newmrsvick

DS - 3025 complete or not?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi -

My DS - 3025 was completed in the UK, and I am aware that I do not have any outstanding vaccinations that need completing for US immigration (or I would have taken them at my medical appointment)... My physician however, has filled in the form as vaccination history incomplete, with the following box ticked stating that 'applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate, with certain boxes above filled in by hand as not required. Does this pass as complete, in terms of no need for the completion of further medical forms?

Thank you.

Hi -

My DS - 3025 was completed in the UK, and I am aware that I do not have any outstanding vaccinations that need completing for US immigration (or I would have taken them at my medical appointment)... My physician however, has filled in the form as vaccination history incomplete, with the following box ticked stating that 'applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate, with certain boxes above filled in by hand as not required. Does this pass as complete, in terms of no need for the completion of further medical forms?

Thank you.

Your form sounds complete. Here's my copy/paste answer I've posted many times before.

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

•MMR

•Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

•Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

•Influenza **see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Your form sounds complete. Here's my copy/paste answer I've posted many times before.

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

•MMR

•Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

If it's not completed like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

I realize I am replying to an old post, and also that this question has been asked & asked over and over, and now I am THAT annoying person, sorry. :blush: Since my Husband has arrived I have not had the time to do the usual VJ stalking that helped me through the 129F process...I have tried reading through other posts and am getting contradicting answers...so I am hoping I can ask my question and get a quick, straight forward answer :)

My Husbands DS-3025 has dates posted by the TD, MMR and Varicella (which according to this particular post would mean that we do not need the I-693)...but then they are ticked as 'insufficent time interval' and at the bottom has the 'Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically approrprite' box ticked...

Please can someone tell me - do we need the I-693, or not?

Yours answers are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

...again, i do apologize for being THAT annoying, ask the same question over and over again person...but im driving myself crazy with this one... :whistle:

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

I realize I am replying to an old post, and also that this question has been asked & asked over and over, and now I am THAT annoying person, sorry. :blush: Since my Husband has arrived I have not had the time to do the usual VJ stalking that helped me through the 129F process...I have tried reading through other posts and am getting contradicting answers...so I am hoping I can ask my question and get a quick, straight forward answer :)

My Husbands DS-3025 has dates posted by the TD, MMR and Varicella (which according to this particular post would mean that we do not need the I-693)...but then they are ticked as 'insufficent time interval' and at the bottom has the 'Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers because vaccinations not medically approrprite' box ticked...

Please can someone tell me - do we need the I-693, or not?

Yours answers are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

...again, i do apologize for being THAT annoying, ask the same question over and over again person...but im driving myself crazy with this one... :whistle:

I have "majored" in this topic (LOL) and studied it extensively so I'm giving you an answer not based on gossip but reading volumes of USCIS, DOS, and CDC info.

NO you do not need to see a civil surgeon unless USCIS loses the whole medical file he turned in at POE. If he was up to date the day that DS-3025 was signed, then he's okay without getting 2nd or 3rd doses. He can get them for his health, or he can not get them ever. It was not medically appropriate for him to get dose 2 on top of dose 1. There's a time interval for doses. So he gets a waiver for "insufficient time interval."

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a lost medical, then he will have to get a full medical again. By then, enough time would have passed for dose 2 so expect the CS to say he needs it. Hopefully it won't come to that.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Thank you! much appreciated, thats exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! I knew there had to be someone who has 'majored' in this topic the way I have on the 129f process! haha :)

thanks again!

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thanks guys.I got my luggages stolen when coming to the USA and the cd with my medicals where inside one of them.So if i understand very well,i wont need that form if i apply for AOS in the 1 year that follows my medical and GOD protects me from USCIS loosing my form.

Thanks very much for help.And good luck in your journey.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Thank you! much appreciated, thats exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! I knew there had to be someone who has 'majored' in this topic the way I have on the 129f process! haha :)

thanks again!

Hello Carlos & Alyssa. By now you should have gone through this process and have your temp green card. Perhaps you can answer our question. We have an initial interview on March 8th 2013 and we completed our medical exam DS-3025 in September 2012 (5 months ago). I have a copy of that 3025-form with me and I assume that USCIS in LA will have it as well on their records during our interview. Since September does not fall in the flu season we were not required to have a flu shot back then. And according to the post since the date that USCIS will use is our original medical exam we should be ok without it in March. What did you end up doing on your interview? Did you end up taking the i-693? or did you just go with your completed copy of DS-3025? What was your outcome?

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

•MMR

Hello and thank you for the useful information you have provided. Even though I have found and verified most of what you have mentioned here (on the USCIS site,) the one thing I am interested for and have not yet verified, is the part you mention about:

"And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. "

Can you please let me know where you found this information and how did you verified that particular part on USCIS or Department of State official site? I have all the Vaccines on my DS-3025 and a VH on varicella but not the flu shot. The DS-3025 exam date on top of the form is September 26th and the doctor signed it below October 1st (that is another hick up). So I took the exam out of flu season. Now I will take the interview on March 8th which is during flu season. So I need verification to bring with me that the DS-3025 will be good enough.

Thank you.

Edited by sxristi

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

It's time to apply for AOS for my wife, and I just realized that my wife's DS-3025 might be incomplete... She has all the required shots (including even the flu vaccine) but NONE of the boxes in the "Results" section is marked. In Moscow, when she got her medical, they didn't mark the "imcomplete ... with waiver..." box, as they said she doesn't need a waiver and all her vaccines are complete for her age. But they didn't mark the "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine" box either as they said that nobody has the "complete" history unless you're old, as most vaccines require re-vaccination every so often until the certain age...

So - do we need to go to CS and get the vaccination records transcribed, or can we just submit the copy of this DS-3025? Is there anyone here who had the same issue with DS-3025 and still got the AOS approved without I-693?

