 2014 - Unsuccessful. Original appt for Nov 17. Told to come back on the scheduled date. Guard was firm and unfriendly. Didn't help that the woman in front of me was arguing with another member of staff about her appt date.

San Francisco - Feb 2014 - Successful, no questions asked.

San Francisco - 05/19/2014 - No question asked for three weeks early walk-in. Just showed security guard the letter. Get it done in half hour. Friendly staffs

Santa Ana - Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.

Santa Ana - early walk-in successful, the day after I recieved the biometrics letter (original appointment date: 03/11)! Really nice staff and security guards.

Santa Ana - 7/30/2014 Early walk-in successful (Original appt date is August 14, 2014). I was in and out in 15 minutes!

Santa Ana - 7/28/2014 Early walk-in successful. Really nice staff... was in and out within minutes. Very short wait since there were others ahead of me. Very friendly.

Santa Rosa - Walked in right after lunch. very few people. They were not happy and pointed out the scheduled date many times, but didn't send us away. I'm glad we were in the area and busy on our actual day.

San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)

San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

San Jose - 4/29/14 - Successful. Appointment for 5/14/14. Did a walk-in at 11.20am. Staff was pleasant and polite. In and out in 10 minutes.

West Sacramento - 4/28/14 - Unsuccessful

Chula Vista, San Diego - Successful. 3 pm. Original appt Oct 5.

COLORADO

Aurora - Went 10 days early. Reason: I was in the area and had lots of meetings on appointment day. Successful. I arrived at 8 am and saw that lots of people were waiting. Left, did some chores, and came back at 9:15. Finished biometrics in 10 minutes.

Denver - went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA

Jacksonville - May 2013- Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, successful in 25 minutes.

Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.

Oakland Park - Feb 2013 - Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, succsessful in 10 minutes.

Tampa - May 2014 - Said I would be out of town, 2.5 weeks before appointment, successful in under 30 minutes

Tampa - 8/12/2014 - Appointment for 8/21/14 - Gave no reason, successful

Tampa - 9/18/2015 - Appointment for 9/22/15 - Not successful, was told to come back day of appointment, was told they were understaffed and there were no walk-ins allowed all day

West Palm Beach 6/14/2016 Appointment for 6/24/2016. Successful, wasn't asked why , just did everything in 20 min. They were nice.

GEORGIA

Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.

Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.

Atlanta - Appointment for 04/26/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 04/17/13 successfully. Reason was husband is working on appointment day. No question of reason though.

Atlanta - Appointment for 10/18/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 10/01/13 as we are on vacation on appointment day. No problems, the place was deserted. Successful - in and out in 10 minutes.

ILLINOIS

Naperville (abut 30 miles west of Chicago) - My appt was 8/13. Went on 8/30 at 2pm but was unsuccessful - only one technician on duty. I asked if there was any point in trying again and was told 'I can't tell you not to try again but to try earlier in the day'. I went on 8/1 at 11am and was seen after the 11am appts. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. I was told that I shouldn't really be doing this and not to do it again but at least they saw me. I didn't give any reason for wanting an earlier appt. I just said that I had been waiting so long during the whole K1 process, I would like to get a head start on AOS!

INDIANA

Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA

Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful

Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA

Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

New Orleans - August 2018 - Successful. My biometrics were scheduled for August 16th, but I had a trip planned to Montana. I showed up August 6th and they gave me a hard time, but I told them I had proof I was going out of state and eventually they let me do it  

MAINE

Portland - Sept. 2, 2016 - Successful, early and at a different location. My husband (beneficiary) and I moved to Maine a few weeks after filing for AOS, but our appointment was for the Brooklyn, NY office. We had the biometrics letter overnighted to us, and also brought along copies of our AR-11 to show we had moved and the marriage certificate for change of name (we both changed names). We got to the Portland field office during the lunch hour from 12-1pm. Security guard let us in, was very nice, and friendly. We told him our appointment was scheduled for a week out, in Brooklyn, he said "no problem, we'll take care of you." The woman at the window was happy we brought all the documentation that we did. She joked with my husband that he would have been waiting a lot longer in Brooklyn. There was only one other customer there, we were in and out within minutes once the staff returned from lunch. They stamped and signed the original letter and gave it back to us.

MARYLAND

Baltimore - April/2013, told guard I will have oral surgery couple days before appointment & will be very swollen/bruised, she asked for supporting documents which I provided. Denied walk in. Was told I could come the day of if I was feeling well enough or after appointment date but not before.

Wheaton - told Security guard I was not going to be in State on the day. Yes

Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

Wheaton - Dec 27, 2013 - Told guard we had an 01/07/14 appointment in Baltimore but had a dr. appointment the same day. He passed us on through. The gentleman who we talked to gave us a lecture about going to the wrong place, that people would be waiting for us on the appointed day, that it wasn't fair to them, etc, etc. - but then said he would allow it this time but to do all other appointments on the scheduled date at the right office.

