Saylin

Should I give up or fight for him?

294 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

People say things like "She doesn't need to change in order for him to change" They don't understand that when you SHARE your life with someone you need to CHANGE and ADJUST for the sake of both living in peace and happiness. Everyone is so quick to take her side and advice her to move on. #######! I take neither side but if she wants so save her marriage she should start by taking a closer look at her self first. Encouraging her to move on is a coward lame easy way out of a sticky situation. Yes, her situation sucks but millions of couples go through worse and they manage to save their relationship, learn from the experience and live happily after. Marriage is a roller coaster and the sooner is accepted the better is to deal with situations like these. People need to stop been so proud and humble themselves even when they are the victims. Yes, he probably fell out of love in the same way that others couple do when they get bore with their partner. Is all about evolving as a person to keep the other interested instead boring the partner with the same rabbit trick.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. OP asked for opinions, and people gave theirs. You may disagree, but just as you have your opinion, realize everyone else has his/hers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Saylin,I am so sorry to hear that.I am going thru similar things that you are going thru except there is not another women there.he changed so mush after three mo. he arrived here. I am really considering to divorce him and I am NOT going to sign any papers to remove his condition next year.I talked to him many times and nothing helps and I don't want to continue my marriage under these conditions.You remember how much wait and worries,how many sleepless nights to wait for TSC to complete our cases so we could be together and happy with our husbands.

I hope everything goes well for you sweety and you will be happy again with your hubby.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Obviously, anything I type is going to be my own opinion here. I just think that you deserve much better than this guy. He's been treating you more like a roommate, he's been emotionally (if not physically) cheating on you, and he now probably thinks that he can get away with whatever he wants and you will forgive him. Believe me, I've been there. I've been in a relationship where a few happy moments seem to make up for all the pain and deceit, but then the cycle starts over again. I woke up one day and I wanted out. I just want you to decide if you want to work on your marriage (although it seems like you've been the only one trying) and if you do, to go into it with eyes open and completely realizing all of your self worth. If he's not the guy for you, there's one out there who will make you feel wanted, loved, and appreciated.

K1 Visa Timeline

01/13/2012 I-129F sent via USPS

01/16/2012 I-129F delivered

01/17/2012 NOA1 date on USCIS website

01/20/2012 Text and E-Mail Notification of NOA1!

01/20/2012 Check Cashed

01/23/2012 NOA1 Hardcopy

01/23/2012 Called USCIS to report that my fiance's name was misspelled on the NOA1

01/24/2012 Touched

01/26/2012 Received response to report, e-mail states error has been corrected.

02/08/2012 Touched

07/12/2012 NOA2! It took 177 days.

07/17/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy

07/20/2012 NVC received and forwarded to London

07/23/2012 Received in London

07/31/2012 Packet 3 received

08/02/2012 Packet 3 sent

08/16/2012 Medical

10/1/2012 Interview: APPROVED!

10/3/2012 Visa Issued

10/8/2012 Visa delivery

10/24/2012 POE Dublin

11/21/2012 Wedding

event.png

[uSCIS] cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Saylin :(

These things go two ways: he truly has a change of heart, or he goes back to his behaviour. If he doesn't totally grasp how he's hurt you, then he'll just feel guilty and give you those cuddles because it's what you said you missed. Not to be malicious, but because it's what makes sense for someone in his position to do.

He has to work very hard to earn that trust back. If after awhile he feels in his heart of hearts there is no connection between you guys, then you should just take care of yourself and make arrangements. Someone will only change if they want to, and for those of us who give them chance after chance, it's becomes exhausting and fruitless.

So sorry he did this, but I'm happy you stood up to him. I hope things work out for you guys, really. Hiccups happen. Some couples have what it takes to heal and move on - hopefully you two have it. If not, I'll fly down there and smack some sense into the boy. "Have you seen this girls spreadsheets?! She's a keeper, you dweeb!"

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He'll have to gain back your trust for sure. If he's really willing to work things out, I think he should offer to let you check his stuff. If he's got nothing to hide, he's got nothing to hide. In fact, he should stop deleting his txt messages on his mobile and let you read them.

Seriously unless he's got something to hide, he wouldn't care to be monitored in order to prove it. Proof of faithfullness is crucial at this moment.

It is possible that he finally woke up. A lot of men do not realize what they've lost until it's too late. I don't know who this girl is, but if he foolishly thinks this girl is good, he's dead wrong. (I kinda hope he reads this!) I don't care who she is, what she does for a living, how hot she looks.

There is nothing honorable in a woman, that knows a man is married, and purposely tries to snatch another woman's man.

It's only a game since it's the thrill of the catch, the competition between women that drives her. Once the fish is caught, onto another fish she goes.

It's the syndrome of the self-hating girl who needs to reassure herself by 'winning' against other females. The man himself doesn't matter.

So indeed, you love him from the bottom of your heart and in the process have committed to a life of marriage and making a move. That's dedication. That's love. You love him for him, for better a worse. THAT stands for something. So remember that whatever happens, that you're doing your best to make it work. That counts for something. It counts a great deal in a world where people have learned to use people and love things, instead of using things and loving people. It's precious but sometimes along the routine of everyday life, some people lose sight of its importance. I hope he means it.

(L) (L) Stay strong !!