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

It's time to apply for AOS for my wife, and I just realized that my wife's DS-3025 might be incomplete... She has all the required shots (including even the flu vaccine) but NONE of the boxes in the "Results" section is marked. In Moscow, when she got her medical, they didn't mark the "imcomplete ... with waiver..." box, as they said she doesn't need a waiver and all her vaccines are complete for her age. But they didn't mark the "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine" box either as they said that nobody has the "complete" history unless you're old, as most vaccines require re-vaccination every so often until the certain age...

So - do we need to go to CS and get the vaccination records transcribed, or can we just submit the copy of this DS-3025? Is there anyone here who had the same issue with DS-3025 and still got the AOS approved without I-693?

Hi, I am from Ukraine and am facing the same problem. what did u do with your forms? did u go to a civil surgeon, or just sent DS form>

• 2 years later...

I just wanted to clarify for 2015 that this informtion still stands.

I also wanted to clarify if the DS-3025 from is received at the medicial examination for the K-1 visa.

ROC Timeline 

ROC Package Sent: May 3rd, 2018

ROC Package Received: May 4th, 2018 (VSC)

NOA1 Date: May 30th, 2018

Biometrics Notice Date: 06/15/2018 

Biometrics Notice Received: 06/23/2018

Biometrics Appointment Date: 07/05/2018 

NOA (18 mth extension): 08/06/2018 (received on 08/14/2018)

RFE Email for Additional Info: 5/23/19

Sent RFE for Additional Info: 8/5/19

RFE for Additional Info Received: 8/23/19

Transfer to another USCIS Office Notice via email: 9/17/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Date: 9/15/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Received: 9/24/19

Infopass appointment(received a I-551 stamp for a year extension) - 11/15/19

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/21/2016

AOS package received: 01/25/2016 (day 4)

AOS Notice Date: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1 text/email: 01/28/2016 (day 7)

AOS/EAD NOA-1 hardcopy: 02/05/2016 (day 15)

Biometrics Notice Date: 02/06/2016 (day 16)

Biometrics Letter Received 02/15/16 (day 25)

Biometrics Apt Date: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Text for AOS Application Received: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Hardcopy Received: 02/29/2016 (day 39)

Mailed RFE Documentation: 03/02/2016 (day 41)

Received Confirmation of Receipt of RFE Documentation via USCIS Website: 03/08/2016 (Day 47)

Approval for EAD/AP and Card Ordered: 04/01/2016 (Day 71)

EAD/AP Card Sent: 04/06/2016 (Day 76)

EAD/AP Card Received: 04/08/16 (Day 78)

Approval Notice Date for AOS: 05/05/2016 (Day 105)

Received Hardcopy Notice for AOS: 05/11/2016 (Day 111)

AOS Text/Email - Mailed AOS Documentation (Green Card): 06/09/16 (Day 140)

Received AOS Documentation (Green Card: 06/11/16 (Day 142)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just wanted to clarify for 2015 that this informtion still stands.

I also wanted to clarify if the DS-3025 from is received at the medicial examination for the K-1 visa.

For the most part this is all still the same. The DS-3025 form itself has changed a bit. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with the current info > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks!

For the most part this is all still the same. The DS-3025 form itself has changed a bit. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with the current info > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

ROC Timeline 

ROC Package Sent: May 3rd, 2018

ROC Package Received: May 4th, 2018 (VSC)

NOA1 Date: May 30th, 2018

Biometrics Notice Date: 06/15/2018 

Biometrics Notice Received: 06/23/2018

Biometrics Appointment Date: 07/05/2018 

NOA (18 mth extension): 08/06/2018 (received on 08/14/2018)

RFE Email for Additional Info: 5/23/19

Sent RFE for Additional Info: 8/5/19

RFE for Additional Info Received: 8/23/19

Transfer to another USCIS Office Notice via email: 9/17/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Date: 9/15/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Received: 9/24/19

Infopass appointment(received a I-551 stamp for a year extension) - 11/15/19

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/21/2016

AOS package received: 01/25/2016 (day 4)

AOS Notice Date: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1 text/email: 01/28/2016 (day 7)

AOS/EAD NOA-1 hardcopy: 02/05/2016 (day 15)

Biometrics Notice Date: 02/06/2016 (day 16)

Biometrics Letter Received 02/15/16 (day 25)

Biometrics Apt Date: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Text for AOS Application Received: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Hardcopy Received: 02/29/2016 (day 39)

Mailed RFE Documentation: 03/02/2016 (day 41)

Received Confirmation of Receipt of RFE Documentation via USCIS Website: 03/08/2016 (Day 47)

Approval for EAD/AP and Card Ordered: 04/01/2016 (Day 71)

EAD/AP Card Sent: 04/06/2016 (Day 76)

EAD/AP Card Received: 04/08/16 (Day 78)

Approval Notice Date for AOS: 05/05/2016 (Day 105)

Received Hardcopy Notice for AOS: 05/11/2016 (Day 111)

AOS Text/Email - Mailed AOS Documentation (Green Card): 06/09/16 (Day 140)

Received AOS Documentation (Green Card: 06/11/16 (Day 142)

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Really helpful information, thank you! I learned that my DS-3025 (or: "Vaccination Documentation Sheet", as it is called) can replace the I-693.

But next to this Vaccination documentation sheet and a CD-rom, I also got a sealed envelope, with a sticker stating:

"K1-applicant copies of medical forms. Retain this sealed envelope for your I-485 application with the USCIS Office. Do not open".

Does this mean I keep the envelope until I have the interview, or should I send it in with the I-485 and other forms?! Would USCIS have another set of copies of these medical forms?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.