MASSACHUSETTS

Boston - I took my wife for her scheduled biometrics appointment on 1/14/14. In an effort to get some info for this thread I asked the woman at the front desk if they allow early walk-ins, this was her reply: "It depends on what the reason is. If you legitimately need to come at an earlier date they will allow it, but if you just walk in for no apparent reason, they may not."

Boston - Tried to do early walk in for my appointment in Lawrence, told them I worked in Boston and would have to take time off to go to Lawrence. They asked me if I couldn't make it on the original date, I said I could, just didn't want to take time off from work. They told me I'd have to come back on the day of my appointment, but I could do it in Boston. Still waiting to go back. - Not successful.

Boston - I missed my 01/08/2016 appointment due to the info getting to me too late (got it on 01/11). Called USCIS helpline, was told to either try a late walk-in or send paper in to Virginia to get a new appointment (wait time about a month *ahhh*). Showed up at Center today (01/12/2016) with letter and ID, manager came over to sign off on late slip and let me in no problem. There at 8:45am, back out at 9:30am, not bad at all and ALL DONE.

Boston - 08/01/2016. Success! Stopped by at 2:30pm - 30 mins before closing, there were just few people waiting, security didn't even asked for a reason why I'm there 11 days earlier, let me in. While seating and filling the paper - the supervisor approached me and politely asked for a reason why I came in early - I explained my situation that my spouse has a court hearing the same day and time like my original appointment and I have to be there (it's true). He just smiled back and I was done in 10 mins. Very nice and kind people working there!

Lawrence - did an early walk in 3 weeks before my appointment. Just asked politely if it was ok as I was in the area that day anyway. They couldn't have been nicer. Done and on my way home in less than 25mins! Was quite anxious beforehand as I'd heard bad things about Lawrence. But they were all friendly and really nice and accommodating.

Lawrence - 05/08/14 - Went one day early, they commented that it was supposed to be the next day, no questions. Successful. Should've tried there first instead of Boston - MUCH better office.

MICHIGAN

Detroit 07/29/14 SUCESSFUL

-We arrived about 245pm security only asked for identification and where we were going. The clerk in ASC was more difficult initially when she looked at our appointment she said why are you here so early (appt scheduled for 08/14/14) I explained my wife is pregnant and due any day she said well we had a power outage yesterday I don't know if we will be able to get you in ( only 2 people were waiting for someone) so she went to ask her supervisor when she returned handed me the clipboard and stamped our I -797 and said I can't guarantee it but fill out this form so as soon as I finished filling the forms they called my wife and son back about 15 minutes in total.

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

Minneapolis - May 2012- NO because one of the computers was down

St Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful

St Paul - April 14th, 2014. Guard noted we were kind of early but I can let you in, as we're not busy. We mentioned we had a trip planned on the appointment day, after his comment. Successful

St. Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful. They will let you in if it is a slow day at the office.

MISSOURI

St. Louis - No problems, no questions asked, Successful

MONTANA

Helena - family had appts on different days. Did all the same day. Friendly office.

NEBRASKA

Omaha - 3/22/2012- appointment was for Apr 5. No questions. Successful

Omaha - 4/08/2014 - Appointment was for 4/18. No questions asked. Successful

NEVADA

Las Vegas- 9/30/2016- Successful. 1:30 pm. Original appointment Oct 13.

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Manchester - Did routine security check and showed I-797 to guy at the window who said the decision would be the department's whether to take early appointment or not. Lady gave me lecture on how to change appt, if not able to make it and said they need to stop early walk-ins as they schedule staff based on # of persons per appt, Asked why I wanted it done, told the truth...it was anxiety....

NEW JERSEY

Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

Elizabeth - Early walk-in only in case of emergency and with proof in hand.

NEW YORK

Brooklyn (60th St) - 5/7/14 (9am Wednesday morning) - no reason asked or given - successful, but an hour or so wait

Holtsville (Long Island) - 5/22/12 No reason asked. YES

Holtsville (Long Island) - 4/11/16 Successful. Officer asked for a reason and I explained that I had to take the day off to drive husband to the doctor and was hoping to not have to take another day off later in the week for biometrics as well. She said no problem. No wait. We were the only ones there at 12:30PM.

Long Island City, Queens 07/26/16 - Successful, though asked for reasons. Orig appt Aug 2.

Manhattan - 11/21/2010 - Successful. I did a walk-in at Varick Street in late October, about 2 weeks before my appointment date. I went at 8am, I was one of the first people there, so I had my biometrics done straight away. They didn't say or ask anything about me coming early. In all it only took about 20 minutes from arriving until I was done.

