Alma27

Abused wife applied for AOS, I'm lost plz help me!

70 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

@ Symply_Me, drop it. You are not the person to pass judgements, especially after your own immoral story.

@O.P. Get professional help, aka a laywer and a psychologist. If the petition for ROC because of abuse fails, ask for Asylum. Forums are great, but take everything with a pinch of salt. Your husband is insane, and, while I know in your culture wife beating isn't really frowned upon (I am guessing you are Iranian), such is not the case in any normal society.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Other Timeline

@ Symply_Me, drop it. You are not the person to pass judgements, especially after your own immoral story.

@O.P. Get professional help, aka a laywer and a psychologist. If the petition for ROC because of abuse fails, ask for Asylum. Forums are great, but take everything with a pinch of salt. Your husband is insane, and, while I know in your culture wife beating isn't really frowned upon (I am guessing you are Iranian), such is not the case in any normal society.

whatever.

Edited by Symply_Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1) there is no need for you to go anywhere

2) divorce him

3) you are in America. you are in a country where freedom is the centerpeice of the constitution. Grow some confidence in you and kick his ####. you are not supposed to be treated like that

4) get a nice job, educate yourself and fight for you livelihood.

5) it is good that he is jaiL. serves his right. and stop thinking about him.

start over. its never too late. easy said then done. but you have to do what you have to do. its not complicated anymore. things will be more complicated if you show inconfidence and dependecy on him. it may be tough in the beginning but if you educate yourself, you will find work and this will grow a new sense of confidence in you. i am sure from other vj'ers you will find out the procedure to get a greencard and so on. it is possible to get a greencard based on certain conditions. try to hire a lawyer first. sue him. and use some of his resources for your own good and develop yourself. you need to be tough. and never ever let someone do this to you again. because this is not why you came to america. America has some of the best laws which protect women from this kind of abuse and thats the reason why he is in jail. think from your head not from you heart.

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yup yup and culin h

cut it out you two! try to help the op.... its not about you on this forum. if you can try just try to assist.

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear what has happen to you on this but a lot of people on here are right! Like someone already said your in America already! get a divorce from him go on and finish what you started on your papers. You will find love in the future someone who will love you the way you want to be loved. Last of my 2 cents is A man who hits a woman isn't a man but a coward he will find out what it's like to be a woman in prison! Good luck and be happy!

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Stay away form him, move, go to immigration file and stay in US, get an attorney file for a divorce. Get some help emotionally and physically to survive this. Make ourself #1, get help from a womens or community groups as it appears you want to stay. If he shows up have him arrested immediately before you are dead. Do not be a victim.

Edited by bigdog

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Friend, hope you bear in mind that in the eyes of God -- we are all very precious to HIM. There is no condemnation in the kingdom of God. We all fall short -- all of us have sinned, so please try not to pass judgment to anyone no matter who they / we are. Only God can judge us as HE is our creator and savior. Please be well and stay cool ! If we could help someone out of his / her bad situation that would be a blessing. Take care and God bless you ! :)(F)

@Alma27, sorry about your situation -- I know everything happened for a reason. I hope you listened to the very good advices of our VJs. Please protect yourself by staying away from him. Thank God that you are still alive. Hope you find a good lawyer to help you out and get your GC. Hope next time you should be very careful. Try to live well and always pray to God to guide you in all your challenges. God bless you! (L)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The OP has asked for your advice, not your judgments on her situation. Visa Journey is meant to be a supportive and instructive forum. If you are not able to contribute with useful and constructive advice, then do not participate in this thread. A number of inappropriate judgmental comments have been removed.

It is also a TOS violation to make personal attacks and insults against other VJ members. An additional number of posts violating this TOS, along with a few posts quoting same, have been removed. If there are any further comments like these, either judgmental or insulting, they too will be removed and the poster thread-banned from participating in this discussion.

Please keep the discussion on track and do not derail it with discussion unrelated to the OP's topic.

