Andrea&Henry

STARTING WITH MY AOS PROCESS NEED SOME GUIDE

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi vjrs!!! well I moved in to the US 3 weeks ago with a k1 visa. We had a great experience with our k1 petition thanks to all your support and help. We followed every instruction, we also wanted to hire a lawyer, but when we found this website, it was absolutely innecesary. We found here everything we were looking for.

My fiance and I are getting married next week :dance: we are SOO excited about giving the big step, but we are worry cause the whole AOS process is unknown for both of us. I know that we have to send a similar package like the first one, but instead of submmiting the i129 we have to submit another forms and our marriage license.

Can somebody give us a list of the things we need to submit? we have to go through a long process again and what about the interview? we would appreciate if anyone can help us. :help:

Thanks a lot and blessings!!

Andrea & Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we've a guide for that ;)

Log on again from a PC, click the word 'Guides' at the top,

then read a bit.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Adjustment of Status from Family Based Visas forum. Duplicate thread removed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

awwwww thank you I found it!!!!! thank you very much

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yay ! congratulations ! ReadReadRead!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

read the guides, follow the instructions also listed on the I-495. Complete each form to send in. the I765, and I-131 need separate supporting documentation. We made 3 separate "apcks" to support each form, then paper0clipped each section together with the 2 photos for each form. You will wind up with 6 passport photos. The hard part will be your DS-3065 or I-693. Do not forget a certified copy of you marriage certificate showing the date was BEFORE the 90 days. the guide on here is very, very, very helpful. But when the VJ guide and the USCIS forms contradict other (if they do), follow the USCIS forms. File all forms at once, and expect a couple of weeks for an NOA1. (I-797c to start coming in. You will get one for each form.)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

read the guides, follow the instructions also listed on the I-495. Complete each form to send in. the I765, and I-131 need separate supporting documentation. We made 3 separate "apcks" to support each form, then paper0clipped each section together with the 2 photos for each form. You will wind up with 6 passport photos. The hard part will be your DS-3065 or I-693. Do not forget a certified copy of you marriage certificate showing the date was BEFORE the 90 days. the guide on here is very, very, very helpful. But when the VJ guide and the USCIS forms contradict other (if they do), follow the USCIS forms. File all forms at once, and expect a couple of weeks for an NOA1. (I-797c to start coming in. You will get one for each form.)

Hi, Just wondering if you can help me out... What would we need to do after we marry? Can you tell me about roughly how much you paid out for the AOS? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Timeline

Being from the philippines, you will have roughly the same documents (or lack of documents) that I had. St. lukes is probably one of the worst for filling out the DS vaccination record. (of course you may be lucky)

to mail overnight with early morning delivery is about $60.

The current actual fee is $1070 (including biometric fee). But always check at www.uscis.gov/forms to verify current cost. If you file the I-765 and I-131 with the I-485, it factors to about $330 per form. All I can tell you is read the guides on VJ checklist for AOS We had 6 passport photos for the application. also, paper-clipped the documents for each form to the form. Do not forget a copy of the I-797 approval with the A# as well. Follow the example forms on here but make sure to use the latest forms on uscis gov website. The packet will take some time to put together. When you put together your K-1 visa packets, it is helpful to have extra copies of things made bush as birth certificates. Also, you will need to copy the bio page, visa page, and I-94 page from the non-us-spouse passport several times for the different forms.

the I-693 is the worst part. (if you cannot find a CS, civil surgeon, for just the vaccination records (about $45) expect to pay up to $175 to $350 in cash) If your DS-3065 from the medical exam is filled out and marked completed, you only need to send a copy of that. If your DS form is marked incomplete or vaccinations are not filled in, you have to get your vaccination page filled out on the form I-693. You will have to call around to find a Civil surgeon who will only do this part. If you cannot find a CS (civil surgeon) in your area. Take your wife to your PCP after you are married. Get all the blood work, and tests done with your PCP for the Physical including the TB test. Make sure to also update the vaccination record and get any shots through the PCP as well. (typically tetanus and MMR) Once you have all the blood work done, tests complete and vaccination history up to date. Take a copy of the lbas, TB reading, and vaccination history to your CS. This will save you tons of money with the CS since you are providing the CS with the records from your PCP. Once you are done with the CS submit the cost of the CS to your insurance company.

besides the checklist for I485. See I-485 instructions starting on page 3 for initial evidence: numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11A, 12B (12B has 3 items to it.)

I-485L this will be a big packet.

