IloveOBAMA

Wife did not make it past homeland and got k-1 cancelled

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've only heard of two previous situations where the alien with a K1 in passport was not admitted.

Once was for a crime that showed on the police report that the consulate had overlooked.

The second was a turn-around for a man who called his fiance his "wife".

That seems a bit harsh I think.

Well, one good thing is I learned something to coach my fiance on. In my culture we don't have such nonsense as such as fiance, traditionally, so I have to grill that into my fiance so she doesn't say Wife which is what she would have said if asked today.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

That seems a bit harsh I think.

Well, one good thing is I learned something to coach my fiance on. In my culture we don't have such nonsense as such as fiance, traditionally, so I have to grill that into my fiance so she doesn't say Wife which is what she would have said if asked today.

I am not sure what you mean by "harsh". I remember it happening though. At least that is what his fiance always claimed.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I do not know why people are calling me a troll or saying I am making a big joke. I came here for help. I have other post. I have better things to do then go on forums and troll. I just wanted to see if anyone who was in my situation had some sort of help to me. Or someone has the best possible next step to take. I do not know if I can reapply or am I just in need to do some amending with a waiver. All things I do not know what to do. Sorry about the confusion, she is not my wife but fiance. I really do not know what to do because my fiances english is not that great. We studied english together in KOrea and I remember how terrible she was. SHe can talk but comprehending what someone says to her is an issue.

When did this happen?

Were you at the airport when it happened?

If you were at the airport, did anyone from CBP speak to you?

Have you seen what they stamped in her passport? They would have to have put something in it when they turned her around.

Where is she now?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Yes I was at the airport, they made me go to the ticket counter and buy her a return flight home, they said if I did not she would spend the days in the holding cell till the airplane company agrees to give her a free flight home. I was so devastated I just agreed and paid for the flight, I was not given the chance to do anything. They allowed her to give me a wedding band. I felt so scared I was frozen, and did not ask many questions, I just kept agreeing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is kind of heart breaking that you just had your loved one denied, you go to ask for help and get called a troll or liar. If you have nothing to say please don't say those things, why would I waste my own time.

Dude ppl have been asking for information and you have not provided any - if you wish for ppl to help you than you need to provide more information like what was stamped in your fiancee's passport, what kinda question did they ask, I am sure both you and she can speak korean and you can tell us what was she asked and what she responded etc.

Plus a major blunder of you posting title your wife got her entry denied and same time you tell she was using K1 which was not making sense to ppl.

Filed: Timeline

When my fiance (now husband) was coming here on a K-l and we had a few issues (luckily nothing to that extent), I

e-mailed the embassy for guidance on what step to take next (he was from Peru though). But they did e-mail back in a few days with helpful information. They seem to be much more helpful online than on the phone.

Note: I dont know as much about all the processes as a lot of people on here, so if anyone disagrees with trying this please say so. I dont want to do more harm than good.

Best of luck to you.

If someone was denied entry by CBP, which is part of the Homeland Security Department, I doubt that the Consulates, which are part of the Department of State, would have any idea why or how to fix it.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes I was at the airport, they made me go to the ticket counter and buy her a return flight home, they said if I did not she would spend the days in the holding cell till the airplane company agrees to give her a free flight home. I was so devastated I just agreed and paid for the flight, I was not given the chance to do anything. They allowed her to give me a wedding band. I felt so scared I was frozen, and did not ask many questions, I just kept agreeing.

This is terrible!

What airport was this??

What did they stamp in her passport??

She does have a K-1 visa in her passport, right?

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Timeline

This was the LAX, no idea what was in her passport, again they didn't let me talk to her, only see her briefly so she could hand me my wedding band, I do not speak korean and she is crying the whole time, what can I do,

Timeline

I was in korea a month ago and promised her family I would take care of her. Her having to go back is very difficult, she hasnt seen her family yet only staying with her friends,she is too embarrassed to see her family, I am on here to see if there is a quick fix, but apparently there is none, MY next step is to fly to korea this weekend and get a lawyer there.

thanks everyone for the help, i really thought maybe someone had the magic bullet, but apparantly not, my fiance cannot read english so she cant tell me what kind of paperowrk she got

I was in korea a month ago and promised her family I would take care of her. Her having to go back is very difficult, she hasnt seen her family yet only staying with her friends,she is too embarrassed to see her family, I am on here to see if there is a quick fix, but apparently there is none, MY next step is to fly to korea this weekend and get a lawyer there.

thanks everyone for the help, i really thought maybe someone had the magic bullet, but apparantly not, my fiance cannot read english so she cant tell me what kind of paperowrk she got

Can she take a photo of what she received and email it to you? Or do a Skype session and have her show you that way?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.