Manhattan - 11/22/2010 - Successful. Went at 7:45am this morning. No one asked about me being there 3 weeks earlier than the date on the letter. Was out again by 8:25am

Manhattan - 09/15/2011 - Successful. I arrived at 7:50 with 3 people ahead of me in line. My scheduled appointment date is a week away. I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Manhattan - 02/21/2012 - Successful. I walked in a couple of weeks ago - a week before my scheduled appointment. Arrived at 8, 10 people in line before me, guard verifying our documents looked at mine and mentioned my appointment is in a week. Told him I'm moving the same day of the scheduled appointment, he didn't seem alarmed - let me go. Smooth sail after, was out before 8:30 and everyone there were super sweet.

Manhattan - 08/08/2012 - Successful. Scheduled appointment is August 24th. I arrived at 7:50 and got into a long line to go through security which opened at 8 am. I was on my way home by 8:40.

Manhattan - 01/15/2013, Couldn't get to Philadelphia, Walk in Successful

Manhattan - 02/01/2013 - Successful. Walked into Varick ACS 2:00 PM.. Building security just saw my letter, let me in, no questions. I was out of the building by 2:20 PM.

Manhattan - 05/31/2013 - Successful. My appointment was for June 12 and I'm on business travel. I walked into Varick offie at 10:10 am and was out by 10:20 am.

Manhattan - 02/08/2016 - Successful. I got into the building around 8.10 and was out and biometrics done by 8.30 no questions asked nothing about not being on the official scheduled date and they were very friendly.

Manhattan - 03/04/2016 - Successful, no questions asked. Went at 08.00, not super busy, waited 45 minutes.

Manhattan - 04/01/2016 - Successful. Friday afternoon at 3pm. Super fast and excellent service!

Manhattan - 05/11/2016 - Successful. Security guy came check if you have appt paper. He checked mine and told me that my appt is in 2 weeks. I told him nicely that I am aware of that but I will be out for work on that day I hope they let it slide this time for me. He then let me go on. I was out of building 8:15.

Manhattan - 06/13/2016 - Successful. No questions asked. Arrived at 9:00am. It was a busy Monday morning, I was out at 10:00am

Port Chester - 02/21/2013, No reasons asked, very friendly, successful. Note: I am living in Connecticut but close enough to the New York state line - appointment scheduled automatically for Port Chester, not CT.

Port Chester - 03/01/2016 - Successful. No questions asked, friendly guard smiled, checked the appt letter, and gave us a form to fill out. Total time take just over an hour. (original appt was for 3/11)

NORTH CAROLINA

Morrisville- 09/27/2016 - 3pm. Successful. Orig appt Oct 4.

Charlotte - 11/08/2016 - 1.45pm successful. No questions asked, very empty only one person in front of me. Original appt nov 9th

OHIO

Cincinnati - 01/27/2017 - Successful

Cincinnati - 07/23/2014 - Successful.

Cleveland - no questions. Successful.

OREGON

Portland- 07/2012 Unsuccessful, no walk-ins allowed.

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia - Drummond Road -Successful. No questions asked. YES

Philadelphia - Oct 2013 successful

Philadelphia (May 12, 2014) - Drummond Road. SUCCESS, but highly stressful and not recommended on a Monday AM unless an emergency.

Pittsburgh - did this twice and no questions asked! YES

York - Successful. Place was basically empty and took less than 10 mins.

Pittsburgh - 7/7/14: No issues, place was empty and they were happy to do it (17 days earlier than scheduled appt). In and out in 10-15 mins.

TENNESSEE

Nashville - 06/13/2016 - Success

Nashville - 06/24/2016 - Success

Nashville - Feb./2016 - Successful.

Nashville - 10/03/2016 - Successful. Security person informed that walk-in's are accepted only after noon, but ok at 10:45 because they were not busy.

TEXAS

Austin - We were in the area that day (we live an hour away) - Yes

Austin - Feb 2014. Was initially told to come back after 12noon but then success.

Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you

Fort Worth (Landmark Lake) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.

Houston (Hwy 290 office) - Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

Houston (Hwy 290 office) - June 2016 - Went first thing Monday. Told wouldn't be a problem but to come back in the afternoon (they were really busy). 2nd attempt and was done within 30 minutes. Successful.

Houston SW (Sugarland) - No questions. YES

Houston SW (Sugarland) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Successful

Alexandria- 01/07/2014- A week early. No questions asked about date on letter. Successful.

Alexandria- 02/27/2014- A week early. Gave no reason. Handed them appointment letter and passport, that was it. Successful

Alexandria- 05/16/2014- 3 weeks early.Gave no reason & no questions has been asked. SUCCESSFUL.

Alexandria- 09/15/2015- A week early, work conflict. No questions asked, place was deserted so service immediately. Successful.

Alexandria- 06/13/2016- 9 days early, no questions asked. Place was kinda crowded at 10 AM, about 40 people ahead of me, it took 1 hour and 5 minutes, the officer was very nice. Successful.