(I693, I864, G325A, G-1145) Make sure the G-325a is updated appropriately. 2 passport photos, birth certificate, certified marriage certificate, 3 years of tax forms for US spouse (sponsor), copy of I-94, copy of US Visa, Copy of Passport Bio page, Copy of I-797 approval for K-1 visa.

we had an electronic notification form for each application.

example forms are here: VJ example forms

there is discussion you can use I-864EZ as well for spouse only. This however, is divided opinion on VJ. Some have used it, some have not. Form I-864EZ is at your own discretion at this time.

for I-765: make sure to note at question 16: C 9 on the form

G-1145

copy of I-94

copy of US Visa

Copy of passport Biometrics page

Copy of Driver's license (if you have one)

2 passport photos

for I-131: make sure to check the box for multiple entry. (otherwise you end up with single entry)

letter of explanation requesting multiple advanced parole (example is on the example forms page here on VJ)

G-1145

copy of US Visa

copy of Passport Bio Page

Copy of driver License (if have)

2 passport style photos.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi, Just wondering if you can help me out... What would we need to do after we marry? Can you tell me about roughly how much you paid out for the AOS? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Approx around 1700 probably. Since you arrived on a fiance visa you most likely have done the medical exam so that's done. Since i lived in Canada i came in on an b1 visa and i94 got married and got my AOS that way. So i had to submit all the material in at once. Petition, medical sponsor etc. Around i think it was 150 pages. All in all took me 2.5 months to get the Green card. If i was going to recommend something it would be to read the initial evidence needed. And make sure you have everything needed in the package for them to process it as quickly as possible. The Guides on this site help for sure but the most accurate information is on the USCIS forms and the initial evidence forms.

Make sure its all organized with a table of contents and a short paragraph( 2 sentences 3 max not an essay) of what immigration benefit your requesting and why. I used acco staplers to bind it all together( apparently national benefits center frowns on this, but the dude that did our interview had my file in acco staplers so i don't know). Lastly but not least don't use USPS! Always use UPS or FedEx more receipts that proves you got it etc and they don't lose anything.

Hope it helps if you want more info etc just message me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The cost is $1070. The fee is listed in the I-485 instructions. That fee includes filing for EAD and AP, since filing those forms with the I-485 means their fees are waived.

Read through the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

If you had all the required shots at the time of your medical, then you do not need to see a civil surgeon. See this post for more details about whether or not you need to see a CS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

If you had vaccinations after your medical, or you still need some, you need to find a civil surgeon that won't rip you off and insist you need another medical. You do not need any blood work or a new TB test done. Those are part of the medical exam, and a K-1 that had their medical overseas within the last year is not required to have that done. It states so in both the I-485 and I-693 instructions. You will most likely need to call around until you find a CS that won't insist on overcharging you and/or making you get tests you do not need.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Approx around 1700 probably. Since you arrived on a fiance visa you most likely have done the medical exam so that's done. Since i lived in Canada i came in on an b1 visa and i94 got married and got my AOS that way. <snip>

Hope it helps if you want more info etc just message me

Completely different process. Not really helpful, no, sorry.

There is an AOS thread in my signature with the document list. The fee however is $1070. I am unable to amend the thread to fix the fee amount.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

to mail overnight with early morning delivery is about $60. No need to file with overnight delivery. Complete waste of money. Delivery confirmation is sufficient

The current actual fee is $1070 (including biometric fee).... If you file the I-765 and I-131 with the I-485, it factors to about $330 per form. No. AOS (I-485) is $1070. The fees for EAD and AP are WAIVED, not "included in the fee", completely different concept. Whether they file the EAD or AP the AOS fee is the same. Stating that it works out to "about $330 per form" implies not filing a form reduces the fee... it does not.

the I-693 is the worst part. (if you cannot find a CS, civil surgeon, for just the vaccination records (about $45) expect to pay up to $175 to $350 in cash) If your DS-3065 from the medical exam is filled out and marked completed, you only need to send a copy of that. If your DS form is marked incomplete or vaccinations are not filled in, you have to get your vaccination page filled out on the form I-693. No. Being "marked completed" is not what matters at all. It matters where the shots are complete. The form would only be marked "complete" if you have every single shot on that form (not just the ones that you require)

Once you are done with the CS submit the cost of the CS to your insurance company. Many insurance companies will not cover the costs of this. Some may, most do not.

besides the checklist for I485. See I-485 instructions starting on page 3 for initial evidence: numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11A, 12B (12B has 3 items to it.)

I-485L this will be a big packet.

(I693not in all cases. Many cases only require a copy of the DS-3025, I864, G325A, G-1145) Make sure the G-325a is updated appropriately. 2 passport photos, birth certificate, certified marriage certificate Copy, 3 years of tax forms for US spouse (sponsor)No. Only the most recent tax return/transcript needs to be included but the last 3 years info need to be on the I-864 form, copy of I-94, copy of US Visa, Copy of Passport Bio page, Copy of I-797 approval for K-1 visa.

for I-765: make sure to note at question 16: C 9 on the form

G-1145

copy of I-94 Nope. Not a requirement

copy of US Visa Nope. Not a requirement

Copy of passport Biometrics page

Copy of Driver's license (if you have one) Irrelevant

2 passport photos

for I-131: make sure to check the box for multiple entry. (otherwise you end up with single entry)

letter of explanation requesting multiple advanced parole (example is on the example forms page here on VJ) Nope. Not a requirement when applying with AOS

G-1145

copy of US Visa

copy of Passport Bio Page

Copy of driver License (if have) Irrelevant

2 passport style photos.