The OP is here legally and is legally allowed to request AOS as she did not enter the country with the intention to stay, but met someone while here and got married. Unfortunately, he has turned out to be abusive, and she does have the right to file a VAWA application. It is exactly for these circumstances that VAWA was created. From what she has said, she does have sufficient evidence and it would be the best course of action for her to follow. Individual judgmental 'interpretations' otherwise are inappropriate and against the spirit of Visa Journey.

The acceptable parts of two posts containing a quote of a removed post are returned to the thread below.

Laure&Colin wrote Today, 11:42 AM

To the OP: get a restraining order, file for divorce, contact a lawyer if you can afford one regarding WAVA. I think that with several police reports and attempted murder charges against your husband, it should really be approved.

Friend, hope you bear in mind that in the eyes of God -- we are all very precious to HIM. There is no condemnation in the kingdom of God. We all fall short -- all of us have sinned, so please try not to pass judgment to anyone no matter who they / we are. Only God can judge us as HE is our creator and savior. Please be well and stay cool ! If we could help someone out of his / her bad situation that would be a blessing. Take care and God bless you ! :)(F)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Second warning - you are not here to 'judge' the OP's situation. Additional posts making judgments and unwarranted speculations have been removed. Again, if you have no constructive advice for the OP, then do not participate in this thread. Any further posters who ignore this warning will be thread-banned.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Katheryn your first warning came before I posted, while i was writing...sorry for this

I honestly did not know I could not voice my opinion that I dont believe the OP is real.

There was no malice in my post towards her at all or judgement. If you read what I wrote..I was not judging her, I was questioning the big holes in her story by the time frame she wrote in her own words. Never did I say anything about her personally.

In fact I conveyed my honest feelings that if it is true I hope she gets the help she needs. I remain this way (F)

Also if all the posts must stick to only constructive advice then maybe mine did not fall under this rule. :blush:

event.png

event.png

The OP has asked for your advice, not your judgments on her situation. Visa Journey is meant to be a supportive and instructive forum. If you are not able to contribute with useful and constructive advice, then do not participate in this thread. A number of inappropriate judgmental comments have been removed.

It is also a TOS violation to make personal attacks and insults against other VJ members. An additional number of posts violating this TOS, along with a few posts quoting same, have been removed. If there are any further comments like these, either judgmental or insulting, they too will be removed and the poster thread-banned from participating in this discussion.

Please keep the discussion on track and do not derail it with discussion unrelated to the OP's topic.

The OP is here legally and is legally allowed to request AOS as she did not enter the country with the intention to stay, but met someone while here and got married. Unfortunately,

he has turned out to be abusive
, and she does have the right to file a VAWA application. It is exactly for these circumstances that VAWA was created. From what she has said, she does have sufficient evidence and it would be the best course of action for her to follow. Individual judgmental 'interpretations' otherwise are inappropriate and against the spirit of Visa Journey.

The acceptable parts of two posts containing a quote of a removed post are returned to the thread below.

Is that not judging or isn't that your personal opinion? BTW the 1 was a mistake.

I realized that the only ways to be able to participate and don't get my post removed are those:

- No participate or,

- this (F) , (L) , :) , :( , :goofy: .

Sad, very sad.

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Timeline

Is that not judging or isn't that your personal opinion? BTW the 1 was a mistake.

It is neither judging nor a personal opinion. It is a statement from the information presented by the OP:

he started threatening to kill me and himself and the physical abuse got bad. I called the police the first time because i was seriously afraid for my life. He got arrested, i got a 10 day restraining order

i try to get out of bed then he grabs me, throws me on the bed and puts the comforter on my face as if he wants to smother me (i believe that he was trying to scare me so that i do as he says). The roommates heard both of us screaming and they called the police. he's in jail now and will probably be charged for attempted murder! (that's what the public defendant told me)

The police found enough evidence to place him on a 10 day restraining order the first time, and when the roommates called the second time, to arrest him for attempted murder. While police do make mistakes, it is nonetheless a reasonable statement based upon the evidence presented that the man is abusive.

Edited by Kathryn41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.