Alexandria- 07/18/2016- 10 days early, no questions asked. Gave no reason. Took 45 minutes. Came in at around 9:30 a.m. Successful.

Alexandria - 5/30/18 - no questions asked, successful. I checked in about noon and I was in there for about 30 mins. Very friendly staff & very efficient office.

Alexandria - 6/5/18- 6 days early. Walked in 1:45 pm, took 20 min. Officer noticed I came early, I explained (work travel), no problem. Successful.

WASHINGTON

Tukwila - 06/19/2014 - 2 weeks early. No reason necessary. In and out in 20 minutes. Successful.

Tukwila - 06/21/2014 - 9 days early. No reason necesssary. In and out in 10 minutes. Successful.

Tukwila - 10/12/2018 - 14 days early. I told them "I'travelling and I'm willing to wait".  In and out in 20 minutes. Successful.

Seattle Field Office:

Tukwila - 10/12/2018 - 14 days early. I told them "I'travelling and I'm willing to wait".  In and out in 20 minutes. Successful.

Edited by dahlia0811

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

• 4 months later...

ALABAMA

Birmingham, AL - He give us a hard time, but finally agreed to let us through. Successful.

ARIZONA

Phoenix, AZ - Gave no reason, no questions asked, successful. Staff very friendly and courteous. Went on Monday at opening time (8 am), in and out in 20 minutes.

Tucson, AZ - 12/28/15, I-751, gave no reason, no questions asked, successful. 01/03/17, N-400, gave no reason, no questions asked, successful.

CALIFORNIA

Buena Park - No reason, just gave security guard my appt letter. YES

Chula Vista - 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. Successful.

Chula Vista - 06/27/16 Walked-in at 12pm, was asked to return around 230. No reason asked. Successful!

El Monte - 13 days early. Work conflict. Sup wasn't nice about it, but biometrics got done!

Fresno - 07/14/14 - Successful, no questions asked. After 2 pm walk-ins allowed.

Fresno - 06/28/2016 - UNSUCCESSFUL. 7 days early, went in at 2.15pm. Guard advised to come back on actual appointment day cos it was packed.

Gardena - 5/24/12

Los Angeles - (USCIS Fairfax on W. Pico). Successful with no questions asked. 01/11/2015-> walked in 9 days before appointment, asked to come around 2pm. Let me take biometrics no problem then!

Los Angeles - (downtown) July 2012. NO

Los Angeles - San Fernando valley (Chatsworth) division: successful walk-in, no questions asked, short wait. 6/11/13.

Modesto - 10 days early. Went in to try our luck for my wife (K-1) and step daughter (K-2) AOS/EAD Biometrics and no questions asked. The process took about 10 minutes. The employees on-site were very friendly.

Oakland - Oct 2013 successful

Oxnard - July 21st 2016 - Successful. Went first thing in the morning nine days early. Only a few people in the facility waiting. Nobody asked why we came early.

Pomona - long wait. Successful

Riverside - Nov 10, 2014 - Unsuccessful. Original appt for Nov 17. Told to come back on the scheduled date. Guard was firm and unfriendly. Didn't help that the woman in front of me was arguing with another member of staff about her appt date.

San Francisco - Feb 2014 - Successful, no questions asked.

San Francisco - 05/19/2014 - No question asked for three weeks early walk-in. Just showed security guard the letter. Get it done in half hour. Friendly staffs

Santa Ana - Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.

Santa Ana - early walk-in successful, the day after I recieved the biometrics letter (original appointment date: 03/11)! Really nice staff and security guards.

Santa Ana - 7/30/2014 Early walk-in successful (Original appt date is August 14, 2014). I was in and out in 15 minutes!

Santa Ana - 7/28/2014 Early walk-in successful. Really nice staff... was in and out within minutes. Very short wait since there were others ahead of me. Very friendly.

Santa Rosa - Walked in right after lunch. very few people. They were not happy and pointed out the scheduled date many times, but didn't send us away. I'm glad we were in the area and busy on our actual day.

San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)

San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

San Jose - 4/29/14 - Successful. Appointment for 5/14/14. Did a walk-in at 11.20am. Staff was pleasant and polite. In and out in 10 minutes.

West Sacramento - 4/28/14 - Unsuccessful

Chula Vista, San Diego - Successful. 3 pm. Original appt Oct 5.

COLORADO

Aurora - Went 10 days early. Reason: I was in the area and had lots of meetings on appointment day. Successful. I arrived at 8 am and saw that lots of people were waiting. Left, did some chores, and came back at 9:15. Finished biometrics in 10 minutes.

Denver - went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA

Jacksonville - May 2013- Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, successful in 25 minutes.

Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.

Oakland Park - Feb 2013 - Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, succsessful in 10 minutes.

