rasta

racism at consulate

167 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Slow day eh Bill. :lol:

Nope. I did a job before lunch, and after dropping off the wife at work, and getting materials from Home Depot, it was too frigging hot to work on the goat pen. The second load of dishes is soaking in the sink.

Nope. I did a job before lunch, and after dropping off the wife at work, and getting materials from Home Depot, it was too frigging hot to work on the goat pen. The second load of dishes is soaking in the sink.

Yikes. Now that was a busy day. And goats? Nice.

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, fed the cat and did the coffee and smoke thing before I messed around on the net. I qualified for tier 4 on my unemployment. I still have tier 5 to go yet. :D

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

martha and maddoff commited fraud.. the assumption is people from developed nations dont commit fraud hence less scrutiny from officials, oh boy are they wrong, develop nations commit higher fraud,. actually it is easier for them they dont have to apply for a visa they can just hope on a plane and be with their loved ones.

However, if we allowed people from undeveloped nations to enter the US by just hopping on a plane, like you said we do for developed nations, I believe statistics could prove fraud from these people would be higher (there's far more to gain). The fact that fraud in the US from people in undeveloped nations is less than from developed nations, if this is a fact, is probably a direct result of us not just letting them hop on a plane.

Less scrutiny from developed nations does not mean there is an assumption that they don't commit fraud, it just means there is assumption that they will commit LESS fraud.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Imagine if they implemented VWP for Mexico? I read somewhere that visa denials have to fall below a certain percentage before they can be considered for VWP.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

do you know the usa has the highest amount of murders

Where do you get your facts? The USA does not have the highest amount of murders, and certainly not per capita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

If you want to make a valid argument, then don't make up your own statistics to base your argument on. Your posts are not even worth reading since what you say is false and you obviously are so biased that you're unwilling to look at the facts and make a rational arguement.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: Timeline

Imagine if they implemented VWP for Mexico? I read somewhere that visa denials have to fall below a certain percentage before they can be considered for VWP.

Open the borders! Sooner, or later, it will all reach an equilibrium, US Citizens leaving, and new immigrants arriving. For Mexico, it will aggravate an already difficult issue: OTM flooding in from Central and South America heading north to the US.

Open the borders! Sooner, or later, it will all reach an equilibrium, US Citizens leaving, and new immigrants arriving. For Mexico, it will aggravate an already difficult issue: OTM flooding in from Central and South America heading north to the US.

We can turn the US into a 3rd world country in no time flat.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The same standards apply to all. Some are subjective. So it is incumbent on the person(s) applying for the benefit to prove the merits of their case.

I have never heard of a black interviewee getting asked if the parent died because they were marrying a white in a "1st" world embassy. But it happened in Lagos.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

It simply boils down to people from developing countries have a greater likelihood to commit immigration fraud based on the standards of living and quality of life in their home country. Someone from France, Europe, etc. typically comes from a high quality of life, therefore it's not as likely for them to commit fraud or simply want to enter the us for a better life... by any means necessary. It's as simple as that!

However, I once felt similiarly to you, especially after having worked at the US Embassy in a developing country and walking in and talking directly to the Chief Consular about my intent. It was a very disturbing conversation for me and my spouse, however I found that much of what he stated is in fact true and if you continue to follow VJ over the years, you will notice that there are multiple cases of immigration fraud committed with USC requesting the deportation of their significant other for fraud, which only complicates matters in the long run!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

It's really profiling and stereotyping, putting individuals into artificial categories and assuming everyone in the group has the same characteristics and behaves the same way. How is that NOT morally questionable? Making you pay for someone else's crimes?

Ow! I burned my thumb trying to hold my lighter up in the air.... :rofl:

It isn't the job of U.S. immigration (or Sate Department, or embassies) to follow some set of universal "moral" rules that you, or anyone else, find satisfactory. It is their job to screen potential visitors and immigrants, and assure that the standards that have been established are met. Immigration fraud is real, and statistically quantifiable. It is a demonstrably bigger problem in some regions of the world. This is reality, and I'm happy that we have some process for dealing with this.

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

if we pay for the sins of our fathers, then all europeans should pay for stealing our wealth from slavery to colonialism to neo colonialism in the form of foreign aid

Put down the Frantz Fanon book and back away.....

Seriously....why would you want to bring your fiance to a country so riddled with institutionalized racism? :huh:

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

i didnt even know who frantz fanon was, hmm checked him out he sounds just like me. bringing my fiance to this country is because my job is here but if they dont let her come then i will go stay with her.america institutions are full of racism no denying that. what im saying this is global APARTHEID against thirdworld countries simple.

i didnt even know who frantz fanon was, hmm checked him out he sounds just like me. bringing my fiance to this country is because my job is here but if they dont let her come then i will go stay with her.america institutions are full of racism no denying that. what im saying this is global APARTHEID against thirdworld countries simple.

Yes American institutions are full of racism. Especially our universities. I would stay as far away from the US as possible if I were you.

sigbet.jpg