IloveOBAMA

Wife did not make it past homeland and got k-1 cancelled

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I need some real help. My fiance did not make it past the homeland security screening and was sent back. k-1 was cancelled. Any recommendations for lawyers or what could I do to fix this.

At what point are you talking about? And what exactly happened?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She was interviewed by homeland security at the LAX, they asked her to describe my home and my family. Unfortunately she answered them wrong and was sent back to korea the same day.

I would make an appointment with the consualte, perhaps they can re-issue her visa since she did not actually enter the USA. Seems very wierd that a fiancee would be rejected for not knowing about your home. I am sure my wife could not have described my home before she saw it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

How is she supposed to know how your house looks like? How do the officers know that anyway, to tell her she is wrong?

As to the family, I dont think I could describe them either, not to mention the fact that in the span of just some months, a child's hair colour went from blonde to pure dark.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sorry to hear this. But maybe you could elaborate more of what had happened? blush.gif

Solution there is, after this thing happened, get married and file I-130, and make sure, you both are prepared. Goodluck!

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

awww, really sorry about what happened! hopefully you'll get something sorted, Im sure someone here will give you good advice.

I was wondering... how do THEY know what his house look like? O.o

K1

23 Jan 2012: sent I-129F

01 Feb 2012: received hard copy NOA1

28 June 2012: NOA2

18 July 2012: LND case number

25 July 2012: sent packet 3 docs

28 July 2012: Packet 3 received

30 July 2012: medical done

09 Aug 2012: Packet 4 received

14 Aug 2012 8am: interview: APPROVED!

20 Aug 2012: VISA received!!

06 Oct 2012: POE in Anchorage (AK)

10 Nov 2012: Wedding in California

AOS

Jan 03, 2013: package sent to Chicago!

Jan 10, 2013: email/text notification of receipt of all 3!

Jan 19, 2013: biometric letter received

Jan 30, 2013: biometric appointment at 12pm

Mar 06, 2013: EAD/AP card in production

Mar 12, 2013: received interview appointment letter

Mar 15, 2013: EAD/AP combo card received!

Mar 21, 2013: Interview in Anchorage..APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I need some real help. My fiance did not make it past the homeland security screening and was sent back. k-1 was cancelled. Any recommendations for lawyers or what could I do to fix this.

is it your wife?? or fiance? kinda get confused? :blink: :blink:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

The person interviewing was using scare tactics. He asked her to describe my house. He proceeded to tell her that he was going to send police officers to my home to see if the home description would match. He then asked her if all the information was true in our application. She started to talk and I have no idea what happened but they sent her back.

My fiancee is not fluent in english, so I think that the word police and arrested threw her off the charts.

Ouch, that so badly sucks. Who pissed in that guy's Corn Flakes this morning? I don't think I ever could have gotten my wife to come back if something like that happened to her. At least she had seen a picture of my house though. I wonder if she would have remembered it well enough to remember it under that kind of an attack? Wish I had some good advice, I'm really sorry you two are going through this though.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Trying to figure out if I can apply for a waiver or do I start all over again. They would not let her in and told me they cannot offer me any legal advice on what to do. They told me to go home.

Filed: Timeline

Wow I'm really sorry.

Were you with her? Has she ever been to your house? I mean, would she even have any way of actually knowing what it looks like, or actually describe it? Were there pictures of your house in the petition/application somehow?

I've never heard of a K-1 being interrogated like this at the POE.. Especially when the beneficiary is from a rich, low fraud country. You need to talk to her and find out exactly what happened and how it happened, and in as much detail as possible. Did she come off nervous and/or anxious at the airport initially? Did she have a difficult time at the interview? I mean, are there any notes the CO could have put in the brown envelope that could have somehow tipped them off about something?

Where do you live btw? I do know of at least a couple of good immigration attorneys in LA if you need a consultation.

I don't exactly know how to proceed from there. Unless the consulate can somehow re-issue her the visa, probably the best bet would be to get married and got the CR-1 route, but I know it would not be fun to start from scratch.

Hope she's doing ok..

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to post this so I can get help and also warn people that k-1 visas are so strict. She got interviewed again at the airport.

wacko.gif Sorry I'm confused.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.