Tampa - May 2014 - Said I would be out of town, 2.5 weeks before appointment, successful in under 30 minutes

Tampa - 8/12/2014 - Appointment for 8/21/14 - Gave no reason, successful

Tampa - 9/18/2015 - Appointment for 9/22/15 - Not successful, was told to come back day of appointment, was told they were understaffed and there were no walk-ins allowed all day

West Palm Beach 6/14/2016 Appointment for 6/24/2016. Successful, wasn't asked why , just did everything in 20 min. They were nice.

GEORGIA

Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.

Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.

Atlanta - Appointment for 04/26/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 04/17/13 successfully. Reason was husband is working on appointment day. No question of reason though.

Atlanta - Appointment for 10/18/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 10/01/13 as we are on vacation on appointment day. No problems, the place was deserted. Successful - in and out in 10 minutes.

ILLINOIS

Naperville (abut 30 miles west of Chicago) - My appt was 8/13. Went on 8/30 at 2pm but was unsuccessful - only one technician on duty. I asked if there was any point in trying again and was told 'I can't tell you not to try again but to try earlier in the day'. I went on 8/1 at 11am and was seen after the 11am appts. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. I was told that I shouldn't really be doing this and not to do it again but at least they saw me. I didn't give any reason for wanting an earlier appt. I just said that I had been waiting so long during the whole K1 process, I would like to get a head start on AOS!

INDIANA

Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA

Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful

Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA

Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

New Orleans - August 2018 - Successful. My biometrics were scheduled for August 16th, but I had a trip planned to Montana. I showed up August 6th and they gave me a hard time, but I told them I had proof I was going out of state and eventually they let me do it  

MAINE

Portland - Sept. 2, 2016 - Successful, early and at a different location. My husband (beneficiary) and I moved to Maine a few weeks after filing for AOS, but our appointment was for the Brooklyn, NY office. We had the biometrics letter overnighted to us, and also brought along copies of our AR-11 to show we had moved and the marriage certificate for change of name (we both changed names). We got to the Portland field office during the lunch hour from 12-1pm. Security guard let us in, was very nice, and friendly. We told him our appointment was scheduled for a week out, in Brooklyn, he said "no problem, we'll take care of you." The woman at the window was happy we brought all the documentation that we did. She joked with my husband that he would have been waiting a lot longer in Brooklyn. There was only one other customer there, we were in and out within minutes once the staff returned from lunch. They stamped and signed the original letter and gave it back to us.

MARYLAND

Baltimore - April/2013, told guard I will have oral surgery couple days before appointment & will be very swollen/bruised, she asked for supporting documents which I provided. Denied walk in. Was told I could come the day of if I was feeling well enough or after appointment date but not before.

Wheaton - told Security guard I was not going to be in State on the day. Yes

Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

Wheaton - Dec 27, 2013 - Told guard we had an 01/07/14 appointment in Baltimore but had a dr. appointment the same day. He passed us on through. The gentleman who we talked to gave us a lecture about going to the wrong place, that people would be waiting for us on the appointed day, that it wasn't fair to them, etc, etc. - but then said he would allow it this time but to do all other appointments on the scheduled date at the right office.

MASSACHUSETTS

Boston - I took my wife for her scheduled biometrics appointment on 1/14/14. In an effort to get some info for this thread I asked the woman at the front desk if they allow early walk-ins, this was her reply: "It depends on what the reason is. If you legitimately need to come at an earlier date they will allow it, but if you just walk in for no apparent reason, they may not."

Boston - Tried to do early walk in for my appointment in Lawrence, told them I worked in Boston and would have to take time off to go to Lawrence. They asked me if I couldn't make it on the original date, I said I could, just didn't want to take time off from work. They told me I'd have to come back on the day of my appointment, but I could do it in Boston. Still waiting to go back. - Not successful.

Boston - I missed my 01/08/2016 appointment due to the info getting to me too late (got it on 01/11). Called USCIS helpline, was told to either try a late walk-in or send paper in to Virginia to get a new appointment (wait time about a month *ahhh*). Showed up at Center today (01/12/2016) with letter and ID, manager came over to sign off on late slip and let me in no problem. There at 8:45am, back out at 9:30am, not bad at all and ALL DONE.

Boston - 08/01/2016. Success! Stopped by at 2:30pm - 30 mins before closing, there were just few people waiting, security didn't even asked for a reason why I'm there 11 days earlier, let me in. While seating and filling the paper - the supervisor approached me and politely asked for a reason why I came in early - I explained my situation that my spouse has a court hearing the same day and time like my original appointment and I have to be there (it's true). He just smiled back and I was done in 10 mins. Very nice and kind people working there!

Lawrence - did an early walk in 3 weeks before my appointment. Just asked politely if it was ok as I was in the area that day anyway. They couldn't have been nicer. Done and on my way home in less than 25mins! Was quite anxious beforehand as I'd heard bad things about Lawrence. But they were all friendly and really nice and accommodating.

