Saylin

Should I give up or fight for him?

294 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not too late but before he gets hope I suggest you download/copy/save ALL the evidence of the affair, you might need this if he gets mean with the divorce stuff (if that's the path you go down). I'll write more in another reply but I wanted to make sure you got this BEFORE you talked to him because he'll delete all evidence of it (and then deny he was having an affair).

If it a no fault divorce state, I doubt that will hold water.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Timeline

If it a no fault divorce state, I doubt that will hold water.

I was amazed and shocked reading all the "hang him high" suggestions. Oh well, I guess you have to take the valleys with the hills.

In Texas, which is a no fault state, as far as I know and as an example, they use infidelity as leverage but only for property division. I don't think our couple here has amazed any substantial assets yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I really hope that he is being sincere and truthful with you, but I would not be able to trust him anymore, if I were you.

Just my two cents. Take care of yourself FIRST.

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Saylin please give him another chance and see if he can get your trust back again.If he does the same thing again than you decide what you want to do.For now i think if he realise his mistake than thats the accomplishment. :thumbs:

Wishing for of you a very happy future and happy 2nd anniversary and may 21st is my birthday as well.

May God bless your relationship. :innocent:

BE Happy for now.I like happy couples.. :D

06/03/11-Got Married!!

USCIS(199)Days ROC

08/12/11-I-130 Sent 04/15/14-I-751 Sent
08/15/11-(NOA1) Hard copy received(08/17/2011) 04/17/14-I-751 Delivered

02/21/12-Expedite Request sent 05/05/14-Check cashed & NOA received (receipt date 4/18)
02/28/12-Supporting Documents Sent 05/12/14-Biometrics letter received (scheduled for 6/4)
03/01/12-Receive USCIS letter(expedite request is under review) 05/16/14-Early walk-in Biometrics
03/01/12-(NOA2) Approved!!Received via email & sms. 11/07/14-Approval letter received dated (11/04/14)

NVC(21)Days 11/15/14-GC received
03/05/12-NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/20/12-Receive Case #,IIN&BIN # from NVC & give email addresses.

03/21/12-Submit DS-261 & sent in Optin email
03/22/12-Optin acceptance email received & AOS bill invoiced & paid
03/23/12-AOS bill appears as PAID.
03/26/12-Emailed I-864 Package.
03/30/12-IV bill invoiced & paid.
03/30/12-AOS package has been reviewd & accepted as per operator
04/04/12-IV bill appears as PAID,submitted DS-260,emailed IV pckge
04/06/12-IV checklist as per Operator & RESEND PCC.
04/09/12-Receive IV Checklist in Email
04/10/12-CC (received CASE COMPLETE!!! email)
05/03/12-Interview date assigned for June 11 (Reschedule 4 May 22)
Medical/US Consulate/POE
05/15/12-Medical at Toronto
05/22/12-Interview--APPROVED!!!
05/25/12-Visa Received/ In Hand!
05/27/12-POE at Queenston Bridge (Lewiston,NY)

iei0pv8engaw9.png

I was amazed and shocked reading all the "hang him high" suggestions. Oh well, I guess you have to take the valleys with the hills.

In Texas, which is a no fault state, as far as I know and as an example, they use infidelity as leverage but only for property division. I don't think our couple here has amazed any substantial assets yet.

Me too but I was commenting on a post about saving all this so called damming evidence . I honestly hope they can work it out and go to counseling.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Thanks for everyone's responses again. I was at work and came back to a lot more laughing.gif

Like many of you have suggested, I'm definitely treading carefully. The next few days will reveal a lot, I'm sure. Although what he did wasn't great, I'd still like to work on things if possible.

And some good news: my husband finally managed to get a hold of his aunt and I'm getting his old car this weekend!!! :D Which will definitely relieve some stress off him (for driving me to school and work practically every day), and as a bonus, I'll be able to extend my hours at work since I can go there anytime, instead of waiting for my husband to get off work at 5pm each day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am soooo happy to hear that he is willing to work on the relationship!! That is definitely a great first step and I know you feel some enormous relief from hearing this.

One idea I did want to float by you:

Even thought divorce is no longer looming overhead, you might want to still consider the marriage counseling. As you said communication is key. Actually, marriage counselors are experts on helping couples to communicate more effectively. I'll admit, I have times when I can't fully communicate my feelings... it can be extremely difficult when emotions are running high to pinpoint exactly what you may be feeling and have your hubby UNDERSTAND what you are talking about. I know with my husband, we often times have a cultural and/or language barrier which magnifies this problem and he often winds up looking like :blink:

Anyway, I think that we'll heavily consider marriage counseling (in fact, more than likely) because it's not just for a crisis situation.... It's for gathering tools to help you and your husband communicate better so that a situation doesn't escalate to crisis mode. I love my husband dearly as I'm sure that you do, and I don't anticipate having a crisis (who does??!) but I want to educate myself on ways to handle conflicts and/or difficult conversations in a way that will bring about a result of moving the relationship forward and intensifying feelings of love and respect for each other, rather than resentment (and all those negative feelings that tend to fester).