Many issues with this post. See notes in red above.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Is there a list with the vaccines needed?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is there a list with the vaccines needed?

You really only need one MMR, one Tdap or TD, and varicella if you have never had the chickenpox. The flu shot is also required if it is within flu season.

The link I posted above to a post by Nich-Nick is really what you need to show on your DS-3025 in order to not need any other vaccinations and skip finding a CS altogether: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Here is a list of the vaccinations, required by age: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Many issues with this post. See notes in red above.

Please note the list is MY Packet. this is what I SENT. This is WHAT I HAVE DONE. I also used form I-864EZ which I did allude to on the post, but made note it is at your own risk since there is differing views on VJ. I also suggest to read the guides and follow them as well as USCIS instructions. I am not saying what I did was right or wrong. ONLY what I HAVE done.

Soorry, you are completely wrong on the I-765. Please read the instructions:

page 6: required documentation: 2A and 2B. then Page 4, 6A and 6B which states to INCLUDE the form I-94. There is a contradiction here, and suggest to INCLUDE forms when there is a contradiction in the instructions. Plus you are already including this form in your packet anyway with the main form, what is another copy going to hurt?

2B also states to include a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT issued identity document. US VISA is a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT Identity document. Can't think of a better one to use, It got her through Us CUSTOMS, airports, and security gates.

Form I-131 does not have to be a multiple entry visa. BUT READ THE GUIDES. it makes sense to Apply for a multiple re-entry rather then having to apply over and over again. The I-131 by default IS a SINGLE entry AP just like the K-1 visa, you cannot go and come as you please unless the AP is issued as a multi-entry visa. This allows you to come and go while waiting for AOS. If you have multiple emergencies like possible in some people's cases or if the time it takes to get your GC takes longer then normal. This is just smart money. The caveat here is, to be careful when out of the country, if your AOS is put on hold, even though you have AP, your AP and EAD can be put on hold as well until the AOS issue is resolved.

See I-693 instructions:

Read page 4, section III, FAQ: 2.C.2.

If your DS-3025 is FILLED out you can use it. However, 90% of the time form the Philippines St. Luke's this will not be true. Most girls in the Philippines (please note not all.) will claim to be pregnant, or have had relatively recent "encouters" with their fiancee, or will be asked to return in a month for shots when their leaving the Philippines before the date to come back to St. Luke's is to finish the immunization record. This is where I am speaking form on this. Other medical centers in other countries MAY fill out the DS-3025. However, this was asked by a fellow person going through the Philippine process. If you also read what I said earlier, the DS-3025 is possible. You may be able to find a CS to fill out the form properly, or you may not. Arguing with a CS does you no good if you cannot find one in your area. If you get RFE, you are going to need a CS. In my case being in Phoenix with the local USCIS office right here in town, it is prudent to be careful. This is one where you have to check the forms then go from there.

MOST insurance companies DO Pay or apply to medical deductible. However, YOU must code it right. There was another post on here about the medical coding. If YOU do not work with your insurance company to code it right, the insurance company will reject the claim. This is why CS doctors don't mess with insurance. The actual fee the insurance companies give the CS versus what you pay in CASH is much, much different. By you paying in cash, they get the given CASH procedure price and not the INSURANCE comapny regulated price. I have worked in the medical/insurance field for over 17 years, I did medical billing for 7 plus years. I know these facts to be true. By you paying CASH, the CS gets you your form which you need immediately, instead of the 90 days to get the claim from the insurance company, minus the deductible you pay, plus avoids collections for money since the form will be given to you in a sealed envelope and mailed to USCIS. Once the CS hands over that envelope, all money payments are off. that is why the CS lets you submit the bill to the insurance company instead of the CS. Plus you have to know how to code right to the insurance company. Sometimes, your CS can tell you how to code, but you must be very nice to the CS and the receptionist to get this information.

The fees are vaied. However, I am using "consumer" math. this is the fee I pay, but what does it mean in bottom lines. It means I get to file 3 forms. not just one form. If I ignore and file the ONE form, it is $1070. IF I FILE all 3 forms, the fee is STILL $1070, However, the discount is the WAIVING of the other TWO forms fees. IF I file ALL 3 forms, and using the cost of the other 2 forms, I can look at each of the forms costing me much less then $1070 (even through I still have to pay the required $1070). The idea is to make the cost easier to understand or handle when you use the breakdown costs when the other forms are INCLUDED in the filing. Think of the Buy 1 get 2 free method. Even though you paid the same amount whether one form or all 3 forms, your "actual" cost per form filed is less when you take advantage of the buy 1 get 2 free. (Most wives get this concept as you frequently see it in grocery stores, most men do not get this concept.)

By doing what I did, I made sure it was there the next day with delivery confirmation. if you read the posts on here, nearly everyone says to send with UPS or Fedex. I know with UPS and Fedex I can track the package as it travels to the destination and know WHEN it was signed for. Just Delivery confirmation on something so vital is just plain backwater when you can track your package in real time now and know EXACTLY when it was signed for and by WHOM it was signed for.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.