Lawrence - 05/08/14 - Went one day early, they commented that it was supposed to be the next day, no questions. Successful. Should've tried there first instead of Boston - MUCH better office.

MICHIGAN

Detroit 07/29/14 SUCESSFUL

-We arrived about 245pm security only asked for identification and where we were going. The clerk in ASC was more difficult initially when she looked at our appointment she said why are you here so early (appt scheduled for 08/14/14) I explained my wife is pregnant and due any day she said well we had a power outage yesterday I don't know if we will be able to get you in ( only 2 people were waiting for someone) so she went to ask her supervisor when she returned handed me the clipboard and stamped our I -797 and said I can't guarantee it but fill out this form so as soon as I finished filling the forms they called my wife and son back about 15 minutes in total.

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

Minneapolis - May 2012- NO because one of the computers was down

St Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful

St Paul - April 14th, 2014. Guard noted we were kind of early but I can let you in, as we're not busy. We mentioned we had a trip planned on the appointment day, after his comment. Successful

St. Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful. They will let you in if it is a slow day at the office.

MISSOURI

St. Louis - No problems, no questions asked, Successful

MONTANA

Helena - family had appts on different days. Did all the same day. Friendly office.

NEBRASKA

Omaha - 3/22/2012- appointment was for Apr 5. No questions. Successful

Omaha - 4/08/2014 - Appointment was for 4/18. No questions asked. Successful

NEVADA

Las Vegas- 9/30/2016- Successful. 1:30 pm. Original appointment Oct 13.

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Manchester - Did routine security check and showed I-797 to guy at the window who said the decision would be the department's whether to take early appointment or not. Lady gave me lecture on how to change appt, if not able to make it and said they need to stop early walk-ins as they schedule staff based on # of persons per appt, Asked why I wanted it done, told the truth...it was anxiety....

NEW JERSEY

Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

Elizabeth - Early walk-in only in case of emergency and with proof in hand.

Elizabeth - 3/4/19 1:00pm - (appt at 11am 3/4/19 in BROOKLYN) - Brooklyn office closed for snow (as was Manhattan) traveled out to New Jersey and they were fine letting me do it there, very friendly. Did have a 2 hour wait though as it was busy, but SUCCESSFUL!!!

NEW YORK

Brooklyn (60th St) - 5/7/14 (9am Wednesday morning) - no reason asked or given - successful, but an hour or so wait

Holtsville (Long Island) - 5/22/12 No reason asked. YES

Holtsville (Long Island) - 4/11/16 Successful. Officer asked for a reason and I explained that I had to take the day off to drive husband to the doctor and was hoping to not have to take another day off later in the week for biometrics as well. She said no problem. No wait. We were the only ones there at 12:30PM.

Long Island City, Queens 07/26/16 - Successful, though asked for reasons. Orig appt Aug 2.

Manhattan - 11/21/2010 - Successful. I did a walk-in at Varick Street in late October, about 2 weeks before my appointment date. I went at 8am, I was one of the first people there, so I had my biometrics done straight away. They didn't say or ask anything about me coming early. In all it only took about 20 minutes from arriving until I was done.

Manhattan - 11/22/2010 - Successful. Went at 7:45am this morning. No one asked about me being there 3 weeks earlier than the date on the letter. Was out again by 8:25am

Manhattan - 09/15/2011 - Successful. I arrived at 7:50 with 3 people ahead of me in line. My scheduled appointment date is a week away. I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Manhattan - 02/21/2012 - Successful. I walked in a couple of weeks ago - a week before my scheduled appointment. Arrived at 8, 10 people in line before me, guard verifying our documents looked at mine and mentioned my appointment is in a week. Told him I'm moving the same day of the scheduled appointment, he didn't seem alarmed - let me go. Smooth sail after, was out before 8:30 and everyone there were super sweet.

Manhattan - 08/08/2012 - Successful. Scheduled appointment is August 24th. I arrived at 7:50 and got into a long line to go through security which opened at 8 am. I was on my way home by 8:40.

Manhattan - 01/15/2013, Couldn't get to Philadelphia, Walk in Successful

Manhattan - 02/01/2013 - Successful. Walked into Varick ACS 2:00 PM.. Building security just saw my letter, let me in, no questions. I was out of the building by 2:20 PM.

Manhattan - 05/31/2013 - Successful. My appointment was for June 12 and I'm on business travel. I walked into Varick offie at 10:10 am and was out by 10:20 am.

Manhattan - 02/08/2016 - Successful. I got into the building around 8.10 and was out and biometrics done by 8.30 no questions asked nothing about not being on the official scheduled date and they were very friendly.

Manhattan - 03/04/2016 - Successful, no questions asked. Went at 08.00, not super busy, waited 45 minutes.