This is what I hope for you and your hubby. Good luck to you both and keep the faith :thumbs:

I am soooo happy to hear that he is willing to work on the relationship!! That is definitely a great first step and I know you feel some enormous relief from hearing this.

One idea I did want to float by you:

Even thought divorce is no longer looming overhead, you might want to still consider the marriage counseling. As you said communication is key. Actually, marriage counselors are experts on helping couples to communicate more effectively. I'll admit, I have times when I can't fully communicate my feelings... it can be extremely difficult when emotions are running high to pinpoint exactly what you may be feeling and have your hubby UNDERSTAND what you are talking about. I know with my husband, we often times have a cultural and/or language barrier which magnifies this problem and he often winds up looking like :blink:

Anyway, I think that we'll heavily consider marriage counseling (in fact, more than likely) because it's not just for a crisis situation.... It's for gathering tools to help you and your husband communicate better so that a situation doesn't escalate to crisis mode. I love my husband dearly as I'm sure that you do, and I don't anticipate having a crisis (who does??!) but I want to educate myself on ways to handle conflicts and/or difficult conversations in a way that will bring about a result of moving the relationship forward and intensifying feelings of love and respect for each other, rather than resentment (and all those negative feelings that tend to fester).

This is what I hope for you and your hubby. Good luck to you both and keep the faith :thumbs:

You do have a good point. Even though divorce may not happen right now, marriage counselling still might be a good idea on how we can communicate better which would definitely help our relationship right now.

maybe a gamer's de-programming joint counselling, for several months? unplug, rediscover the world around you. In your version of it, there's a spouse, a bed, and the opportunity for nakedness. No ethernet card required.

(just saying)

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Thank you for this Darnell. You just brightened up my night. I shall now go to bed with a smile on my face :D

Oh I was so sorry to read what you're going through Saylin!

I know that a lot of people are advising to just let go of him, but personally I'm kind of person who likes to see things fully through so I can accept that I did my absolute best. So that I never need to regret that "what if..."

I've been with my hubby for 4 years and honestly it's been ups and downs and some arguments have been heavy! But we have made all our fights through, even fights that it felt like our relationship has comes to its end, it didn't. Deep down the heavy fights our love has been thankfully stronger.

So I don't know, maybe there truly exists relationships that the couple doesn't have issues, but I've never been in one. The things you're facing are really really heavy, but maybe some marriage counseling would help? I understood your hubby doesn't want to go to one, but maybe you could still try to change his mind in that? And he really does need to stop communicating with this girl! It's really not helping your relationship at all!

(F) (F) keep strong!

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Saylin!

Fantastic news that your husband decided to wake up and smell the coffee (or tea)!! I was reading through our main website (about your journey for the Visa, which I may add is VERY inspiring!), and as I said in my previous post you personally have done SO much to get this far to be with the love of your life that I would one day would love to be in!

Communication and honesty is the key to any successful relationship, business or personal. It just so happens that this time both of them went completely down, but after Ben saw this post and realised he made a terrible mistake he is now opening up to you. Deep inside he knows what he did was wrong and yes even though he is tying to make it up to you, just be careful as the previous VJ members have mentioned.

I understand that you can be a shy woman and cannot your expressions as much as you can, but if you tell him how you feel when you feel it he will respond to it and will do everything that he can to make you happier. Open your heart, and it will encourage him to do the same! People may disagree, but this is just one man's opinion.

Lead the way and others will follow.

:)

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Saylin, if I can add my two cents, I believe every situation and every person is different BUT personally I've been there a while back. The guy wasn't my husband, he was my boyfriend. We have been together 1 year, we lived together and done things that married people do, we just didn't have a paper :) Everything was perfect, we barely fought, we were happy, we had a lot in common, everything was "perfect". Then one day when I was working on his pc a message came up. I didn't even see what was it, I just clicked on it and there was a massage from this girl...I read through the whole conversation and it was a conversation which started months before. He knew the girl, he was telling her things he shouldn't have etc. Of course I confronted him and he had some lame excuse and I forgave him and that was a big mistake on my end. I caught him a few more times talking to her and after few months he told me he didn't love me anymore and that he was leaving (and that was like a day after we had a great day and night and he was telling me how he loved me a day before)... Then I talked to his BF and he told me that my ex was telling him how he feels sorry and scared to leave me cause I was so great and he might never find a girl like me bla bla bla...I have a few examples of my girlfriends going through the same! So one thing I've learnt : people like that don't change! I don't know guys but if I had doubts I would talk to my wife/husband, I wouldn't turn to a new guy and sweet talk with him and even worse planning on meeting him! if you love someone you solve the problem or talk ( or email like in your case) but for me he looks like a cheater. I am sorry and I do hope I am wrong and you will be happy but I wouldn't like seeing you writing here in a few weeks/months that he has been doing it again... You don't tell someone one day you don't have feelings for her/him and then the next day what? You suddenly love them again? I know people have doubts, but a doubt doesn't mean no more love!

Good luck and I hope it will work out best for you!

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.