IloveOBAMA

Wife did not make it past homeland and got k-1 cancelled

213 posts in this topic

Everyone gets questioned / interview at airport – severity of the interview depends from case to case and person to person.

You need to provide little more detail about as what the conversation was, what were the questions and what were the answers.

Just officer by himself cannot put someone back on the flight and cancel a visa, it has to go to chief immigration officer on duty at that time and his approval is required.

Um. Yes an officer can.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was taken into a room and made to wait for a long time. I was asked a few questions about when I would get married etc, I don't remember there being any questions about what my husbands house looked like though? I suppose we will have to wait for her to reach her home country before we can find out.

Absolutely you are right some ppl get pulled in the secondary some just get asked few questions right there by officer.

That call is made by officer based on his observation and feeling about the candidate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Um. Yes an officer can.

Yes officer would, but he has to check with his superior before they make that call.

He will not directly send someone from line back to the plane, they take them to secondary do further questioning, document all that get an input from their supervisor and than cancel the visa and put someone back on the plane.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Absolutely you are right some ppl get pulled in the secondary some just get asked few questions right there by officer.

That call is made by officer based on his observation and feeling about the candidate.

Yeah, I've been in secondary 4 or 5 times, it's horrible. I've had my suitcases torn apart too. It's all pretty scary, even when you know you aren't doing anything wrong. Can't imagine how scary it was for someone who doesn't speak much english, poor girl.

I've only heard of two previous situations where the alien with a K1 in passport was not admitted.

Once was for a crime that showed on the police report that the consulate had overlooked.

The second was a turn-around for a man who called his fiance his "wife".

Takis kinda into something here,

Here's a good question, ON the post itself you mentioned WIFE didn't make it past homeland and K-1 Got cancelled.

Maybe it's a Typo did you mean Fiance.

If you guys are already married and she came in as a K1 that would be using the wrong kinda visa, maybe it's just a typo on part, hopefully you can get some more info from your FIANCEE as to what happened.

Good luck

is it your wife?? or fiance? kinda get confused? :blink: :blink:

Gone but not Forgotten!

Yes officer would, but he has to check with his superior before they make that call.

He will not directly send someone from line back to the plane, they take them to secondary do further questioning, document all that get an input from their supervisor and than cancel the visa and put someone back on the plane.

OK, I'll buy that at least two of them need to approve a turn-around.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, absolutely right. There are times Immigration officer are tricky and strict. I was lucky, the officer was in the mood, smile.gif I just have to wait for an officer to interview me while I was in the airport. Other than that, there are some questioning regarding on documents in hand, and everything went alright.

I think she was misunderstood (since English is not as good, according to OP) and immigration officer didn't bother to repeat the question... sad.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

We may never know the outcome.

OP has a short post history.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

If she referred to you as her husband then that might have set off a red flag, seeing as u said she isnt so fluent in English. so sorry that happened to her

Edited by t & f

Service Center : VSC

NOA1 date : 12/05/2011

NOA2 date : 04/09/2012

NVC rec'd : 04/17/2012

NVC left : 04/23/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Boarder control has the final say in who comes into this country, and they can and do interview anyone they wish. They check the paperwork for things that USCIS or DOS may have missed that would make you inadmissible.

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

This sounds like a horror story. Having your fiancee right there, at the airport, with a proper visa, after months of waiting, just to learn she's being sent back home. My deepest sympathy.

Now, as to the problems at the POE, it is to my understanding, that K-1 holders very, very rarely have any problems at the border, not to mention being denied entry altogether. Possible reasons:

1. The OP was already married at the time of K-1 entry, in which case entering on K-1 would be against the law.

2. There is more to this story than meets the eye. Maybe the IO at the POE found a reason for inadmissibility that we don't know about, yet. Hence, he denied entry. I find it hardly unlikely to be scrutinly questioned about some details regarding the petitioner's house without a valid reason, especially when it comes to immigrants from countries such as South Korea.

3. We're dealing with a troll.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

wacko.gif Sorry I'm confused.

When my fiance (now husband) was coming here on a K-l and we had a few issues (luckily nothing to that extent), I

e-mailed the embassy for guidance on what step to take next (he was from Peru though). But they did e-mail back in a few days with helpful information. They seem to be much more helpful online than on the phone.

Note: I dont know as much about all the processes as a lot of people on here, so if anyone disagrees with trying this please say so. I dont want to do more harm than good.

Best of luck to you.

5/01/2010- Mailed I-129-F
5/03/2010- I-129F received at Vermont processing center
5/04/2010- NOA 1 (received on 5/10/2010)
5/06/2010- Check cashed by USCIS
6/22/2010- NOA 2 (received on 6/26/2010)
6/24/2010- NVC received application
6/28/2010- Application sent to Lima embassy
7/07/2010- Consulate Received Application
7/09/2010- Pkt 3 sent to fiancee' (which he still hasn't received)
7/15/2010- E-mailed embassy & got response back- they said to watch for pkt in mail and gave me inteview date
8/16/2010- Interview- need an additional police certificate from Costa Rica :( so not approved today, but once they receive certificate will mail visa :)
8/16/2010-Trip to Costa Rica embassy for help with certificate- Let the games begin
8/17/2010-Trip to Notary, trip to Minister Relacciones Exteriores, trip to Notary collage
8/18/2010-Back to notary collage, back to MRE, back to Costa Rica embassy
8/19/2010-Back to MRE
8/20/2010-Back to Costa Rica embassy- whew,finally, "stamp collection" on paper complete and can now attempt to get actual police certificate needed

11/01/2010-all paperwork in - Approved

12/12/2010-He arrived here!! :joy:

1/11/2011-married (L)

1/14/2015-Spouse applied for citizenship

3/27/2015-biometrics appointment

5/6/2015-interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This sounds like a horror story. Having your fiancee right there, at the airport, with a proper visa, after months of waiting, just to learn she's being sent back home. My deepest sympathy.

Now, as to the problems at the POE, it is to my understanding, that K-1 holders very, very rarely have any problems at the border, not to mention being denied entry altogether. Possible reasons:

1. The OP was already married at the time of K-1 entry, in which case entering on K-1 would be against the law.

2. There is more to this story than meets the eye. Maybe the IO at the POE found a reason for inadmissibility that we don't know about, yet. Hence, he denied entry. I find it hardly unlikely to be scrutinly questioned about some details regarding the petitioner's house without a valid reason, especially when it comes to immigrants from countries such as South Korea.

3. We're dealing with a troll.

i chose 3. the OP has been present on this thread since he posted, yet he hasn't given any extra details.

event.png

Filed: Timeline

i chose 3. the OP has been present on this thread since he posted, yet he hasn't given any extra details.

i agree...just reading OP title of his post...his wife then suddently his saying his fiance?? :wow:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.