Manhattan - 04/01/2016 - Successful. Friday afternoon at 3pm. Super fast and excellent service!

Manhattan - 05/11/2016 - Successful. Security guy came check if you have appt paper. He checked mine and told me that my appt is in 2 weeks. I told him nicely that I am aware of that but I will be out for work on that day I hope they let it slide this time for me. He then let me go on. I was out of building 8:15.

Manhattan - 06/13/2016 - Successful. No questions asked. Arrived at 9:00am. It was a busy Monday morning, I was out at 10:00am

Port Chester - 02/21/2013, No reasons asked, very friendly, successful. Note: I am living in Connecticut but close enough to the New York state line - appointment scheduled automatically for Port Chester, not CT.

Port Chester - 03/01/2016 - Successful. No questions asked, friendly guard smiled, checked the appt letter, and gave us a form to fill out. Total time take just over an hour. (original appt was for 3/11)

NORTH CAROLINA

Morrisville- 09/27/2016 - 3pm. Successful. Orig appt Oct 4.

Charlotte - 11/08/2016 - 1.45pm successful. No questions asked, very empty only one person in front of me. Original appt nov 9th

OHIO

Cincinnati - 01/27/2017 - Successful

Cincinnati - 07/23/2014 - Successful.

Cleveland - no questions. Successful.

OREGON

Portland- 07/2012 Unsuccessful, no walk-ins allowed.

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia - Drummond Road -Successful. No questions asked. YES

Philadelphia - Oct 2013 successful

Philadelphia (May 12, 2014) - Drummond Road. SUCCESS, but highly stressful and not recommended on a Monday AM unless an emergency.

Pittsburgh - did this twice and no questions asked! YES

York - Successful. Place was basically empty and took less than 10 mins.

Pittsburgh - 7/7/14: No issues, place was empty and they were happy to do it (17 days earlier than scheduled appt). In and out in 10-15 mins.

TENNESSEE

Nashville - 06/13/2016 - Success

Nashville - 06/24/2016 - Success

Nashville - Feb./2016 - Successful.

Nashville - 10/03/2016 - Successful. Security person informed that walk-in's are accepted only after noon, but ok at 10:45 because they were not busy.

TEXAS

Austin - We were in the area that day (we live an hour away) - Yes

Austin - Feb 2014. Was initially told to come back after 12noon but then success.

Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you

Fort Worth (Landmark Lake) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.

Houston (Hwy 290 office) - Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

Houston (Hwy 290 office) - June 2016 - Went first thing Monday. Told wouldn't be a problem but to come back in the afternoon (they were really busy). 2nd attempt and was done within 30 minutes. Successful.

Houston SW (Sugarland) - No questions. YES

Houston SW (Sugarland) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Successful

Alexandria- 01/07/2014- A week early. No questions asked about date on letter. Successful.

Alexandria- 02/27/2014- A week early. Gave no reason. Handed them appointment letter and passport, that was it. Successful

Alexandria- 05/16/2014- 3 weeks early.Gave no reason & no questions has been asked. SUCCESSFUL.

Alexandria- 09/15/2015- A week early, work conflict. No questions asked, place was deserted so service immediately. Successful.

Alexandria- 06/13/2016- 9 days early, no questions asked. Place was kinda crowded at 10 AM, about 40 people ahead of me, it took 1 hour and 5 minutes, the officer was very nice. Successful.

Alexandria- 07/18/2016- 10 days early, no questions asked. Gave no reason. Took 45 minutes. Came in at around 9:30 a.m. Successful.

Alexandria - 5/30/18 - no questions asked, successful. I checked in about noon and I was in there for about 30 mins. Very friendly staff & very efficient office.

Alexandria - 6/5/18- 6 days early. Walked in 1:45 pm, took 20 min. Officer noticed I came early, I explained (work travel), no problem. Successful.

WASHINGTON

Tukwila - 06/19/2014 - 2 weeks early. No reason necessary. In and out in 20 minutes. Successful.

Tukwila - 06/21/2014 - 9 days early. No reason necesssary. In and out in 10 minutes. Successful.

Edited by adamj7

K1 NOA1: 2018-01-26

K1 NOA2: 2018-08-06

NVC received: 2018-09-04

K1 Interview: 2018-11-14

K1 Visa in hand: 2018-11-22

POE: 2018-12-13

SSN application: 2019-01-08

Marriage: 2019-01-18 (the best bit!)

SSN in hand: 2019-01-28

AOS application: 2019-01-31

EAD application: 2019-01-31

AP application: 2019-01-31

AOS NOA1: 2019-02-14 

EAD NOA1: 2019-02-14

AP NOA1: 2019-02-14

BIOMETRICS: 2019-03-04

AOS Interview: 2020-02-06

AOS approved: 2020-02-06

Green Card in Hand: 2020-02-20

ROC packet sent: 2021-12-08

ROC Biometrics: 2022-01-29

On 3/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, sam.e said:

Late to the game, but is there a benefit from walking in instead of waiting for your appointed time?

