Alma27

Abused wife applied for AOS, I'm lost plz help me!

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you S_R, Leatherneck and Rufus2012 and DeeDee&Sam for your kind replies. I will seek assistance and will move to a shelter before my husband gets released from jail.

It's kind of heartbreaking to realize that a lot of people see bad intentions and fraud everywhere and advise the person to go back to their home countries. They don't realize how hard it is on them, I never understood why people give that advice? If the person asking for advice wanted to leave the US they wouldn't be on this forum trying the find a solution, they would be back home because it's the easiest way out, you just buy a ticket and leave. Also, I noticed that Symply_Me, who is blaming me for not coming here on a fiance visa and 'jumping' into a marriage 5 months after entry has entered the US himself/herself on a VWP not a fiance visa and got married 30 days after entry! Seriously?

Because opinions are like butt holes -- every body has one.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont care to know more about other peoples b holes and it looks like OP did get her answer back at #4 by Leatherneck

So why continue this thread?

event.png

event.png

It is neither judging nor a personal opinion. It is a statement from the information presented by the OP:

The police found enough evidence to place him on a 10 day restraining order the first time, and when the roommates called the second time, to arrest him for attempted murder. While police do make mistakes, it is nonetheless a reasonable statement based upon the evidence presented that the man is abusive.

Kathryn, being arrested does not mean you are guilty.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Kathryn, being arrested does not mean you are guilty.

The police obviously had enough evidence, i.e., probably cause to arrest him for domestic violence. He is not guilty as he has yet to be, well, judged. Guilty of an act and committing an act are different animals.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

The police obviously had enough evidence, i.e., probably cause to arrest him for domestic violence. He is not guilty as he has yet to be, well, judged. Guilty of an act and committing an act are different animals.

No, the police had probably caused, doen't mean they had enough evidence.

Guilty of an act and committing an act are different animals, therefore how can anyone who was not there judged the individual.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed - but it does not mean you are innocent either.

He has been arrested twice based on allegations of abuse. There was enough evidence of abuse in the first case for a judge to issue a restraining order, which indicates that the arrest for abuse was proven. He was arrested the second time for an action that police believe goes even further than abuse - an attempt at murder. He is still in custody for this arrest. He may indeed be released if the charges prove groundless - which has not apparently happened yet - or he is cleared in trial. Based on the evidence present from the information posted by the OP it is neither a judgment nor a personal opinion to state that the individual in question turned out to be abusive.

Speculation on the veracity of the information presented and suspicion of fake VAWA claims are judgmental and inappropriate. It is appropriate to say that there is another side of the story, but it is not appropriate to say that the OP is not telling the truth, nor that she is seeking a fake VAWA claim, or that she is committing immigration fraud. Why is it more difficult to believe that a foreign woman who marries a US citizen may be the victim of abuse than it is to believe that the US citizen is an abuser?

Regardless, such speculation and judgment do not address the question asked by the OP based upon the evidence presented. So, if you have nothing constructive to answer the question and only wish to speculate and make judgments on the OP and her situation, then do not participate in this thread. This is not a game; it is someone's real life situation. This topic is not posted in the Off Topic forum; it is posted in the immigration related forums and as such, judgmental, speculative discussion is inappropriate.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Agreed - but it does not mean you are innocent either.

He has been arrested twice based on allegations of abuse. There was enough evidence of abuse in the first case for a judge to issue a restraining order, which indicates that the arrest for abuse was proven. He was arrested the second time for an action that police believe goes even further than abuse - an attempt at murder. He is still in custody for this arrest. He may indeed be released if the charges prove groundless - which has not apparently happened yet - or he is cleared in trial. Based on the evidence present from the information posted by the OP it is neither a judgment nor a personal opinion to state that the individual in question turned out to be abusive.

Speculation on the veracity of the information presented and suspicion of fake VAWA claims are judgmental and inappropriate. It is appropriate to say that there is another side of the story, but it is not appropriate to say that the OP is not telling the truth, nor that she is seeking a fake VAWA claim, or that she is committing immigration fraud. Why is it easier to believe that a foreign woman who marries a US citizen may be the victim of abuse than it is to believe that the US citizen is an abuser?

Regardless, such speculation and judgment do not address the question asked by the OP based upon the evidence presented. So, if you have nothing constructive to answer the question and only wish to speculate and make judgments on the OP and her situation, then do not participate in this thread. This is not a game; it is someone's real life situation. This topic is not posted in the Off Topic forum; it is posted in the immigration related forums and as such, judgmental, speculative discussion is inappropriate.

TIC.....

Timeline

No, the police had probably caused, doen't mean they had enough evidence.

Guilty of an act and committing an act are different animals, therefore how can anyone who was not there judged the individual.

The call to the police was the probable cause to show up -- obviously they had enough to make an arrest based on the evidence they saw and the testimony by the roommates and the victim.

We judge him based on the testimony of the victim -- the same way a jury will judge the perp. The members of a potential jury would not have been there either. Testimony and evidence is what they will judge the defendant on, should the case get that far.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One point not yet made is in regard to the conclusion that the OP (if she left) would have to go back to her home country -- where she says she's afraid to go.

As long as she left the U.S., she could go to any country that would admit her.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yesterday I had the same hunch with this thread was warned and my post disappeared.

With my second apology to the mod I still feel my post should have remained, though you Vanessa and Tony put it more eloquently

The time frame that she presented does not add up. Never said anything judgmental just questioning the validity !!!

I think that falls in the boundaries of VJ...right?

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I realized that the only ways to be able to participate and don't get my post removed are those:

- No participate or,

- this (F) , (L) , :) , :( , :goofy: .

Sad, very sad.

or just vote for other posts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post containing speculative, judgmental comments not answering the question has been removed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

one more solid proof that show how many human beings with no moral sense are walking on this earth. let's all judge her for wanting to stay in the USA because it has way more to offer and SEEMS to be more civilized than other countries. let's all judge her for getting married with someone that wanted to kill her, because OF COURSE is always a woman's fault when a man gets angry, she didnt wash his clothes good enough, or probably had the guts to make a new friend. none of us know her personally so that gives us the right to speculate and judge because oh thats so much more fun in doing that.

OP: you know what you have to do now, you got some strong advice from 5% of the people that commented here

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

or just vote for other posts.

There isn't a -1 bottom, unfortunately.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you S_R, Leatherneck and Rufus2012 and DeeDee&Sam for your kind replies. I will seek assistance and will move to a shelter before my husband gets released from jail.

Excellent. Staying alive is the first priority. A ten day restraining order if I understand correctly - that must mean a temporary order until a hearing is held, or you ask for a longer term or something. You can never be alone with this guy. Don't do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.