2003 - Met online.

Feb 2011 - Reunited online :)

Feb 2011 - Apr 2011 - Kept in touch every single day.

May 5th, 2011 - Met in person in Montreal <3 Knew we were meant to be.

July 21, 2011 - Met in person in Seattle, WA. Started talking of marriage and filing.

Nov 21, 2011 - Filed for K-1 Visa

Nov 24, 2011 - Received NOA1

Mar 23, 2012 - Met in Montreal as happy fiances. Proposal in person. <3

April 21, 2012 - Received approved NOA2

Sometime in May, 2012 - Received packet 3 letter.

Working on it about to submit...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh Saylin, what happened in your marriage is exactly like mine. I was heartbroken when he told me that he was not happy with our marriage. We also rushed into marriage (we married after 4 months of dating). He is also a great worker, a great son and a great friend. Our relationship also broke after I moved to the state we are currently living 3 months. I got angry with him for not considering me enough but I also get angry at myself for not being enought for him (I know everybody will say it's not my fault but I love him with all my heart and it's just so sad that I cannot keep our marriage.) I am not good at face-to-face conversations too because I always get emotional when I talked about our relationship with him so we always texted. I hate it when people just say they are not happy with the relationship and assume it's over and just let go. Sometimes I wonder if that's how Americans people think about marriage and divorce? Why do they always think about the divorce immediately when a problem comes along? Do they have a mindset of fixing relationships? :ranting: I believe in the saying "once a cheater always a cheater."

I don't know what advice I should give to you but I hope you will take good care of yourself and gather all evidences for the ROC. I have to do it too when my divorce is finalised. Don't lower your standard and get your self-esteem hurt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Oh Saylin, what happened in your marriage is exactly like mine. I was heartbroken when he told me that he was not happy with our marriage. We also rushed into marriage (we married after 4 months of dating). He is also a great worker, a great son and a great friend. Our relationship also broke after I moved to the state we are currently living 3 months. I got angry with him for not considering me enough but I also get angry at myself for not being enought for him (I know everybody will say it's not my fault but I love him with all my heart and it's just so sad that I cannot keep our marriage.) I am not good at face-to-face conversations too because I always get emotional when I talked about our relationship with him so we always texted. I hate it when people just say they are not happy with the relationship and assume it's over and just let go. Sometimes I wonder if that's how Americans people think about marriage and divorce? Why do they always think about the divorce immediately when a problem comes along? Do they have a mindset of fixing relationships? :ranting: I believe in the saying "once a cheater always a cheater."

I don't know what advice I should give to you but I hope you will take good care of yourself and gather all evidences for the ROC. I have to do it too when my divorce is finalised. Don't lower your standard and get your self-esteem hurt.

I'm going to jump in here and say that as an American (along with MANY others on this thread) I encouraged Saylin to work on her marriage rather than divorce. For myself, I don't really recommend divorce on an online forum- for one thing, you only hear one version of events. Second, you only hear small tidbits of a person's entire history together so how would ANYONE know enough to recommend ending a marriage?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't recommend divorce too, I never want it but once one person wants it, it's very hard for the other to work it out, at least that's my case. In my country, its not common for couples to do divorce. No one is perfect so if someone keeps thinking that the grass on the other side is greener and leaves their spouse, he/she will end up chasing around in circles.

Be strong Saylin, I have to remind myself that sentence everyday! Remember that you're worthy and you deserve to be loved. Don't worry about being nosey. You wouldn't know you are being played if you're not nosey and you have the rights to know his BAD secrets because you're his wife. This is not about being nosey, its about being FAITHFUL.

I know I haven't responded to each message on this thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know I do indeed read every single message here and take it to heart.

What actually becomes of our future, I don't know yet. I guess only time will tell. Although, I think if in a year (once I'm done school) if things haven't improved, I might just leave. I'd like to be with someone that respects me and appreciates how much I'm worth (and actually shows it). And hearing the words "I love you" (which I haven't heard in probably a year) would be nice again.

I went to a wedding tonight. My uncle finally married his girlfriend/fiancee that he's been with for a few years now. And you can see how much they love one another. I've truly never seen my uncle so happy. And through the entire wedding, I was just thinking how I'd love to be like them, so truly in love. Perhaps one day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

some things are just not meant to be

your situation can still turn around but it will take ALOT and not highly likely

with all that said you have to stand and fight for what you believe in so never give up coz you can still overcome this.

take one day at a time

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I know I haven't responded to each message on this thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know I do indeed read every single message here and take it to heart.

What actually becomes of our future, I don't know yet. I guess only time will tell. Although, I think if in a year (once I'm done school) if things haven't improved, I might just leave. I'd like to be with someone that respects me and appreciates how much I'm worth (and actually shows it). And hearing the words "I love you" (which I haven't heard in probably a year) would be nice again.

I went to a wedding tonight. My uncle finally married his girlfriend/fiancee that he's been with for a few years now. And you can see how much they love one another. I've truly never seen my uncle so happy. And through the entire wedding, I was just thinking how I'd love to be like them, so truly in love. Perhaps one day.

I love you. (L)

But not for those reasons. lol ;) The effort you put in, helping total strangers here on this site, is amazing. You seem like a wonderful person and you deserve to be treated as such. Fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.