Thanks!

It seems to me (from what I've read on VJ) that its best to go earlier if you know you're going to miss the appointment - and depending on which office you go to whether they'll let you in, because missing an appointment means an extra wait for a new appointment.  

I went to a different office as the one my appointment was scheduled at was closed due to snow and I was panicked about having a long wait to get another appointment, and they let me complete the biometrics - but it was later the same day mine was due to be done.

I would say stick to your original appointment if you can - then there's no chance of them turning you away or the process getting messed with.

K1 NOA1: 2018-01-26

K1 NOA2: 2018-08-06

NVC received: 2018-09-04

K1 Interview: 2018-11-14

K1 Visa in hand: 2018-11-22

POE: 2018-12-13

SSN application: 2019-01-08

Marriage: 2019-01-18 (the best bit!)

SSN in hand: 2019-01-28

AOS application: 2019-01-31

EAD application: 2019-01-31

AP application: 2019-01-31

AOS NOA1: 2019-02-14 

EAD NOA1: 2019-02-14

AP NOA1: 2019-02-14

BIOMETRICS: 2019-03-04

AOS Interview: 2020-02-06

AOS approved: 2020-02-06

Green Card in Hand: 2020-02-20

ROC packet sent: 2021-12-08

ROC Biometrics: 2022-01-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Managed to do an early walk-in in Las Vegas office. Go on a Wednesday at about 2:30-3:00 pm. We were the only people in the biometric area. In and out in 10-15 minutes. This was on 3-13-19. Received appointment letter on 3-9-2019 a Saturday, so since I heard most people say Wednesday is " walk-in Wednesday" that is what I did.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anybody have experience in Guam. I have appt in cleveland ohio but im travelling in asia right now. Guam is the closet i could fly to do early walk ins. dont know if they allow walks in

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Our I-485 (AOs) status just updated to 'interview scheduled' which confirms that going in early for biometrics does in fact speed up the process (our biometrics date was scheduled for 4/26 and we were misinformed by the rep at the uscis office who said doing biometrics early wouldn't speed up the process).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Texas - Fort Worth ASC. 5/6/19 - appointment was for 5/16/19. Successful. Arrived at 10am, but had to wait until noon to get our number, so they could accommodate appointments first. Security guard didn't give us a hard time. 

Edited by jay9475
Updated

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Houston - Hwy6 S Location, not sure if this is the same SW Sugarland location posted prior... but no issues. 
I honestly doubt they even looked at the appointment date; it was never mentioned as we handed them paper work. 
The only quip I have is for anyone who has supporting documentation (marriage certificate) in the case that your ID (passport) has a different name than your USCIS Biometrics Appointment Letter to bring along the marriage certificate. Not that it was asked for in our case, but definitely would have cleared up some confusion.

Scheduled for 7/24/2019, went in on 7/16/2019 and was in and out in less than 30minutes. Went in around 10:20 AM.

K-1 Visa Journey

Spoiler

tYjbOzI.png

H1GRDFO.png

AOS Journey

Spoiler

06/13/2019 Original AOS (Only I-485) sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

06/15/2019 I-485 delivered 

06/24/2019 Received NOA1 Hard Copy 

07/09/2019 Original I-765 sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

07/11/2019 I-765 delivered

07/12/2019 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 7/24/2019 @  10:00

07/15/2019 Received NOA1 for I-765

07/16/2019 Biometrics completed early, no issues

07/17/2019 Case Status updated to 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'; I-485 is being processed.

01/17/2020 Case Status on I-485 updated to 'Interview Was Scheduled'

01/25/2020 Received interview notice scheduled for 2/24/2020 in the mail with the interview date and instructions

02/10/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'New Card Is Being Produced' (214 days from delivery)

02/11/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/12/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', but no tracking info as of yet.

02/13/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service', tracking info received.

02/14/2020 Received NOA2, approval notice in the mail, for I-765

02/15/2020 EAD Card in hand, by USPS

02/24/2020 I-485 Interview; passed and approved! Status updated to 'New Card is Being Produced'

02/25/2020 I-485 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/27/2020 I-485 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', no tracking info.

03/02/2020 Green Card in Hand.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 11:34 PM, ivantran85 said:

Anybody have experience in Guam. I have appt in cleveland ohio but im travelling in asia right now. Guam is the closet i could fly to do early walk ins. dont know if they allow walks in

Hey just wondering if you attempted to walk in at the guam office? I'm in a similar situation where I'll be in hawaii for an extended period of time and cannot make it back to alabama for my biometrics appointment. My plan is to attempt a walk in at the honolulu office before my appointment date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.